PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
this 240p version that you have jokippo is perfect. thanks. it was so frustrating trying to find the 240p option in the normal version, until I realised I had to download this 240p version

Attachments

• ps1SFII240p.png
    ps1SFII240p.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: SaulFabre

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the same version I am using (v14 CHD), I tried GT 1.1 with level 9 PBP and it still stutters on some menus, actually even more so. But no more crashes. All with Lightrec.

Last edited by _47iscool,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
New update of my mod of WiiStation with CHD support: v0.0.5-test

Here i merged latest CHD code from PCSX-ReARMed.
I also updated to latest libraries used by the CHD implementation:
- libCHDr - updated until git 9108f34
- LZMA - updated to LZMA 19.00
- ZLIB - updated to ZLIB 1.2.13

Also i updated to latest Lightrec until git 83b5040

Btw, i retested Rayman 2 with this new build but it seems that the issue still occurs... :v
https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/e44b9872f75a59227191d24eedd6ab26c8ac6ee9

Please test this build, thanks ;)

Attachments

• WiiStation_CHD-experimental_v0.0.5-test-saulfabreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited by SaulFabre,

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
@Jokippo

thanks for another update!

A bug report from 240p_v16. Even when I saved the setting for Limit FPS as "Auto", it keeps going too fast (unlimited FPS) and the FPS limit isn't being applied when i boot. More noticeable in BIOS and most games.

View attachment 396397
As I use the psp bios, I always leave "Boot Through Bios" on "no"
So I ended up not encountering this problem at startup, but the question that bothers me now is the following... does starting the bios with "yes" change any compatibility? because the games I've tested have worked perfectly for me so far

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
As I use the psp bios, I always leave "Boot Through Bios" on "no"
So I ended up not encountering this problem at startup, but the question that bothers me now is the following... does starting the bios with "yes" change any compatibility? because the games I've tested have worked perfectly for me so far
Honestly i dont know, but it shouldnt affect so much the compatibility.

Btw, the problem was already solved in 240p_v16a

Reactions: GustavoReis

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
More reports from before latest update:

Fist (Japan) - No Issues, full speed, shitty game tough.

From TV Animation One Piece - Grand Battle! (Japan) - fluctuates around 50-59fps during gameplay

From TV Animation One Piece - Grand Battle! 2 (Japan) - Works better then its predecessor, full speed it seems.

Heaven's Gate (Japan) - No issues, Full Speed

Memorial Series - Sunsoft Vol. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 (Japan) - No Issues, Full Speed, but these are mostly faulty ports of SUNSOFT famicom games, with the best one being Gimmick on vol 6

Rockman 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (Complete Works) - No Issues, Full speed, but screen adjustment is slightly off (might be how it is in real hardware.

Rockman 6 (Complete Works) - maybe is just me, but sometimes jump does not register?? everything else seems fine?

Touki Denshou - Angel Eyes (Japan) - Minor Sprite Graphic Glitches on attacks sometimes, Full Speed.

Toushinden - Card Quest (Japan) - No Issues, Full Speed.

Toushinden Otanoshimi-Ban (Japan) (Demo) - Run slow between 45-55 fps.

Toushinden Subaru / Toshinden 4 (Japan) - Gameplay seems fine at full speed, but Cutscenes with closeups slow down to 40-55fps

TV Animation X - Unmei no Sentaku (Japan) - No Issues, Full Speed.

Twin Goddesses (Japan) - Does not work well, runs extremely slow even when FPS shows at 45-50fps, to the point that i tought the game softlocked during black loading screens and i have to exit to menu then ''resume game''.

Ultraman - Fighting Evolution (Japan) - fluctuates around 50-59fps during gameplay

Umihara Kawase Shun (Japan) - Perfect, No Issues, Full Speed.

Unholy War, The (USA) - Occasionally has a half a second slow down during explosions and such, otherwise works fine at 60fps

Wu-Tang - Shaolin Style (USA) - previously tested it, seems to work alright, but has tiny pauses during loading alleyway screens, otherwise works nice.

WWF In Your House (USA) (Rev 1) - Doesnt work well, gameplay is full speed, but stage graphics and others are a disgusting mess that can cause seizures, and also fucks up the voice samples, menus work fine, dont recommend playing.

Zero Divide (USA) - Framerate seems weird, sometimes it goes at 50-55fps, then it goes like if Limit FPS is disabled so it runs fast.

Zero Divide 2 - The Secret Wish (Japan) - Perfect, No issues, Full Speed
Post automatically merged:

this 240p version that you have jokippo is perfect. thanks. it was so frustrating trying to find the 240p option in the normal version, until I realised I had to download this 240p version
I assume you have not been checking out during the last couple of months for the subforks others made since which already integrated 240p with optional Trap and Bilinear filters and even Deflicker?

Last edited by MeXen,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre

I was wondering if you knew why chdman compresses with both lzma and cdzl deflate. Is it using two different compression methods (besides flac) for CDDA games?

How it that even possible if so?
CHDMAN uses different methods of compression for achieve the less size possible for CHDs.
So they use all in one the methods LZMA (oddly from 7-Zip) for CD data, ZLIB for CD deflate and FLAC for CD audio.

Fist (Japan) - No Issues, full speed, shitty game tough.
Haha, looks like u became AVGN in that comment for that game.

Reactions: _47iscool

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

Switching to 480i works exactly as advertised, incredible! Now my TV can use it's built in de-interlacer to decomb the image. Works like a charm when it's running full speed!

EDIT: The FPS limit button combo also works fantastically, loading times are a thing of the past! I can boot up a street fighter EX2 and get in a match within 15 seconds!!

Last edited by Disorarara,

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[BUG] Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (rev 1.2 - PAL - SLES-02605), cue/bin, official bios scph1001

Wiistation v2.4-240pV16a
(happened already on previous versions, back to v11 I think)

When using the Quit button in Championship mode or Single Rally mode (required to save/update the player's profile), it gives either a black screen or a crash dump.
Note: luckily, there's a workaround by starting the next race, press Start, then choose Exit to main menu. No crash from there and the game data are saved/updated.:ninja:

quit_button.jpg

crash_dump.gif

Last edited by Ouaz,
Reactions: GustavoReis

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Is the v16a compatible with chd format ? Or is it only the saulfabreg release ?
240p_v16a has my CHD implementation from PCSX-ReARMed.

Btw, i retested Rayman 2 with this new build but it seems that the issue still occurs... :v
BTW, this exact same issue isn't affecting only WiiStation, but also latest WiiSX suffers of the exact same issue.
I reported it here for see if they can fix it for Wii:
https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/issues/25

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHDMAN uses different methods of compression for achieve the less size possible for CHDs.
So they use all in one the methods LZMA (oddly from 7-Zip) for CD data, ZLIB for CD deflate and FLAC for CD audio.

Haha, looks like u became AVGN in that comment for that game.

I thought so. Which is probably why compression takes so long.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Last night, tested Bubsy 3D, now works at full speed!...............but it DSI crashes after the first level......

good.
try testing it with latest WiiSX too.

Same thing of DSI exception after escaping the first pirate boat at Rayman 2 on WiiStation (with CHD) also happens on latest WiiSX... :v

Forgot to say: are you using CHD or BIN/CUE?

Last edited by SaulFabre,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
try testing it with latest WiiSX too.

Same thing of DSI exception after escaping the first pirate boat at Rayman 2 on WiiStation (with CHD) also happens on latest WiiSX... :v

Forgot to say: are you using CHD or BIN/CUE?

Heh, i am too lazy to switch back to BIN/CUE, i converted all my library of nearly 400 titles to CHD, but i can try those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m