PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOW, I dare ask some requests: :P

1) Would it possible to add a setting to disable the Bilinear Filtering?
It's a pity to have PS1 games running so fine, but blurry. I don't know if it's hard to implement, or if it would impact the performance (I think not, as all emulators on Wii has it). So, it's just an humble request.
This is the one feature I keep hoping is added. It would certainly kick the wow factor of PSX games running on a Wii up a notch.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I remember requesting that on Github some time ago, but never got a response.

As far as I know, things like bilinear do not help performance, but in fact can affect it because the emulator/device needs to do extra work. It shouldn't be much stress to do it, at least not with 240p games, but even things like RetroArch make mention of it.

Xnes

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have tried some games using the WiiStation 2.0 version

Bust a Groove (USA): Played well at 59-57, with no perceptible errors. However, at first there is a graphics glitch in Hiro's stage, but it doesn't affect gameplay.

Bust a Move 2 (JAP): Played well at 59-57 fps, no noticeable graphical bugs.

J League Winning Eleven 3 (JAP): Played well at 59.7 FPS all the time. Play with the standard control since with the analog one it cannot be mobilized. I needed to switch to CDDA disabled mode, as I didn't have to go past the loading screen, however the audio still plays. Some description texts in the menu don't appear.

Pepsiman (JAP). Playable with audio. Used version of separate multitracks

Winning eleven 3.Final Ver (JAP). Played well at 59.7 FPS all the time. Some imperceptible audio errors at specific points. Some description texts in the menu do not appear.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am also playing with a gamecube compatible original wii on same system menu version (4.3) and each wiistation build is working flawless for me. The latest build attached above runs my psx games fine with background music.

There must be something wrong with your configuration. How come you get 0 fps?

Do you have the correct bios files? Try loading another clean .iso backup of the same game.

You should enable "start with bios" option from the settings.

LM-X525 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
So you were right i selected enable "start with bios" option from the settings and now it works im really happy with all the improvements it runs way better than the build i was using.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
@SaulFabre

Screenshot_20230514-192503.png

Reactions: SaulFabre

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
On WiiSX 3.0 with the new lightrec and the PSX on PSP Bios, a huge majority of games that used to crash or run slowly now run flawlessly, here's a short list of games that run perfectly now with no frameskip and no graphical issues

Street Fighter EX2 Plus
Fatal Fury Wild Ambition
Starfighter Sanvein
NBA Hangtime
NBA Showtime
NBA Hoopz
NFL Blitz 2000
Mortal Kombat 4
Quake 2
Midnight Run
Radikal Bikers
Golden Tee Golf
Psychic Force

This is a really great update, so many more arcade games run now on Wii, including a lot of 3D fighters that didn't before! I also tried it with the heaviest games like Tekken 3 which averages 50fps(!!!) and Bloody Roar 2 which averages about 35 to 50fps, it's truly incredible progress, hats off to everyone who made it possible!

What PSP bios?

• Haha
Reactions: niuus

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is a modified version of the BIOS that, as far as I've read from other people like, here for example, makes games perform better.
Interesting, I didn't know that.
I'm currently testing it on WiiStation_build_844b980, and maybe it's a placebo effect, but it seems framerate drops are less severe in some games.
For example, in Ridge Racer 4, there's a framerate drop during the car award cutscene. With the regular bios, it drops to 45-50, with big audio hiccups. With this modified bios, it drops to 50-55, and the audio hiccups are way less noticeable.

Last edited by Ouaz,
Reactions: SaulFabre

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Awesome, ill test it, using normal BIOS i still get 17-18 pauses every few minutes while playin.
Post automatically merged:

Did download it and put it on my bios folder, but how do i load it?

Name the bios file as SCHP1001.bin and place it on sd or usb in the directory wiisxrx/bios

Then enter wiistation's settings and enable the "run with bios" option.

Now when you load any game, you will see a playstation logo roll for a few seconds if the bios loads correctly.

i'm using the same bios file right now and it loads the games fine.

Reactions: GustavoReis

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Name the bios file as SCHP1001.bin and place it on sd or usb in the directory wiisxrx/bios

Then enter wiistation's settings and enable the "run with bios" option.

Now when you load any game, you will see a playstation logo roll for a few seconds if the bios loads correctly.

i'm using the same bios file right now and it loads the games fine.
Ok, i did the swap, and...................not much has improved that i noticed compared to standalone current Wiistation build with normal BIOS :mellow:, but whatever, so far here's my report

:(Tetris with Card Captor Sakura - Still doesnt work (freezes during warning intro screen)

B-)Transformers Beast Wars (Japan) - Works, Full speed but only played it for like 3 minutes

:(Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals (US) - Doesnt work (Menus and Selection works fine, but game Freezes during battle Load screens)

B-)Street Fighter Collection 1 (Disc 1 (Super Vanilla and Super Turbo) and Disc 2 (Alpha 2 Gold) - BOTH WORK, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES.

B-)Street Fighter Alpha - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES.

B-)Street Fighter Alpha 3 - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES.

:huh:Street Fighter EX +a - WORKS at 50 FPS during Gameplay

:wacko:Shaman King Spirit of Shaman - Doesnt work, Menus and Gameplay seemed fine, but after first fight at VS Mode/VS CPU, games fucks up and get black screen, Yoh and Manta's voice speeches from cutscenes, then messy glitched out audio and then dies.

:angry:Powerpuff Girls Chemical X Traction - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES, BUT GAME FUCKING SUCKS.

:mellow:Capcom vs SNK PRO - WORKS, FULL SPEED, but Mild occasional mild corrupted sprites

B-)Strider Hiryu - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES

;)Strider 2 - WORKS, MENUS MOSTLY FINE, small slowdown during 60fps parts on menus, gameplay at full speed.

:yay::bow: Castlevania Simphony of the Night - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES, PERFECT. (need to Test Gemini Translation)

B-)Dr. Slump - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES, Played the English translation with normal Arale model, (classic arale hack doesnt work for somereason tough)

;)Hokuto No Ken - WORKS SO FAR, FULL SPEED SO FAR, NO ISSUES, ill keep playin

B-)JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES

Is it possible to keep a proper up to date compatibility list for this project now? even so we have come so far since the mid 2010s since the older versions of WiiSX and WiiSXRX, i keep hopes that emulation and compatibility can still be improved so at the very least PSX emulation on the Wii end ups much more serviceable then N64 emulation, now the Wii truly can become a practical emulation machine for CRT tv sets.

Walwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Starting wiistation through a wiiu forwarder, does not support loading games from usb? I'm getting an error when trying, but it works if I enter the vWii and then open the wiistation in the homebrew channel

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting wiistation through a wiiu forwarder, does not support loading games from usb? I'm getting an error when trying, but it works if I enter the vWii and then open the wiistation in the homebrew channel
I believe that is true. You will need to use your SD card to load games if you are using a forwarder in the Wii U menu to vWii.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_5d36d2d_13052023.zip
    960 KB · Views: 24

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Latest build of WiiStation as of May 13, 2023

WiiStation - main branch until git 5d36d2d
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/5d36d2d184ac88d3d24fd9c9aaa271dda84f3805

Latest change on main branch is correcting the CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) playback logic, with some modifications of the code, the emulator isn't using multithreading anymore for CDDA.

Please test this build, thanks ;)
I tested yugioh forbidden memories on vwii in this latest version. I used the bios and everything worked fine until I tried to look at the card duel in 3D mode (when attacking a card using the square button, the cards are shown battling with their 3D models), then after that there is a code dump error.

I also need mention that I've noticed that the framerate is incredibly constant now. On the overclocked vwii, there were still some frame drops in this game, for example in animations when attacking cards, or performing fusions, but now it's perfect.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Latest build of WiiStation as of May 13, 2023

WiiStation - main branch until git 5d36d2d
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/5d36d2d184ac88d3d24fd9c9aaa271dda84f3805

Latest change on main branch is correcting the CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) playback logic, with some modifications of the code, the emulator isn't using multithreading anymore for CDDA.

Please test this build, thanks ;)

:unsure:Tomba - Seems all over the place, some parts run at full speed, others at 55fps, and some slow down back to 45fps

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So... most games I've tested runs fine (eg. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Actua Soccer 3, Croc, Bishi Bashi Special, Disney's Tarzan) and with good framerate. But...
- Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party - irritating line with graphical glitches at the top of the screen
- Vib-Ribbon is close to work fine (!!!), but unstable

Another bugs/ideas:
- button "Load from DVD" causes Wii that not support DVD discs hang - is it possible to make it disabled/invisibile on such consoles (by detecting this feature during emulator loading)
- going this way, some kind of game list (created during emulator loading) showed on main screen (maybe with cover arts?) would be nice, as entering my ISOs directory takes a moment (everytime I enter it - while game list could be created once)
- individual settings for every game (even by simple .ini file named same as .cue) - to override standard options (eg. some games doesn't support analog controller - Rayman, Sexy Parodius, Tomb Raider II, some can be played in 16:9 - Worms World Party) and don't remeber to set it everytime game is played
- is there a chance to implement image scalling to compensate TV's overscan?

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested Looney Tunes Sheep Raider and Crash CTR, both work fine but with a bit of lag. What I don't understand is that sometimes the framerate is high but the game seems slow.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i did the swap, and...................not much has improved that i noticed compared to standalone current Wiistation build with normal BIOS :mellow:, but whatever, so far here's my report

:(Tetris with Card Captor Sakura - Still doesnt work (freezes during warning intro screen)

B-)Transformers Beast Wars (Japan) - Works, Full speed but only played it for like 3 minutes

:(Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals (US) - Doesnt work (Menus and Selection works fine, but game Freezes during battle Load screens)

B-)Street Fighter Collection 1 (Disc 1 (Super Vanilla and Super Turbo) and Disc 2 (Alpha 2 Gold) - BOTH WORK, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES.

B-)Street Fighter Alpha - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES.

B-)Street Fighter Alpha 3 - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES.

:huh:Street Fighter EX +a - WORKS at 50 FPS during Gameplay

:wacko:Shaman King Spirit of Shaman - Doesnt work, Menus and Gameplay seemed fine, but after first fight at VS Mode/VS CPU, games fucks up and get black screen, Yoh and Manta's voice speeches from cutscenes, then messy glitched out audio and then dies.

:angry:Powerpuff Girls Chemical X Traction - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES, BUT GAME FUCKING SUCKS.

:mellow:Capcom vs SNK PRO - WORKS, FULL SPEED, but Mild occasional mild corrupted sprites

B-)Strider Hiryu - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES

;)Strider 2 - WORKS, MENUS MOSTLY FINE, small slowdown during 60fps parts on menus, gameplay at full speed.

:yay::bow: Castlevania Simphony of the Night - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES, PERFECT. (need to Test Gemini Translation)

B-)Dr. Slump - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES, Played the English translation with normal Arale model, (classic arale hack doesnt work for somereason tough)

;)Hokuto No Ken - WORKS SO FAR, FULL SPEED SO FAR, NO ISSUES, ill keep playin

B-)JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - WORKS, FULL SPEED, NO ISSUES

Is it possible to keep a proper up to date compatibility list for this project now? even so we have come so far since the mid 2010s since the older versions of WiiSX and WiiSXRX, i keep hopes that emulation and compatibility can still be improved so at the very least PSX emulation on the Wii end ups much more serviceable then N64 emulation, now the Wii truly can become a practical emulation machine for CRT tv sets.

Tetris with Card Captor Sakura will work on WiiSX RX 3.3, the last released version, runs at 50-ish FPS without frameskip, It freezes in any other version of WiiSX.

Shaman King Spirit of Shaman also seemed to work fine at full speed in WiiSX 3.0 without crashing but admittedly I wasn't able to get too far due to not being able to read japanese.

Transformers Beastmetals Transmetals does indeed freeze during loading on any version of WiiSX, not crash but just stop loading which is unfortunate. One of the first commercial games that I haven't been able to load in any version of WiiSX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn