SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I made a quick modifictaion to WiiSCU after I read many people are having trouble updating Shop Channel with it. Before it tried to grab the latest version, but for some reason that failed, so I forced to get v18 (i.e. the latest version). I have not tried it yet, as I dont have brick protection, but if someone on 4.0 or 4.1 could try it that'd be great. BTW, this includes the unofficial 0.22 update as well.

Here's a link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dzn2ll2ayzm

NOTE: This may not work, I give no guarantee. If you're unsure about it, wait for some confirmation from others that it works first.

WARNING: If you update IOS61 with this tool, choose -trucha. Choosing +trucha will probably make HBC turn upside down. There is no need for trucha in IOS61 anyway.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
geuss i will give it a go on the upstairs wii, thanx for the effort

i am on 4.1u with this launch date wii ,
so i will just update the shop channel. edit... all went fine and shop channel is now accessable

do you think it worx on 4.2 or not?

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It worked? Good. It should work fine on 4.2, but if you're on 4.2, you may as well update normally. Unless you use a "safe" updater and therefore didnt install the boot2 update, in which case this should work for you.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, SifJar,
biggrin.gif
. Let me test it right now...

markehmus said:
do you think it worx on 4.2 or not?

It would have to do so.

EDIT: yeah, it worked like a charm.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good to know it works. It was a very easy little modification, so i was scared it may have been too easy (i.e. I hadn't done enough). However, it seems it has worked well, so I am happy with that.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, it should work absoulutely fine. Some of the people above were on 4.2, and it worked fine for them. There is very small chance of bricking, as the ONLY thing I can think of that could possibly brick you in anyway would be if the banner of Shop Channel was somehow corrupted and you got a bannerbrick, but that is VERY unlikely, I have never heard of that happening. That is the only type of brick you could really get, I think. Anything else would just be a not functioning Shop Channel which could be fixed by re-installing.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm on 4.1 and my IOS61 is ver 4890. Shop channel unknown (Nintendo 4.1E update, did work before 4.2 come out)

I was about to use WiiSCU 0.22 last night before the newer update come out.

To use WiiSCU 0.23 on a 4.1E with IOS61 tha is ver 4890 do I need to upgrade both IOS61 and Shopchannel. So do I need to apply any Trucha signing, if so which one - or + in the tool.

Thanks

Also, signcheck tells me that

Code:
IOS numberÂÂÂÂ "Trucha bug"

IOS61 (ver 4890)ÂÂÂÂ Enabled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer my own question and if anybody needs to know the same

Just used WiiSCU 0.23 to update the Wii Shopping channel only, took about 10 minutes to download and install.

All works.

I did NOT touch IOS61, left it as is (version 4890)

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoniPunk said:
Worked fine for me on 4.1U but my homebrew is upsidedown?
You installed IOS61 +trucha didnt you? Run the app again and re-install IOS61, this time -trucha. You may need to reinstall HBC afterwards. HBC doesnt like running on an IOS which is patched, and it usually installs to IOS61. You dont need +trucha anyway, there's no use for trucha bug in IOS61.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
i used regular old wiiscu to update the shop channel and it worked fine.

Some people complained that 0.22 didnt work for them to install the new Shop Channel, so I made this. If the old one works, use it. I dont care. I made this cause people said it didnt work. This is for them.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
I have never installed or used the shop channel before modding my wii and have recently wanted to use the internet channel. The wii is telling me that i need to install the shop channel in order to do this 'and requires a system update'. Now of course im not going to do this and go through the hassle of updating officially to 4.2!!!

Can i just use WiiSCU 0.22 on my softmodded 4.1E to get the shop channel installed for the first time so i can then use the internet & news channels. Only the weather channel is currenlty working fine!

Thanks in advance for your advice as i am not sure if WiiSCU is only for updating (i.e a patch!) and not installing the wiishop channel for the first time!

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
techboy said:
How do you have 4.1 without a shop channel? Did you delete it after updating?

Either way, yes, you can use WiiSCU to install a missing/deleted/never installed shop.

Thnaks for your advice 'techboy'

I have never deleted it after updating wii firmware mate! I'm just not sure if the shop channel came pre shipped with original wii firmware. I think that i may already have the shop channel but it gets so far and says "There is an update to the wii shop! To receive the update, update system menu & come back after you have updated". This only lets me go back to main wii menu. As i never used the shop channel in the past and have since softmodded the wii i thought this may have caused my shop to stop working. Apart this this my wii wifi signal is working fine and transferring data ok on games like online guitar hero/beatles rockband.

My news channel also gives me headlines but when i start channel it says "unable to download the latest information. error code: NEWS000006.......

Any Ideas? Or is this usual after softmodding wii?
Would unstalling WiiSCU 0.22 on my 4.1E sort all my issues for shop,internet channel & news channel?

Also is their a guide for installing as im worried it may overwrite my official nintendo IOS files. Will it install them to cIOS's and do i have to tell it which cIOS's to fix? I've got as far as getting it on the homebrew channel but have not run it yet! Could'nt find any installation guides in the help files that came with WiiSCU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F