Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
melodical said:
Thnaks for your advice 'techboy'

I have never deleted it after updating wii firmware mate! I'm just not sure if the shop channel came pre shipped with original wii firmware. I think that i may already have the shop channel but it gets so far and says "There is an update to the wii shop! To receive the update, update system menu & come back after you have updated". This only lets me go back to main wii menu. As i never used the shop channel in the past and have since softmodded the wii i thought this may have caused my shop to stop working. Apart this this my wii wifi signal is working fine and transferring data ok on games like online guitar hero/beatles rockband.

My news channel also gives me headlines but when i start channel it says "unable to download the latest information. error code: NEWS000006.......

Any Ideas? Or is this usual after softmodding wii?
Would unstalling WiiSCU 0.22 on my 4.1E sort all my issues for shop,internet channel & news channel?

Also is their a guide for installing as im worried it may overwrite my official nintendo IOS files. Will it install them to cIOS's and do i have to tell it which cIOS's to fix? I've got as far as getting it on the homebrew channel but have not run it yet! Could'nt find any installation guides in the help files that came with WiiSCU.

Yep. The problem is that the v0.22 of WiiSCU installs the v17 of the Shop Channel by default, and not the latest one (v18), to just avoid problems. That's why the channel keeps telling you to update. Also, the app usage is very simple. Just change the titles parameters you wanna download to "YES" (in case it is an IOS, just select "-Trucha". "+Trucha" option can be buggy, depending on the IOSes). You might also wanna update the IOS 61, which is the very one the channel uses.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
melodical said:
Thnaks for your advice 'techboy'

I have never deleted it after updating wii firmware mate! I'm just not sure if the shop channel came pre shipped with original wii firmware. I think that i may already have the shop channel but it gets so far and says "There is an update to the wii shop! To receive the update, update system menu & come back after you have updated". This only lets me go back to main wii menu. As i never used the shop channel in the past and have since softmodded the wii i thought this may have caused my shop to stop working. Apart this this my wii wifi signal is working fine and transferring data ok on games like online guitar hero/beatles rockband.

My news channel also gives me headlines but when i start channel it says "unable to download the latest information. error code: NEWS000006.......

Any Ideas? Or is this usual after softmodding wii?
Would unstalling WiiSCU 0.22 on my 4.1E sort all my issues for shop,internet channel & news channel?

Also is their a guide for installing as im worried it may overwrite my official nintendo IOS files. Will it install them to cIOS's and do i have to tell it which cIOS's to fix? I've got as far as getting it on the homebrew channel but have not run it yet! Could'nt find any installation guides in the help files that came with WiiSCU.

Yep. The problem is that the v0.22 of WiiSCU installs the v17 of the Shop Channel by default, and not the latest one (v18), to just avoid problems. That's why the channel keeps telling you to update. Also, the app usage is very simple. Just change the titles parameters you wanna download to "YES" (in case it is an IOS, just select "-Trucha". "+Trucha" option can be buggy, depending on the IOSes). You might also wanna update the IOS 61, which is the very one the channel uses.

actually, v0.22 tries to get the latest version, not any specific one. but for some reason this caused it to not work for some people. so i modified it to get v18, and that appeared to work.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your advice all.

I have a 4.1E using waninkoko's cIOS & I also have have Hiberns cIOS (222,223mload etc)

I originally followed the follwing guide to softmod my wii to 4.1 using this guide: ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835.

In the IOS Installation/upgrade section of WiiSCU 0.22, do i need to install/update IOS16, IOS38, IOS60, or IOS61? Do they upgrade the official nintendo IOS's? Can i leave these alone for now?

Can i just click yes on everything on the 'system channels upgrade options section' instead & then hit 'GO'?

Also, cant see anything about trucha on the main menu should i go for -trucha or +trucha if i come across it?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
after my failed attept to enter the shopping channel, by installing IOS61v5405 and shopping channel v18 via NUS and pasking it to a wad before installing. It still bugs me on updating the shopping channel.

tried this one and reinstalled the ios61 and shop channel and still same problem, can't start, still want to update

korean wii, region changed to US
3.2 -> 4.1 system menu
cios38rev14
hermes cios 202,222,223
bootmii as ios
preloader

any idea's?

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
melodical said:
Thanks for your advice all.

I have a 4.1E using waninkoko's cIOS & I also have have Hiberns cIOS (222,223mload etc)

I originally followed the follwing guide to softmod my wii to 4.1 using this guide: ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835.

In the IOS Installation/upgrade section of WiiSCU 0.22, do i need to install/update IOS16, IOS38, IOS60, or IOS61? Do they upgrade the official nintendo IOS's? Can i leave these alone for now?

Can i just click yes on everything on the 'system channels upgrade options section' instead & then hit 'GO'?

Also, cant see anything about trucha on the main menu should i go for -trucha or +trucha if i come across it?

If you're on 4.1, you already have IOS60 and 61, so just set all the channel upgrade options to yes and hit GO. You dont need to worry about + or - trucha, that's only for IOS.

QUOTE(happydance @ Nov 8 2009, 09:39 PM) after my failed attept to enter the shopping channel, by installing IOS61v5405 and shopping channel v18 via NUS and pasking it to a wad before installing. It still bugs me on updating the shopping channel.

tried this one and reinstalled the ios61 and shop channel and still same problem, can't start, still want to update

korean wii, region changed to US
3.2 -> 4.1 system menu
cios38rev14
hermes cios 202,222,223
bootmii as ios
preloader

any idea's?

Install IOS70. Apparently the latest Shop Channel checks for it.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your advice SifJar!

It identified my wii as a pal and I changed all channels to update 'YES' and it went through the process and seemed to download and install everything ok after about 10-20mins of waiting but i am still getting the same errors on the news channel. The shop also just kicks me back to Wii's main menu when i try and run it?

Any ideas?
unsure.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
melodical said:
Thanks for your advice SifJar!

It identified my wii as a pal and I changed all channels to update 'YES' and it went through the process and seemed to download and install everything ok after about 10-20mins of waiting but i am still getting the same errors on the news channel. The shop also just kicks me back to Wii's main menu when i try and run it?

Any ideas?
unsure.gif

Do you have the IOS 70? If not, download and install it with NUS Downloader and WAD Manager. Also, try to reinstall the IOS 61 without trucha bug.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its kicking you out without loading and telling you to update, it looks like you dont have IOS61 for some reason. Run WiiSCU again and set IOS61 to "-trucha" and then hit GO. After this, your Shop Channel should hopefully work, and you can use it to update the other channels if necessary.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks again SifJar! That did the trick. Shop channel now running ok and have downloaded the internet channel and its working ok. News channel is still giving the same error but i'm not concerned with that channel much anyway! I can live without it.

Now If only bbc iplayer would work! Gonna have to wait i suppose as its supposed to be in the pipeline shortly.

Thanks again mate! much appreciated! WiiSCU is a great little tool! I'll recommend!

grog.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BBC iPlayer doesn't work? Huh, it used to work for me, haven't tried it recently as the Wii version was crap, and also my internet is VERY slow, especially on the Wii.

Anyway, whats the error on the News Channel? If its about WiiConnect24, that's not related, you just have to turn on WiiConnect24 and it'll work. Other than that, I've never heard of any errors on the News Channel. But you say you're not that bothered about it so I guess its OK.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, strange that everything is working apart from the news channel. It shows me the news headline but when i start it it says

"Downloading...
This may take a few moments." (and a little animation of a cat)

-----------------------------
THEN
-----------------------------

Unable to download the latest information.
Error Code: NEWS000006

I've searched the GBAtemp forum for 'NEWS000006' but the only thread that has 'NEWS000006' included in the text is this very thread!

AS i said before, i'm not too concerned about it as bbc news is probably 100 times better anyway! It just seems strange that i am the only person on this forum with this problem/minor annoyance!

Also bbc I-player has a web page placeholder to say that bbc iplayer does not work with the newest version of internet channel but it does add that they are in the process of making a bbc iplayer wii web portal in the near future.

EDIT:
Just found someone else with similar issue, seems like the fix!
http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board/...;thread.id=2734

Thanks again SifJar.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night