Hacking WiinnerTag - Gamertag for Wii owners!

Daileon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
rudedoggx said:
When signing up for the site, which will be the visible gamertag - the username, or the nickname?

Username is for the site and to define the URL of the Tag. Nickname is the visible in the tag.

Posts merged

For all: Thanks for your support on this project!

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, Daileon, I didn't quite understand that. So is nickname the only thing that shows up in the bottom right corner, or also username?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Daileon, i use wiiflow r141, i have edited wiiflow.ini to use wiinertag and copied my key in, this should activate wiinertag, but how can i see if it works

Daileon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Only the nickname is visible in the tag.
The username is used to generate the URL.

For example, imagine this situation:
- NICK: WiinnerTag
- USER: Daileon

If so, my tag would show WiinnerTag, and the url would be www.wiinnertag.com/signatures/Daileon.jpg (and "Daileon" would not be visible in the tag).

Understood?

Daileon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Etheboss said:
Daileon, i use wiiflow r141, i have edited wiiflow.ini to use wiinertag and copied my key in, this should activate wiinertag, but how can i see if it works

Open your profile's page and look at the tag. Or put the tag url in the signature and it would be updated everytime. What is your nickname in the website?

Daileon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
rudedoggx said:
Yeah, thanks. Sorry about that, man.

No problem!
smile.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Daileon said:
Etheboss said:

Open your profile's page and look at the tag. Or put the tag url in the signature and it would be updated everytime.
Ah, then somthing else goes wrong, i look at my profile, nothings adding, i opend 2 games to test, but there not registrering somehow, or do you need to play them for longer than 5 min.?

Daileon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
No no, it should update before the game starts.
frown.gif

Send me a PM with a copy of your wiinnerflow.ini content plz!

WiiCrazy said:
You need to refresh the image since it's being cached I guess...

ps: It would be better if it was dynamic though...

Currently the cache is disabled, so it isn't this...
frown.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Daileon said:

If so, my tag would show WiinnerTag, and the url would be www.wiinnertag.com/signatures/Daileon.jpg (and "Daileon" would not be visible in the tag).

Understood?

You mean:
http://www.wiinnertag.com/signature/daileon.png

It's easy to get the address of it, just get the link to the graphic in your browser.

Daileon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiPower said:
Daileon said:

Understood?

You mean:
http://www.wiinnertag.com/signature/daileon.png

It's easy to get the address of it, just get the link to the graphic in your browser.

Yes, you're right.
smile.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so heres a quick prototype I made:

WTProto1.png

Again, not sure what can or can't be done, but:

1) I definitely think you should use the WiinerTag logo that you have on your site on the sigs. Makes it look cooler. (And I don't care about the name, I'm confident enough in my self LOL)
2) I made an example Mii using an online Mii creator (Google it) so again, not sure if this is something we can upload ourselves or you can somehow add a similar generator to your site. (Talking out of my ass on this one)
3) Not sure if there is some code that can be used to automatically add the game cover reflections, but it would be neat.
smile.gif

4) As for showing which loader we are using on the sig, maybe you can just make it show a small icon instead of the name? That way it won't take up so much space. (Example like a W logo or small icon for Wiiflow? U logo or small icon for ULoader? etc.)

Daileon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jservs7 said:
Ok, so heres a quick prototype I made:

WTProto1.png

Again, not sure what can or can't be done, but:

1) I definitely think you should use the WiinerTag logo that you have on your site on the sigs. Makes it look cooler. (And I don't care about the name, I'm confident enough in my self LOL)
2) I made an example Mii using an online Mii creator (Google it) so again, not sure if this is something we can upload ourselves or you can somehow add a similar generator to your site. (Talking out of my ass on this one)
3) Not sure if there is some code that can be used to automatically add the game cover reflections, but it would be neat.
smile.gif

4) As for showing which loader we are using on the sig, maybe you can just make it show a small icon instead of the name? That way it won't take up so much space. (Example like a W logo or small icon for Wiiflow? U logo or small icon for ULoader? etc.)

Item 1 already done.
smile.gif
Feedback plz!
Item 2: Need to look into. It would be better if it is open-source.
smile.gif

Item 3: I don't think so, but I tought about this, and it could be done with some "cheating", but only if it is linked with the background... Well... If there are some backgrounds that want to use it, I think I can investigate...
Item 4: Yes, really easy, the loaders creators could help with the icons, right?
smile.gif

Oh, btw, interesting BGround!
smile.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K Daileon,

On the Wiinertag logo, just thought that maybe you could add some sort of shadow to it? I just thought it would make it stand out more on lighter backgrounds and still look ok on darker ones.
smile.gif
(Just an opinion)

On the font you are using, I was hoping for something more "Wii" like or "techier".
tongue.gif
The font you are using I feel is kinda too elegant or maybe even "kiddy"? Can you use the "Continuum" Wii font? Not sure if it's possible. (Another opinion)

Thanks for your work and quick feedback.
smile.gif

BTW, on the background that I used, (Did a basic Google search for Zelda backgrounds) I kinda wanted to make the bottom half of the sig darker than that top, just in case you would be able to find a way to use reflections, they would stand out a bit more. I just darkened the bottom half in Photoshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1