Hardware WiiMote turns off in between apps and has to be turned back on

Honkinghard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is difficult to word correctly so here's a video.

I bought a Wii from someone which wasn't in the best of shape. The WiiMote is missing its battery cover, so I put a couple pieces of strong medical tape over the batteries to hold them in place which works fine especially with the silicone cover on top. I've attached some pictures. Before I did that though, I cleaned it up because there was some random stain on part of the WiiMote.

As you can see in the video, the WiiMote turns off when I select an app. Once the app is loaded I have to "wake it up" again to start using it. The same thing happens when I exit back to the main menu. It's certainly usable like this, just a minor inconvenience as it takes a second to sync back up.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• wiimote_00.png
    wiimote_00.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 318
  • wiimote_01.png
    wiimote_01.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 194
  • wiimote_02.png
    wiimote_02.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 244
  • wiimote_03.png
    wiimote_03.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 207

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens because IOS is reloaded/rebooted between applications. Normally the reboot time is quick enough that the remote reconnects by itself, but it's possible that there's too much of a delay that it ends up disconnecting entirely.

Does this happen when loading a retail game from disc or WiiWare, or just with homebrew?

Honkinghard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this happen when loading a retail game from disc or WiiWare, or just with homebrew?

I'm glad you asked because I plan to sell this Wii but forgot to test a game in it first to make sure it works as I usually do. The result... see attached screenshot. I only have his one Wii game to test, a moderately scratched copy of Wii Fit. Hmm.

Attachments

• 20180621_180302.jpg
    20180621_180302.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 200

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Not all 3rd party wiimotes work good, and your 3rd party wiimote is fucked up. Get another one.
About the game I have no idea, is it modded?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.