Wiimote disconnecting

ClaireFahren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! A couple of months ago, I jailbroke a used WiiU I bought a couple of years ago (thanks to this forum for all the helpful threads and apps!) and I'm now having issues with the Wiimotes disconnecting.

Two of the Wiimotes I bought new online (VOYEE brand) and two of the Wiimotes I got used with the console, and I think all of them have had an issue at one point or another, so it doesn't seem to be the Wiimotes themselves. We're sitting 7-8ft from the console, with no obstructions. I'm not sure if it's a battery issue, because it disconnects even on games with no motion controls and if I just leave the Wiimotes sitting on the table without moving them. I've tried unplugging the console for several minutes, resetting the sync and resyncing the remotes, swapping in new batteries (we are using cheap batteries, if that makes a difference), and making sure all other electronic devices in the room are off or out of the way. The gamepad hasn't seemed to have an issue so far.

What else can I try? If it's an issue with the console itself, how can I fix it?

Last edited by ClaireFahren,

ClaireFahren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you hack your WiiU exactly? Tiramisu or one of the older methods?
Yes, Tiramisu. Sorry I didn't specify

Do you also have a original Nintendo one to test?

The motes turn themselfes off when not used for some time. That's called battery saving. ;)
I do not have an original Nintendo Wiimote to test. The ones I got with the WiiU are pretty clearly not original Nintendo ones, but I'm not sure what brand they are.

And yeah, I know they turn themselves off after some time. I tested the laying on the table thing while running a multiplayer game: only one controller turned off about two minutes in, turned back on a couple of seconds later, turned back off a few seconds later, etc for maybe a minute, and then all four were fine for another ten minutes at which point I turned off the game. This matches the pattern of behavior we see when the controllers are in active use. Another detail is that the controllers drop input for a second or two before disconnecting/the light on the controller turning off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E