Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Ok, then where does it crash ? I don't see any call to iosFree in c_irq_dispatcher either so it has to call some functions, which for an unknown reason, does not appear in the stack trace (maybe because it's a direct call through function pointer , I dunno).

Anyway, I think the stack trace is only an indication, it clearly shows that it crashes while freeing memory in one of the IOS heap and that this occurs during an interrupt callback. It could be any interrupt callback but IPC one is the most logical imo.

Another question: could this behavior depends on the USB slot which was used ? I'm not yet sure to understand how this is handled in the code...

EDIT:
sorry to hijack this thread but I think that the following code could led to problem as well

in USB_DeviceChangeNotifyAsync function:
CODE ÂÂÂÂret = IOS_IoctlvAsync(fd,USBV0_IOCTL_DEVICECLASSCHANGE,1,0,msg->vec,__usbv5_messageCB,msg);
ÂÂÂÂIOS_Close(fd);
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif (ret

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
tueidj said:
It depends what the original ipc call was. I removed that big stack of allocs/frees and someone else added them back in.

Edit: Wait, that can't be it because one of the __usbv?_messageCB functions would be in the stack trace.

for what it's worth, I reverted usb.c to your revision before shagkur changes (r4236) and it did not crash anymore (it would always crash after a few minutes).

But unfortunately my USB device (WD Passport 500GB) was not recognized anymore, so I implemented back the small fixes that tantric (or you) made to usb.c in r4258 and r4277 and it worked again...

Still no crash after an half hour of testing

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.0.9 online without doing any other steps? will i have to install the new ios manually?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this is a problem with my network or codecs used in the AVIs I was watching but ...

I am using WiiMC to watch movies stored on a NAS (via ethernet and homeplugs). Most movies so far have played fine but the last couple have started going out of sync after about 10/20 minutes - up to then they have been fine. They are DivX/xVIDs with AC3 sound (all of which is supported by WiiMC). Other movies in the same format also play fine all the way through. The films that go out of sync in WiiMC also play fine in VLan player on my PC (again from the NAS).

Anyone got any ideas what could be different about these latest ones ?

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
Not sure if this is a problem with my network or codecs used in the AVIs I was watching but ...

I am using WiiMC to watch movies stored on a NAS (via ethernet and homeplugs). Most movies so far have played fine but the last couple have started going out of sync after about 10/20 minutes - up to then they have been fine. They are DivX/xVIDs with AC3 sound (all of which is supported by WiiMC). Other movies in the same format also play fine all the way through. The films that go out of sync in WiiMC also play fine in VLan player on my PC (again from the NAS).

Anyone got any ideas what could be different about these latest ones ?

Yea I noticed this too, hopefully it will be recognized/fixed.

yrneh12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this will play MKV files? Because so far, I put in an MKV of a video that was in 720p, but the Wii was running it very poorly, and even froze up.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I tried watching Initial D, and the audio played but the player itself froze completely. Had to Hard-power down the wii.

EDIT: I should of mentioned, Initial D is .mkv format, that's why I posted haha.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know SMB has been an issue for many but it was not for me. It has worked through all the updates and just stopped working yesterday. I have not changed anything on my computer or the wii. I have a connection from my computer to the wii. But now it says network connection error. I was just curious why it would not work now. I know I have the right settings because they have worked for months. Thanks for any advice.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
musicman61554 said:
I know SMB has been an issue for many but it was not for me. It has worked through all the updates and just stopped working yesterday. I have not changed anything on my computer or the wii. I have a connection from my computer to the wii. But now it says network connection error. I was just curious why it would not work now. I know I have the right settings because they have worked for months. Thanks for any advice.

Its possible the ip address on your computer changed, so you might want to check that. Also check if your wii is connecting to the internet on the homebrew channel, before you start WiiMC.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea my ip is the same. My wii is connected to the internet too before I start WiiMC. This doesn't make any sense. It worked perfectly a couple of days ago. I am clueless.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had your Wii repaired or if it got damaged the modchip could have possibly got removed (DVD chip) and then you won't be able to play DVD's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?