Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

rancor01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sk8tokyo.com
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
The performance of the newest version to play h264 is ok, but mplayer-ce is much faster in playing h264 movies.

.MKV ? h.264.

.MKV is just a container, and can hold any format (XViD, FFMPEG, h.264, etc.) as well as subtitles and alternate audio tracks.

Then new WiiMC plays XVID/FFMPEG .MKVs brilliantly. You can choose alternate audio or subs on/off as well.

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the Youtube feature today and it worked pretty not good. I searched for salt and tried the official salt thetrical 23/7/2010 and it lagged liked hell, couldnt watch, tried salt and pepar video little futher down, it was the same. Also tried to quit while loading another video cause I didnt wanna wait, and it turned black and nothing happened. :/

FullMetalEnginee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a way the Wiimc devs could port over the nunchuck controlled video resizing in MplayerCE?!?

that's the only feature missing compared to MplayerCE!

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GHBAimen said:
Wondering if you can use a different IOS than IOS58? Has trouble playing the video in WiiMC. The video is not sync with the sound. Works better when I have "frame dropping" to Auto, but is a little lag. Works much better with MPlayer CE. Much better. Why I think IOS is why is just a guess. I am using WiiMC 1.0.9 and MPlayer CE r590.

EDIT: MPlayer CE uses cIOS202, IOS60 as the base.
I am experiencing the same downgrade in performance after having updated to WiiMC v1.0.9. The sound quickly goes out of sync on files that played fine on previous IOS202 based versions. I am forced to enable frame dropping which results in very choppy video as frames are dropped. Adjusting the audio delay does not work, as the sync delay seems to vary with the processing load. Even the older MPlayer CE v0.76 plays the video smoother and in sync in comparison to WiiMC v1.0.9. Waiting for a fixed update, till then using a previous IOS202 based version.

GHBAimen, have you tried the WiiMC v1.0.9 Beta posted in the WiiMC forums by Tantric (Second post in the thread linked here)? It did not improve things for me all that much if at all.

-[]D

NewFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still using WiiMC 1.0.6. Seems alot of people are having problems with the updated versions and I dont see any real great new features that make it worth upgrading to. Everything runs smooth on ver. 1.0.6 so I'm stayin with that for now until I hear about an update without alot of problems.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PPSainity said:
GHBAimen, have you tried the WiiMC v1.0.9 Beta posted in the WiiMC forums by Tantric (Second post in the thread linked here)? It did not improve things for me all that much if at all.
After some long term viewing I find the WiiMC v1.0.9 Beta posted by Tantric is an improvement, and it does not prompt for a "update" nag which the other users in my home have uncontrollable impulses to press. The only problem with it is that if this version of WiiMC is loaded via the WiiMC Channel v1.4 the USB hard drive is missing; if WiiMC is started via the HBC however, the USB hard drive is available. Ideally, WiiMC 1.0.6 is the best option right for me, just wish I could hide that update prompt, it's like a big shiny red button, lol.

-[]D

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Tantric or any of the other pros...

I've had 2 memory leaks related to AHBPROT enabled apps and/or forwarder channels. One memory leak even overwrote files to my USB hard drive (thankfully I had most of my stuff backed up!). I was hoping you could help me get to the bottom of it.

Here's a summary of what happened.

1) I made a forwarder channel for WiiXplorer, using the WiiMC forwarder source code and this libogc folder--libogc_DevkitPPC_21_R4256_17-08-10.zip. Then I injected the dol into cwstjstdenobs' AHBPROT enabled base wad (found HERE).
-When launching the forwarder channel off USB, it was able to browse USB folder structure. I went to wiixplorer settings, then returned to browse the usb folder structure to find the USB files had been overwritten with weird folders, due to a memory leak. (I wonder if it was caused by the libogc i used from savegamemanagerGX's google code? Or does the source code for the WiiMC forwarder fail to load other apps properly?)

Here's a snapshot of what my hard drive looked like after the memory leak
96yn1k.png

2) On a different wii, I used an oldstyle forwarder channel without AHBPROT (made by customize mii... these are the ones I've been using for ages and I KNOW are safe) to launch that latest release of fceugx. After playing a game, I went to save state, only to find that again, fceugx was displaying a weird folder structure typical of a memory leak. But, when I plugged the HDD back into my PC, all my files were still there (I think because the forwarder channel didn't have AHBPROT enabled in its TMD, that it was unable to write the memory leak to the HDD but instead only display it... what do u think)?

I wonder how safe it is to use fceugx and other ahbprot apps even if launched from the HBC. This definitely has me scared to even use these apps ATM (i think I am gonna revert to the versions that use IOS202 for the time being). I was hoping you could at least tell me whether it is safe to use the latest versions of your AHBPROT enabled apps as long as they are launched via the HBC (or official forwarder channel)... or even better, can u tell me what caused these memory leaks and how to properly build custom AHBPROT forwarder channels (based on WiiMC source or other) that don't fail epicly? I used categorii, so being able to add/change alternate forwarder paths for my forwarder channels is really important!
biggrin.gif

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PPSainity said:
After some long term viewing I find the WiiMC v1.0.9 Beta posted by Tantric is an improvement, and it does not prompt for a "update" nag which the other users in my home have uncontrollable impulses to press. The only problem with it is that if this version of WiiMC is loaded via the WiiMC Channel v1.4 the USB hard drive is missing; if WiiMC is started via the HBC however, the USB hard drive is available. Ideally, WiiMC 1.0.6 is the best option right for me, just wish I could hide that update prompt, it's like a big shiny red button, lol.
I see that the link to the Beta Tantic posted no longer works. So I uploaded a re-package of it to MediaFire if anyone wants to try it out. USE AT OWN RISK!
http://www.mediafire.com/?sv40hz5kkwj5bm4

-[]D

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
PPSainity said:

-[]D

Block http://wiimc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/update.xml in your router settings and it won't prompt to update.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I gave up on trying to get WiiMC detecting my HDD drive. I tried EVERYTHING. Channels.. ios58 re-installers.. older WiiMC versions... and so far NO LUCK.

I`m sticking with MPLAYERCE, awesome piece of software, through IOS202.

WiiMC may be prettier but... a lot buggier..

Anyway, good job coders =) don´t give up!

psychorvs

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Coto said:
I gave up on trying to get WiiMC detecting my HDD drive. I tried EVERYTHING. Channels.. ios58 re-installers.. older WiiMC versions... and so far NO LUCK.

I`m sticking with MPLAYERCE, awesome piece of software, through IOS202.

WiiMC may be prettier but... a lot buggier..

Anyway, good job coders =) don´t give up!

I installed the latest Hermes (202, 222, 223, 224) and it'll detect my USB hard drive through any loading method.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heads up someone posted haveing issues loading the usb drive with the new 1.0.9 i had the same issue till i removed the from the meta.xml odd i know but works.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
To people having USB issues with HBC 1.09 and WiiMC...
Make sure HBC is actually using IOS58 (hit HOME button and look in the corner to see what IOS it uses)
If not, you must first install IOS58 (if it isn't already installed) THEN install HBC.

If is not used, I think Tantric's apps will automatically try to reload IOS58 on startup but you will lose DVD support.

Xflak said:
I wonder how safe it is to use fceugx and other ahbprot apps even if launched from the HBC. This definitely has me scared to even use these apps ATM (i think I am gonna revert to the versions that use IOS202 for the time being). I was hoping you could at least tell me whether it is safe to use the latest versions of your AHBPROT enabled apps as long as they are launched via the HBC (or official forwarder channel)... or even better, can u tell me what caused these memory leaks and how to properly build custom AHBPROT forwarder channels (based on WiiMC source or other) that don't fail epicly? I used categorii, so being able to add/change alternate forwarder paths for my forwarder channels is really important! biggrin.gif

This is not a memory leak, this is a corrupted USB file system. It happened either because you compiled the forwarder with an outdated libogc (you need to use the last one from SVN), modified the original source and introcuced a bug or you used a bugged version of Wiixplorer. Afaik, forwarder code can load any dol, providing the filename is the same. Only other issue I could think of is that the forwarder channel you are using is running a modified IOS that is not compatible with libogc USB driver (did you also modified the TMD to make it use IOS58 ?)

About FCEUGX issues, it's probably related to the fact that your device was corrupted by the previous moves you did, the fact it displayed fine on a computer does not mean much, FAT file structure is a strange beast with a lot of hidden stuff. It probably could have happened with any other emulators.

Finally, AHBPROT have NOTHING to do with USB access, it's actually ONLY used to enable low-level DVD access from libogc, you can perfectly write to USB or have USB2 speed without AHBPROT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh