shadyboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
KamuiX said:
I hope that in the final release they will add freeloader's "apploader.bin" inside the firmware so that we will have the best region free method right from the hardware
smile.gif

Of course I don't even know if it's possible but it's a good idea
smile.gif
oh man that would have been so cool.... ^^ *dreaming of a wiikey that load all region games*
tongue.gif

perimbean

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for sharing information and letting us know that wiikey is still ALIVE and kicking!

Kudos! Can't wait for the next fw update for wiikey.
smile.gif
*excited*

rolleyes.gif

mekaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update.
I hope they add the dump feature in to this release.
Sometimes it can be very useful :-)

greencar

Trophies
XP
Country
no one seem to be greatfully what the wiikey team are doing atm, everyone just want & want more

It is a GREAT day to know the Wiikey team is alive and working very hard to sort things out.

for the price I paid for the Wiikey, it is great value !!
I have no problem atm with the wiikey, let me play every game so far.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Wiikey team !!!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
We want Built-In Action Replay!!
ohmy.gif
(oh, wait, that's the video-changer, right? or it isn't it?)

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
greencar said:
no one seem to be greatfully what the wiikey team are doing atm, everyone just want & want more

It is a GREAT day to know the Wiikey team is alive and working very hard to sort things out.

for the price I paid for the Wiikey, it is great value !!
I have no problem atm with the wiikey, let me play every game so far.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Wiikey team !!!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Ehm
dry.gif
,Ok It's nice that they are back but it's their "responsibility" to be there and support their product.
You can not be with their side even when they forgot us for so many months without any news not even a website!

Legah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
please STOP ranting about the wiikey team for now or do it in another thread! I have my opinions about them aswell but every freaking thread about wiikey seems to get flooded about if they're god or the devil.

I'm looking forward to this update and I truly hope I can set the dvd read speed to x6 with the new bios+config disc. And the dev mode etc sounds interesting, let's hope it's something really good!
smile.gif

timo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiids.nl
XP
Country
Belgium
So, I'm probably getting a WiiKey. Can I play Gamecube back-ups on it? And more importantly: import back-ups? like, if I have a PAL modded Wii, can I play a back-up of an American/Japanese back-up?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
greencar said:
Yes, because that's our right as their customers...
Some people indeed seem to have the misconception that companies are doing us a "favor" by selling us their products
wacko.gif

It's not like they have that much of a choice...of course, they could stop supporting the Wiikey anytime, but who wants to buy a chip from "that team that dropped support for the Wiikey"?
So what will they do? Keep supporting the Wiikey or scare away future customers?
Customer service is merely a marketing trick...

timo said:
So, I'm probably getting a WiiKey. Can I play Gamecube back-ups on it?
Yes. In order to play NTSC Cube games, you'll have to launch it with GCOS, though (no big deal, especially now that most relevant games have had their PAL release)

And more importantly: import back-ups? like, if I have a PAL modded Wii, can I play a back-up of an American/Japanese back-up?
Well, yes, for now...
Thanks to the Trucha signing bug, 100% import compability is possible, but Nintendo already fixed that bug, so it won't be possible after the next firmware update anymore...there's no way to tell if there will be workarounds to play future games (Mario Kart, specifically) without having to disable the trucha bug and thus not being able to play all import backups anymore...
But seriously, this is probably the last update we'll see from the Wiikey team, there are more future-proof and cheaper chips around (YAOSM, Wasabi...)...it's not like the Wiikey team is 'alive and kicking', they've just raised from their grave to accomplish their last task
rofl2.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As someone mentioned earlier, there is a complete lack-of the wii disc dumper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they announce when DSBX came out that they'd release a dumper capable of dual-layers? And now they drop the dumping completely? OzModChips, since you seem to have a established connection with the Wiikey team, I'm sorry, but would it be too much to give them a ring and ask them what they've done regarding this?

mitchondria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for posting so we all know that you guys are still around..

but i dont see any benefits really in this update... ive got a wiikey and its working perfectly fine, even have brawl, and galaxy, and not a single issue....

so what does this update do exactly?

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mitchondria said:
thanks for posting so we all know that you guys are still around..

but i dont see any benefits really in this update... ive got a wiikey and its working perfectly fine, even have brawl, and galaxy, and not a single issue....

so what does this update do exactly?

probably fixes the fact that retail brawl does not work with a wiikey. that is likely all it does.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
This whole thing about SSBB orginals not working on the Wiikey seems to be a storm in a tea cup (use a blooming backup!). The Wiikey has done everything i needed it, for £15 i got more than my money's worth... and though i don't want to get too excited about the Dev mode they're working on if it does lead to easier homebrew then it will be the hands down best chip out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all