Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hiya all
wink.gif

just a little question please , must i use filechop to set the size of the wiikey update to gamecube dvd size ,

or can i just burn the iso of the update with imgburn ?

thanx in advance for your replys
wink.gif

Just burn it as is with IMGburn or clonecd!

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GO WIIKEY!!!

HELLL YES!!! BUT GALAXY IS ONLY 80% Done.

DAMMMMMIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!

T_T O well, I love how they proved us all wrong, definitly going to support them 100% now.

myiamoto128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a Wiikey and wii 3.1U.

After I do the wiikey update and get the homer sound the game still doesn't work. Other games do. Was I not supposed to update to 3.1U?

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I buggered my update as well. Hit the reset button instead of the power button. Is there anything I can do? It still gives me the unauthorized device error, but all my other discs work.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate myself.

I went to turn my Wii off after updating to 1.9g, but i accidentally hit the reset button just before i hit the power button, so it started updating again just before i turned it off, and now my Wiikey's buggered.

The recovery disk doesn't seem to do anything either.

Goddamn it.

Did you bother to read how to use the recovery disk? It won't appear to do anything, but if you follow instructions it will.

Anyway, how is it buggered? What are the symptoms? Before trying the recovery disk again detail your exact problem and it might not be so bad.

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NTSC Wii that was at firmware 3.0U and Wiikey 1.9B
I updated the Wiikey to 1.3 and changed the settings I wanted, then I updated to 1.9G. Both updates went perfect.
I then updated my Wii to 3.1 and all my channels still work fine.

Now I wish I can just play Galaxy but I left my copy over to a friends place, and I have to go to work in 30 minutes
frown.gif

It's really great to see Wiikey put out the update so fast though, I was really expecting them to keep delaying it.

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I hate myself.

I went to turn my Wii off after updating to 1.9g, but i accidentally hit the reset button just before i hit the power button, so it started updating again just before i turned it off, and now my Wiikey's buggered.

Goddamn it.

Did you bother to read how to use the recovery disk? It won't appear to do anything, but if you follow instructions it will.

Anyway, how is it buggered? What are the symptoms? Before trying the recovery disk again detail your exact problem and it might not be so bad.

I've done the same thing, but the readme isn't very clear. Do I turn on the Wii and click on the gamecube icon in the Wii menu, or just leave the Wii at the menu screen? Not quite sure I understand their exact meaning. My flash updated to 100%, then I hit the reset button and it stopped the drive and read the disc firmware again before it was turned off. all my other backups work, but with Mario I get this Error #001 thing. Really strange.

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem i got mario galaxy from a friend it worked fine at his place we updated his wii and everything. then i left with the 1.9G update and mario galaxy we used at his house. When i got home i did the same stuff updated my Wiikey and firmware and i put mario galaxy in my Wii put it doesnt read the disk at all ! what can i do cause im clueless

P.S it also doesnt read metroid prime ntsc anymore wich it used too, but it does read paper mario (i have a EU wii)

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get a wii off ebay which is listed as older than June 2007. So any machine from December 2006 - June 2007 should be able to fit the wiikey.

If the listing doesnt say how old it is, just ask the seller.

Its the easiest way, otherwise you need a D2CKey, which is very hard to install.

are the ones older than june 2007 not the ones that you have to cut into the IC? I don't want to have to grind into the chip, that is pretty crappy.
smile.gif

Kylix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate myself.

Goddamn it.

Yeah, I read the instructions and did everything it said to do, step by step, with no luck.

After I updated the wiikey firmware to 1.9g, I went to turn the Wii off, but pressed reset just before - the message about not turning off the wii while updating came up a split-second before the console shut down.

Now it won't read any of my backups, including update & config disks. I've tried the recovery method several times but it seems to have had no effect. I thought it might have been a problem with the disc, so I've burned the recovery disk 3 times now with different programs and at different speeds, with and without filechop, but my Wii still refuses to read anything that's not an original Wii disc. Hmm.. just seems like I'm running out of options.

Thanks for trying to help though, mate. If you can think of anything that might work or help in any way, it'd be much appreciated - I'm just pissed off at myself at the minute for not being more careful
tongue.gif

Taka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but after the update had completed and it showed the message "reboot galaxy", I pressed the reset button then it rebooted to the Wii menu. It didn't try to update again. All my backups still work Ok, although I haven't tried out Mario Galaxy yet. Should I have turned off the Wii instead, after the update? :S

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
When the update says testing - then SUCCESS. Is that the end of the update? I've never updated my chip before, so I want to make sure I'm not turning it off and skipping something when I shouldn't be.

EDIT:: Nevermind. I can't believe I didn't know to hit the reset button again to flash. I'm an idiot, but an idiot who's playing Galaxy RIGHT NOW!
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1