Hacking Wiikey team responds to SSBB situation

Tapion817

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand why they takes a tid bit of time to update their Wiikey since they do more than one modchip for the Wii. I just don't' understand why people are a bunch of whiny asses that if it doesn't' work in the beginning then they call them dead and piss all over them. Then when they say they are going to update they get all aroused waiting for it to happen. And why do peolel always say they took a week to make an update for SMG? Last time I remember it was like 2 days.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i wanna know is why wiikey is better than other modchips supposedly, or whether others are actually better than wiikey. believe it or not, I still use the hook-up-to-computer-parallel port method, which didnt work for SMG and likely not SSBB! :-D

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's because the LG drive doesn't support DL DVD's.

???

That is incorrect. The LG drive does support DL DVDs. In fact, the LG drive is also a popular model for ripping 360 games which included DVD9.

Is that what the problem is, I thought it was just the software didn't support it. That's weird, I would think it could read dual layer discs... Most, if not all DVD movies are on 8.5GB (DVD9 or DL, whatever you prefer to call it) DVDs, and if some average person was to get a DVD drive, I'd assume they'd want to watch movies on it.

The current software used to rip wii games via the LG drive and PC is not able to rip DVD9. Why? Because before Smash there was no need. THe wiikey team is currently working on a DVD9 ripper.

Jaydo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most people would prefer to just wait a while and have someone else fix their problems rather than wait for a cyclowiz to ship and put in the effort and risk of switching out chips.

EvlChiken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, it is cool that Wiikey team is working on an update. But guess what, this is the second major game that we've had to wait for an update while other people got to play the games right off the bat.

So yeah, you do get to play it eventually, and its not the end of the world if you have to wait....but why would you want to put up with it when you could just as easily click a different chip into your shopping cart online? You get the same functionality as wiikey, just sooner. No downsides as far as I can tell.

If I were buying all over again, I wouldn't pick wiikey a second time.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, it is cool that Wiikey team is working on an update. But guess what, this is the second major game that we've had to wait for an update while other people got to play the games right off the bat.

So yeah, you do get to play it eventually, and its not the end of the world if you have to wait....but WHY would you want to put up with it would you could just as easily click a different chip into your shopping cart online? You get the same functionality as wiikey, just sooner. No downsides as far as I can tell.

If I were buying all over again, I wouldn't pick wiikey again.

You're stupid. Not one of the chips is working with a backup copy of the game, because a backup copy of the game doesn't exist so shut your face immediately.

This is the first time anything like this has ever happened, and just like before Cyclowiz got lucky and the original game boots using their chip. The only reason Cyclowiz had an update for the last problem was because they got lucky and their already-in-progress beta firmware worked.

If I were a chip maker, I'd hope there was a way to brick your Wiikey on your next attempt to update it, because you have no idea what you're talking about and should stay out of console modification completely.

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, it is cool that Wiikey team is working on an update. But guess what, this is the second major game that we've had to wait for an update while other people got to play the games right off the bat.

So yeah, you do get to play it eventually, and its not the end of the world if you have to wait....but WHY would you want to put up with it would you could just as easily click a different chip into your shopping cart online? You get the same functionality as wiikey, just sooner. No downsides as far as I can tell.

You're stupid. Not one of the chips is working with a backup copy of the game, because a backup copy of the game doesn't exist so shut your face immediately.

This is the first time anything like this has ever happened, and just like before Cyclowiz got lucky and the original game boots using their chip. The only reason Cyclowiz had an update for the last problem was because they got lucky and their already-in-progress beta firmware worked.

If I were a chip maker, I'd hope there was a way to brick your Wiikey on your next attempt to update it, because you have no idea what you're talking about and should stay out of console modification completely.

Sounds like someone has a WiiKey
rolleyes.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sounds like someone has a WiiKey
rolleyes.gif

I usually install and use wiifree/yaosm, but I can see how my post seems a little defensive. I was trying actually to be offensive, because I can't stand when retards spew retarded crap like that.

sheikah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You're stupid. Not one of the chips is working with a backup copy of the game, because a backup copy of the game doesn't exist so shut your face immediately.

This is the first time anything like this has ever happened, and just like before Cyclowiz got lucky and the original game boots using their chip. The only reason Cyclowiz had an update for the last problem was because they got lucky and their already-in-progress beta firmware worked.

What a post full with venom. In fairness, I have to agree with the person you called stupid. I am without a doubt convinced that Team Cyclo are more on the ball than the Wiikey team. I have a CycloWiz as well as a CycloDS, and they are brilliant products with excellent support. The fact they were lucky with their SMG fix isn't really luck, since they did after all research and design a great firmware, knowingly designing it to have extra stealth (which in term, I believe was what pulled through for SMG).

Somehow, Wiikey became the most popular. It's probably down to the price tag and hologram (while it was used to discern authenticity, it does seem to have made the chip look like a top-quality product). Now Wiikey owners will have to wait a bit longer before a firmware is released.

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're stupid. Not one of the chips is working with a backup copy of the game, because a backup copy of the game doesn't exist so shut your face immediately.

This is the first time anything like this has ever happened, and just like before Cyclowiz got lucky and the original game boots using their chip. The only reason Cyclowiz had an update for the last problem was because they got lucky and their already-in-progress beta firmware worked.

What a post full with venom. In fairness, I have to agree with the person you called stupid. I am without a doubt convinced that Team Cyclo are more on the ball than the Wiikey team. I have a CycloWiz as well as a CycloDS, and they are brilliant products with excellent support. The fact they were lucky with their SMG fix isn't really luck, since they did after all research and design a great firmware, knowingly designing it to have extra stealth (which in term, I believe was what pulled through for SMG).

Somehow, Wiikey became the most popular. It's probably down to the price tag and hologram (while it was used to discern authenticity, it does seem to have made the chip look like a top-quality product). Now Wiikey owners will have to wait a bit longer before a firmware is released.
Also because the chip was out first, and way easier to find on the web.

I don't get why people argue with SMG that the cyclowiz is better because it came out with an update in a day or two after SMG came out when the wiikey team only took a couple days after. its not that big of a wait to go out and say that one is better than the other because of this. And with SSMB, people aren't even effected by this yet because its not ripped to the net so nobody can play it.

whatsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

What a bastard. Some guy makes a (quite reasonable) point that he disagrees with, and out comes a stream of personal attacks. How can someone be that loyal to a drivechip? (Unless it's a troll, in which case, you got me.)

MrDo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone who expects any chip to work 100% on every release including future releases, is misinformed.

Some teams are faster than others... I dont see the big deal. As long as there is still support for the chip I buy I am happy... If I have to wait an extra day or two.. I will..

Besides i wouldnt be getting this game untill mar, so being patient is really the only thing anyone can do right now...

There is also the fact there is no dump out yet anyways... So who cares.

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What a bastard. Some guy makes a (quite reasonable) point that he disagrees with, and out comes a stream of personal attacks. How can someone be that loyal to a drivechip? (Unless it's a troll, in which case, you got me.)

I agree totally... First of all, the fact that people bitch is remarkable, considering the fact that people get chips to circumvent protection, steal games, not pay for games. So for people to bitch because they can't play a game on that O-day, is retarded. And for someone to be offensive as the poster calling people stupid, over a damn chip.... Is making them more retarded than anyone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.