Hardware [WiiKey, PAL Wii] getting config 1.3 disc to work?

razor101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone.

I've now been searching and lurking this forum for answers and help the past 4 days. Now I decided to post here for help!

To my problem.

Since WiiKey firmware v1.9b (now updated to 1.9g) I have not been able to use the config 1.3 disc. It shows up on the disc menu on my wii with the gamecube logo. When I start it, it tells me to eject the disc and turn off the power. How come?

I'm using ImgBurn and DVD-R. Since I've now spent over 10 DVD's trying to resolve the problem with both the wiikey updates and this config disc I'm fed up and need answers!!
smile.gif

What I've tried.

- Tried burning the config 1.3 ISO (pal) as it was, with NO padding or what so ever.
- Tried padding the ISO to a filesize of 1459978240 (because I read somewhere that ImgBurn doesn't alter anything when it burns images).
- Desperately searched for a guide of some sort on how to make a GCOS boot disc, so I could run the config disc through that. I found 'GCOS_DVD9_FINAL_VER' and 'Make-multi-srcv3'. But found a premade ISO on GBAtemp's download section which apparantly worked out, but I cannot navigate in the GCOS. I don't have a gamecube controller and thought the 'reset' button was enough - but it actually RESETS the console
tongue.gif

So what the heck am I to do??!!

Another thing I tried was to see if I could run SMG (NTSC) with the help of RegionFrii and WiiBrickBlocker.
It turns out I was able to run NTSC games when patching it with RegionFrii. I tried the Metroid prime 3 method: burning an ISO patched with RegionFrii, letting the update run to about 10-15-20% and pulling out the power to the Wii. Then burning an ISO patched with WiiBrickBlocker, but it didn't even show up on the Disc Menu....... I thought it might be because WiiKey wasn't configured to run NTSC-games (because the Regionoverride wasn't enabled), so I burned another one where I first patched it with RegionFrii and then BrickBlocking it. It chucked the disc in the drive and it seemed to work out, but when I started up the game I got a message saying : "Error #001:Unautherized device detected."

Can anyone help me, because so far I haven't semi-bricked my console or made duplicated channels and certainly don't want it either!
smile.gif

razor101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BUMP. Please!
blink.gif

Let me put it this way:

How do you make a GCOS boot disc so that I can run WiiKey config disc through it... A guide if possible
smile.gif

How should I (by the book?) burn the config disc?

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres a quote form another forum:

Installing a WiiKey Clone post-3.0-update will give you a useless Wii. No backups will play, no Originals will play, Setup 1.2, 1.1, 1.0, GCOS, Reppa work around, kkwarez work around can show up as a GameCube disc, but will not be read. Wii blocked headers (3.0 update) / WiiKey Clone is looking for its config disc.

The Solution :

Download config 1.2: http://www.wiikey.cn/dl/config.1.2.rar
Extract all,
run 'BootableDisc_.bat'
burn the resulting iso (region is either JAP, PAL, or US).

Download GCOS: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/images/3/35/...ulti-srcv3.rar
Extract all,
copy your 1.2 iso from above into same folder,
Create New>Text Document,
type 'make-multiv3.exe gcosv3wiikey1.2.iso bootdisc.us/pal/jap.iso'
NOTE: is 'USA' for NTSC-U, not 'us' as it would be in bootdisc.us.iso. must be one of USA, JAP, or PAL (in uppercase).
save this file as make.bat (by clicking save as and then typing make.bat, saving as type all files)
run make.bat (takes 5-10 mins to create your gcosv3wiikey1.2.iso ISO)

Download HexD: http://mh-nexus.de/downloads.php?product=HxD (comes in German or English) or really you can download any Hex Editor.
Extract Files, Open HexD, Select File>Open and find gcosv3wiikey1.2.iso, which was the resulting ISO from your make.bat.
Now find the first line, first column (0,000000000) and change it to 50. You will now see PGCOSDVD........ as your first line, instead of GCOSDVD.
BURN THIS ISO. Load in your Wii. Once you load the disc (like any other game), Select 'Boot DVD' from the GCOS menu. Eject the disc or just Hit A since you already have the Config 1.2 in there. Put in the Config 1.2 DVD. Configure. Reboot.
OMG YOU HAVE A WORKING WIIKEY CLONE!

Note: This is how you make a GCOS disc (minus the HexD part).
Note: This has been confirmed to work on PAL and NTSC-U systems with the 3.0 firmware. This is for non-configured WiiKey clones, so if your WiiKey Original works, go find a different thread you sucker who paid too much.
Note: -ixtab- deserves the credit, I just put together this shoddy guide. He didn't bother creating his own GCOS, he used kkwarez. Any GCOS (i.e. WiiUI, Reppa fix, KKWarez fix) will all work if you Hex edit to 50.

Dont know if itn helps.

razor101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot man!

QUOTE said:
Here's how you can run the v1.3 config disc WITHOUT the need for a NGC controller (ie. using the reset button).

1. Download the v1.2 config disc from WiiKey.cn
 2. Extract this 'rar' somewhere (eg. C:\Config)
 3. Download http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/Wii/WiiKey/bootdisk.zip
 4. Extract this zip to the 'bootdisc' directory - over-writing the existing files.
 5. Execute the BootableDisc_PAL (or USA or JAP) batch file to create your .iso file
 6. Burn this and insert in to Wii
 7. Once the disc boots you will see an error asking for the original WiiKey base disc. Insert your v1.3 config disc and 'tap' the reset button
 8. Navigate to the 'Region override' bit using the reset button and turn 'Region override' to ON.
 9. Save the settings and reboot your Wii (leave the 1.3 config disc in).
 10. Now your 1.3 config disc will run and you can use 'reset' like you could before - until you turn off 'Region override'

HTH

razor101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another workaround:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/432807-post115.html

QUOTE said:
I finally managed to get 1.3 config booting on my PAL 3.0E wii.

How...(this is 12 hours later so its from memory).

1. Download 1.3 config from wiikey site.

2. Create your image with the PAL batch file.

3. Burn the image to DVD-R.

4. Hex edit the ISO (on harddrive) with HxDen (or other hexeditor)

as per this http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/wi...pg?d=1186782217

5. Save the edited ISO and burn it to DVD-R

6. Boot with the hexedited 1.3 disk.

7. You will see a screen asking for the correct 1.3 disk.

8. Swap for untouched 1.3 disk and press reset button.

9. Once 1.3 has loaded set the region override to "ON"

10. Save the settings and reboot the Wii.

11. 1.3 untouched will now boot.

Failing this if you have a copy of 1.2b from http://btmg.freehostia.com/upload/config1.2b.zip

Load this and see if you can set region override to "ON".

Then try the untouched 1.3 disk.

Vapo

update....

The settings reported on booting the 1.3 disk are :-

Region override = OFF
Audio Fix = ON
Speed = x6
GC Region Free = ON

However, now the official 1.3 PAL config wont boot again.....

Boot with the mod 1.3 then official 1.3 then set the chip to ON, ON, x6, ON, save settings and reboot.

The 1.3 PAL disk works again. Confused.

Update.....

The 1.2b image CAN be used to get the 1.3 official disk booting.

You need to set Region override to "ON" before the 1.3 disk will boot.

When you boot the official 1.3 the default setting is Region override "OFF". If you save this this "OFF" then 1.3 will stop booting again and you will need to use 1.2b to set it back to "ON". Does that make sense ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup