Hardware Wiikey not playing GC backups.

zeph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wiikey and I have been getting along just fine for a few days now. I went out and bought a classic remote because I plan to get a few VC games, but I notice that all of my GC backups don't play well with it. I put the disc in, Gamecube shows up in the disc channel, then when I start the game, the screen turns black for a few seconds, then blue.

I've tried to figure out the problem on my own, but now I'm posting for help, so any would be appreciated.
Thanks.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is the gamecube controller you got official? If not that could be your problem. Quite a few peeps have been experiencing probs with 3rd party controllers
biggrin.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I went out and bought a classic remote because I plan to get a few VC games, but I notice that all of my GC backups don't play well with it. I put the disc in, Gamecube shows up in the disc channel, then when I start the game, the screen turns black for a few seconds, then blue.
Umm the VC controller's not for gamecube games. But you said the screen goes black and blue so I don't see how the controller stuff's related.

zeph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, it's the Nintendo-made Wii classic controller.

Heran: yea, I know it's not. I don't really know why I wrote it like that, I guess I wasn't thinking straight. Thanks for the correction.
The controller doesn't really have anything to do with it, now that I think about it. Nor does anything related to VC. Kinda feeling dumb right now, but that's life.

So, anyway, I'm using NTSC backups. My console's NTSC. I haven't attempted to use any PAL backups yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.