Wiikey not playing GC backups.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by zeph, May 14, 2007.

May 14, 2007

Wiikey not playing GC backups. by zeph at 12:06 AM (878 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. zeph
    OP

Newcomer zeph Member

United States
    My Wiikey and I have been getting along just fine for a few days now. I went out and bought a classic remote because I plan to get a few VC games, but I notice that all of my GC backups don't play well with it. I put the disc in, Gamecube shows up in the disc channel, then when I start the game, the screen turns black for a few seconds, then blue.

I've tried to figure out the problem on my own, but now I'm posting for help, so any would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. squirt1000

Banned squirt1000 Would rather have a cup of Tea!

United Kingdom
    Is the gamecube controller you got official? If not that could be your problem. Quite a few peeps have been experiencing probs with 3rd party controllers [​IMG]

3. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Umm the VC controller's not for gamecube games. But you said the screen goes black and blue so I don't see how the controller stuff's related.

4. KKajun

Newcomer KKajun Advanced Member

Canada
    This happens to me if I attempt to load a PAL backup...all NTSC work fine.

5. zeph
    OP

Newcomer zeph Member

United States
    Yea, it's the Nintendo-made Wii classic controller.

Heran: yea, I know it's not. I don't really know why I wrote it like that, I guess I wasn't thinking straight. Thanks for the correction.
    The controller doesn't really have anything to do with it, now that I think about it. Nor does anything related to VC. Kinda feeling dumb right now, but that's life.

So, anyway, I'm using NTSC backups. My console's NTSC. I haven't attempted to use any PAL backups yet.