Hacking WiiKey block system update

oscgee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed a Wiikey, and I was going to test out spiderman web of shadows but it shows up saying I have to install a system update before I can play the game. The problem is that it's a PAL game and I have an NTSC system so I obviously don't want to brick it. I have the option for "BLOCK DVD SYSTEM UPDATE" turned on in the wiikey config but it seems it doesn't do anything... why doesn't it work? and is there any other way to skip the update?

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oscgee said:
I just installed a Wiikey, and I was going to test out spiderman web of shadows but it shows up saying I have to install a system update before I can play the game. The problem is that it's a PAL game and I have an NTSC system so I obviously don't want to brick it. I have the option for "BLOCK DVD SYSTEM UPDATE" turned on in the wiikey config but it seems it doesn't do anything... why doesn't it work? and is there any other way to skip the update?
no, or wii update remover app

oscgee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I'll try that but does anyone know why the "block system update" wont work? I enable it but then after I try the game and go back to the cofigure disc it says that it's turned off again. I don't get it

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
may sound stupid but did you save the config on the wiikey? also i think i read somewhere you have to turn devmode on for the block updates to work

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
after you save, and then go back in the config, the options visually go back to the default, but it is still running the config you saved

deadrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oscgee said:

Boot through GeckoOS (homebrew) and it'll skip the update.

oscgee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i did make sure it was saved:) I will try the dev mode thing though I wasn't really sure what that was for

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
if that dont work, use dead rabbits answer

next time get the ntsc one, it was out before the pal one i believe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system