aichemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello

I haven't update the firmware before, and I thought I'll just put in the 1.9s update disc since i have 3.1J already. I wanted to play mario kart. Anyways, when I put the disc in, it loads, and it says "press A to test or press reset or something", than the controllers shuts off. Anyone know if I burned it wrong or am i doing something wrong ?

I burned it with nero and alcohol on 4x on hp dvd-r. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Someone enlighten me

thx

aichemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just an update,

I just had to press the reset to do the update, and it worked.
I have a jap wii. Anyways, than I put in the config disc, and it loaded on the screen right.
Everytime when I ran the disc, my wii control shuts down ? Do i need a gamecube control to do the setting ?
cause my wii controls doesn't have the blue icon anymore, and I don't seem to be able to connect it back ? I try to manually connect them =(

Am I doing something wrong ?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
The update disc runs on Gamecube mode, that's why the wiimote turns itself off.
You just need the reset button -if you dont have a GC controller-, after the update is done just reset the wii.

aichemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yep, i i'm gonna get a gamecube control tonight from a friend. Anyways, I was reading the wiki region patcher comptability list, mario kart needs wbb and wiiscrubbed ? Where do I go to download Wiiscrubbed ? Thank you everyon. This is like a newbie section =(

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aichemist said:
yep, i i'm gonna get a gamecube control tonight from a friend. Anyways, I was reading the wiki region patcher comptability list, mario kart needs wbb and wiiscrubbed ? Where do I go to download Wiiscrubbed ? Thank you everyon. This is like a newbie section =(
no, that is jus tthe setup they used to test it. scrub means you remove excess info of an iso so it can be downloaded quicker. it is NEVER necessary

aichemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh..

So you telling me that on the compatibility list for NTSC-J, under mario kart, it says 3.1J + 1.9S WBB and wiiscrubbed, so I would just need to use 3.1J and WBB and I will probalby be able to play mario kart USA. Is this the understanding =P ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??