tnx again

warlord

lucifer69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get this to work maybe it's my tv.... I'm trying to get the PAL version of Koroporina to boot. I patched it to NTSC using WIIFRII using both options. With these options the disk will boot but with an image that is constantly flashing and moving up and down the screen. I also tried manually doing this using Trucha with the same results. Is it not possible to patch some games to work on a tv that will only output NTSC? Is there some other trick I can use to make this work?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ganons said:
so theres no way of playing nmh pal > ntsc without update rendering it useless?
you mean the ntsc copy on a pal system? sure there is! use the patcher to remove the channel updates, or if you have a wiikey use the new feature to block updates! (don't forget to wiifrii or vmc it also)
trucha etc has not been blocked (yet) that was misinformation

Jebs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried to convert bomberman land pal to ntsc-j. Chose recommended video mode. It loads but flickering, will need to test out changing video modes.

Only other game I can't get working so far is for warioware pal. Everything else has worked fine with this program.
smile.gif

sethie

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have a Jap Wii 3.1J, 1.9g. I've used Wiifrii 2.3 on Big Brain Academy NTSC-U to change the region to NTSC-J, didn't changed the language, WBB it and burned the iso at 4x with Imgburn. Black screen appeared when i started the game. What did i do wrong?

MarcoZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For who doesn't find the key.bin, you won't find the file itself, but if you google "newborn key.bin" you'll find a post with a bunch of HEX codes, make a key.bin with notepad and then stick that hex in it.

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! I haven't tried the WiiFrii 2.3 yet since im waiting for the dvds.. Got a question.. I have a wii-jap console and Dewy's adventure USA, Ive read in the previous posts that it works. My question is which option should i choose to patch the region? Since there's is no step to not change the region. (is it on 2.3? havent tried it yet)

sethie said:
I have a Jap Wii 3.1J, 1.9g. I've used Wiifrii 2.3 on Big Brain Academy NTSC-U to change the region to NTSC-J, didn't changed the language, WBB it and burned the iso at 4x with Imgburn. Black screen appeared when i started the game. What did i do wrong?

I wanna know about this ^^ too..

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i'm using wiifrii 2.3b to try modifying NTSC U/C Big Brain Academy. after choosing option d to patch NTSC U to NTSC J, my pc hangs when it displays reading main.dol from partition 1. what is wrong? can someone tell me how to alter the BBA iso? thanks.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i didnt get what wiifrii was even though it's been mentioned a few times here and there. fortunately it was easy to find out from the readme included in the download ;P

wiifrii will patch the game's
-region (ntsc, ntsc-j, pal)
-video mode (smart(auto) or brute(manual) mode)
-language

reminder changing the region is most successful while video is less and language is even less successful as those are new and in early testing

here's waninkoko's full readme in a nifty spoiler box ;P or simply d/l and try out his patcher !
WiiFrii - Wii Region Free
================================

How to use:

1. Drag the game ISO onto the executable.
2. Select a patching mode (NTSC(U/J) to PAL, PAL to NTSC-U or PAL to NTSC-J).
3. Select a video mode patching (Smart patcher (recommended) or Brute patcher).
3.1. If using "Brute patcher", select wanted video mode.
4. If you are prompted to select a language, then you can force the game to use it.
5. Burn ISO.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This application needs the "common-key" ("common-key", "key.bin" or "ckey.bin") in the
same directory as the executable.

---------------------------------

Como usarlo:

1. Arrastra la ISO del juego al ejecutable.
2. Selecciona un modo de parcheo (NTSC(U/J) a PAL, PAL a NTSC-U o PAL a NTSC-J).
3. Selecciona un modo de parcheo de video.
3.1. En el caso de usar el "Brute patcher", selecciona el modo de video deseado.
4. Si la aplicacion te da a elegir idioma, entonces puedes forzar al juego para que lo utilice.
5. Graba la ISO.

NOTA IMPORTANTE:

Esta aplicacion necesita la "common-key" ("common-key", "key.bin" o "ckey.bin") en el
mismo directorio en el que se encuentra el ejecutable.

============================================
Kudos to matsuken, ReturnerS, xt5 and marcan
============================================

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can I use Wiifrii 2.3b to get Naruto EX2 JPN work on my Pal Wii ?
And generally, using this tool, will EVERY USA and JPN Wii game work on Pal ?
Is there a compatibility list somewhere ?

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
waninkoko, can you add the 001 error patch to this program so we can use the Mario Kart iso on it please ?? MK doesnt open in Trucha because its 3 partitions

Jeremytus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Waninkoko, just another person adding their thanks to the long list that's heading your way. With this I can finally get a copy of No More Heroes NTSC, make an ISO, and patch it with this awesome program.

I salute you, good sir - now I can enjoy the gore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it