Hacking Wiiflow wont launch games

Aussielad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I recently installed the homebrew channel without any issues. Then I followed a guide to getting wiiflow working. This guide that is posted in one of the stickies.

http://wiiuhax.com/wiiuhax-com-tuto...king-on-the-wii-u-step-by-step-noob-friendly/

When I launch wiiflow, I can see the games (no covers), and an animation of the game shows in the right hand corner. But when I launch the game, I get a black screen and the controller turns off, before returning to the Wii menu. I am using an external drive, with a Y cable usb splitter, and a primary partition.

What I want to know is, is there anyway of telling what it was I did wrong? ANd whether I should repeat the whole process from scratch, or just repeat part of it (if so, from what point). Just worried that doing so will brick the vWii.

If its not safe, I guess I will just ditch the idea of playing backups and upgrade to 5.5 while my Wii discs still work in the wii U.

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated

Last edited by Aussielad,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
first off wiiu fw has nothing to do with vwii even the latest fw on wiiu mode doesnt touch vwii at all. think vwii is diferent from wiiu mode they are barely linked so whatever you choose to do in wiiu mode it wont affect vwiii.

Try using usbloader gx, also the usb cables for the drive need to be in the back of the console not the front ports.

Reactions: Aussielad

Aussielad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that. I retried using usb loader and it worked. Many thanks. Now I just need to figure out what I need to do to be able to install game updates (want to be able to play new super Mario bros U with a pro controller).

Much appreciated

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for that. I retried using usb loader and it worked. Many thanks. Now I just need to figure out what I need to do to be able to install game updates (want to be able to play new super Mario bros U with a pro controller).

Much appreciated
usbloader has nothing to do with wiiu games for that you need to check the wup installer wich only works on 5.3.2 and 5.4.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM