Hacking Wiiflow not loading partition and/or games

Skeagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, its a 2017 video but is providing prehistoric info.

wbfs manager? its known to corrupt drives
cios236? it is not needed anymore
cios r20b? it is more than 8 years old and latest stable is d2x (aka r21) rev8/9 or beta 52/53 for vWii.
usbloadergx without rev info on boot screen? very outdated.

you are on a Wii right?, so bottom port is actually port 0 (reverse of vWii), so you were using the wrong port all along...

I noticed from the start of the video and was very well aware that it was outdated. I knew that I would probably end up having to update a few stuff and make corrections, but hey, atleast it worked. I later had formatted back to FAT32 anyway because I wanted to use Nintendont as well.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I noticed from the start of the video and was very well aware that it was outdated. I knew that I would probably end up having to update a few stuff and make corrections, but hey, atleast it worked. I later had formatted back to FAT32 anyway because I wanted to use Nintendont as well.

You fixed your problem probably by moving to the correct port 0, nothing to do with the video.
I know you wanted to help others but linking to outdated video may cause more problems than helps.

Reactions: Cyan

Skeagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always tried both ports if I made a change. (I said something similar in earlier posts) so something, although I'm not sure what, in that video helped. As for the video, you're probably right, I'll go ahead and edit the other post.

Last edited by Skeagle,

joemacc23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always tried both ports if I made a change. (I said something similar in earlier posts) so something, although I'm not sure what, in that video helped. As for the video, you're probably right, I'll go ahead and edit the other post.

I read this entire thread because I was in the same position you were. When I used USB Loader GX, credits tells me it's, Ver. 30 Rev 1268 IOS249 (Rev65535) + AHB (d2x v10beta52 base 56), I got an error that says "Failed to Initialize" and WiiFlow wasn't finding any games on my Fat32 formatted USB flash drive. I switched flash drives from something that was 60gb (got from wish app so probably some cheap peice of crap) to another cheap peice of crap with english words on it, 8 gb flash drive and it worked but I had to make sure the USB flash drive was in the outlet closest to the exterior of the machine or though I could see the game I couldn't apply the library photo or play the game. What a headache that turned out to be. Now to purchase an older wii mote and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Reactions: Skeagle

joemacc23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read this entire thread because I was in the same position you were. When I used USB Loader GX, credits tells me it's, Ver. 30 Rev 1268 IOS249 (Rev65535) + AHB (d2x v10beta52 base 56), I got an error that says "Failed to Initialize" and WiiFlow wasn't finding any games on my Fat32 formatted USB flash drive. I switched flash drives from something that was 60gb (got from wish app so probably some cheap peice of crap) to another cheap peice of crap with english words on it, 8 gb flash drive and it worked but I had to make sure the USB flash drive was in the outlet closest to the exterior of the machine or though I could see the game I couldn't apply the library photo or play the game. What a headache that turned out to be. Now to purchase an older wii mote and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Could someone please help me with getting Gamecube games to work via homebrew applications. I've tried using Devolution and I get "Press X to mount USB drive, Y to mount SD card or B to exit. When I press X or Y, on my brand new wii/gamecube controller (that works fine), I get Disc ID:00000000 Press START to exit. I have GCBoot but apparently I need a patched MIOS. start.dol loaded from the front SD slot (I'm just exhausted from digging for shit to get everything to work). Finally I have NeoGamma that says I need a cIOS for the application to function, pretty sure I have one of those or my wii games wouldn't be working on USBLoader GX..? Anyway, I get to the menu and I Press A to mount WBFS, loading games from usb, and it says no wbfs partition found. I'm running an old seagate external hd formatted to fat32 with wii games on it that work perfect. I've recently tread that gamecube files need to be ISO for them to work and all of mine are .gmc, also heard you can just rename the extension to iso but that didn't work for me either.

I'm running on lack of sleep bc of this mess, PLEASE help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.