WiiFlow Lite

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fledge68, Apr 11, 2016.

1. fledge68
    OP

fledge68 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    great another issue. seems compiling with the latest devkitpro and libogc wasn't such a great idea. ok ill look into this when i find time.

2. fledge68
    OP

fledge68 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
  3. jasonmbrown

jasonmbrown Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    Canada
    Il give it a try in an hour or so. I just got the Old WiiFlow Stuff working. Still Gotta Update to WiiFlow Lite from ABZ MasterMod pack. Along With all the plugins and other stuff.

Btw Does anyone have a list of Plugins that work with WiiFlow Lite? Or should it all be compatible. (Also a list of plugins would be nice Since I got no idea what I should be looking to update)

Last edited by jasonmbrown, May 15, 2018 at 2:33 AM
    kaisersozeh likes this.
  4. kaisersozeh

kaisersozeh GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2018
    Antarctica
    Phobos
    Mate, you're not going to get a better answer than that...the second response i offerred, the second one i wasted my life going back and editing with the most pertinent and up to date information.
    I'd like to think you just didn't see it the first time, so here it is again.
    You're welcome.
    You can find the like button right here▼

Last edited by kaisersozeh, May 15, 2018 at 3:50 AM
    rogerioronin likes this.
  5. jasonmbrown

jasonmbrown Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    Canada
    I saw It, and thanks. But as far as I can tell its not running Wiiflow Lite, hence its outdated. Or so I assume, I havent really been keeping tabs on the wii scene since Neogamma. Essentially just trying to update all my stuff. I do Appreciate the Link though Since I couldn't find It anywhere till you posted.

Is ABZ's pack Compatible with Wiiflow Lite though? (All the plugins and themes and stuff?)

Edit: Oh The part about the Plugins not really having a list, Ya I missed that... Twice now Lolol. My bad.

Fledge68 About to Test the wiiflow version you posted above related to cover downloads, will post results in about 15-20.

@fledge68 Tested the Dol, It crashes for me immediately upon attempting to grab the covers (I think its at the Network Initialize State)

Last edited by jasonmbrown, May 15, 2018 at 5:50 AM
    kaisersozeh likes this.
  6. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    All plugins from Abz's pack are working in Wiiflow Lite. Just copy the content of the plugins folder
    Each plugin consists in a .dol and a.ini file. Open the corresponding ini file and set the right paths for romdir=, dolfile=, coverfolder=
    Important:
    - romdir path is relative to the root of your device
    - dolfile path is relative to /wiiflow/plugins/ so you can just put the dol name. Retroarch plugins are in /wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii/, so you can put dolfile=retroarch-wii/(plugin name).dol.
    - coverfolder path is relative to /wiiflow/boxcovers/ e.g. if you have your snes covers in /wiiflow/boxcovers/snes/ you should put coverfolder=snes

Take note of the numbers after magic= they identify the plugin to use in your source_menu.ini
    Next, edit the source_menu.ini in dev:/wiiflow/source_menu/ and add those numbers to the corresponding button like this
    @fledge68: cover download crashes for me too with the new dol

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, May 15, 2018 at 10:57 AM
    jasonmbrown and kaisersozeh like this.
  7. fledge68
    OP

fledge68 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    So at least not enough memory error is gone right?

8. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    First time I tried it said network not initialized, tried a second time and it said out of memory error, then it crashed to system menu

fledge68 likes this.
  9. jasonmbrown

jasonmbrown Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    Canada
    Tetsuo Was that with the 2nd one Fledge68 posted? Because It still insta crashes me when I try to dl covers. Although Maybe I did Something wrong in testing it. Been busy trying to setup neek2o. Good luck Fledge68 on the updates/fixes, Il probably stick with the wiiflow from abz pack at least for the time being. If you want me to test Cover Downloads again later let me know.

And Thanks for all the useful info :)

PS: Yeh lol, No more error message, just straight to the crash :)

Last edited by jasonmbrown, May 15, 2018 at 11:40 AM
  10. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Yes it's with the second dol fledge posted. I've entered game settings and chose to download missing covers

11. fwannmacher

fwannmacher Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2016
    Brazil
    I was trying to make Wiiflow access my HDD through a HUB and it seems to not work because the code only supports 2 USB ports. So, I've made some changes to work around that and here is the diff:
    As I'm a new user, the pastebin is rRfQSqnh

12. jasonmbrown

jasonmbrown Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    Canada
    Whats the most recent Stable version of WiiFlow Lite? Before the update to the new Libs, which seem to be causing some issues.

Last edited by jasonmbrown, May 16, 2018 at 8:31 PM
  13. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    jasonmbrown likes this.
  14. Spearoid

Spearoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    so this last comment may answer my question because I installed r1137, but I'll post to see what the Wiizards have to say out there. I installed WiiFlow (not lite) 2 years ago....did all the tutorials, got HBC installed on an untouched Wii. Things ran perfectly, no issues. Last week I decided to see what's new and discovered stuff I never saw before like NES and SNES emulators and the ability to integrate with WiiFlow. I also decided to move from my spinner hard drive to using only a 64 SD card (formatted to FAT32). Anyway, long story over now....I realized WiiFlow Lite is the more recently developed option so I'm trying this route and cannot seem to get things working properly. When in WFL I randomly get the "Exception (DSI) occurred" I uninstalled all I could think of regarding the old WiiFlow installation, including the nonhidden channel i could see. There was a Priiloader config that I guess was responsible for WF loading at boot up.

So...I'm wondering....do I need to do something for a "clean slate" before moving to WFL? Do you think r1137 is the reason for this DSI crashing while in the settings screens? I don't barely remember what I did 2 years ago, but on the Exit To setting, I have Neek2, BootMii, and Priiloader all as options, and I'm thinking I don't need all of that.

Basically, I'm kind of lost...I really wanted to start fresh, without having to go to the VERY beginning before installing HBC....even though this may not at all be necessary.

I want to avoid the crashing...I have basically given up on just using an SD card with the extreme delay that comes from having no drive in the USB port.

kaisersozeh likes this.
  15. fledge68
    OP

fledge68 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    committed r1138 today. download wiiflow lite here or look in wfl as wiiflow for that version.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wiiflow-lite/?source=navbar

-fixed flow lists game titles so all titles show and are alphabetized. a strange issue that appeared last commit.
    -now if you select a single source button that has multiple magic numbers it will remember the flow layout you selected.
    -attempted to fix cover downloading since last commit. now covers should download but when you go back to main screen with coverflow wfl crashes. but restarts in 10 seconds with the covers ready. if anyone can fix this please let me know.

@einsteinx2 if you can fix the crash after cover downloading i'll shake your hand and kiss your feet. that goes for any devs (@Wiimpathy @GreyWolf )
    other wise i may go back to older libs and older libogc.

16. einsteinx2

einsteinx2 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2018
    Colombia
    Weird... I can take a look next week, but unfortunately can't do much until then.

Do you know how to get the remote debugging working? I saw that there's a way to use GDB over the network and it seems that WiiFlow includes those files. Do you use it?

17. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    As long as you have the matching elf for the dol you're running you can use gdb by itself to determine where the crash happened if it generates a DSI exception.

einsteinx2 likes this.
  18. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    Did dishe ever get the mod for this working so he didn't need the sensor bar in his car?

19. kaisersozeh

kaisersozeh GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2018
    Antarctica
    Phobos
    @einsteinx2
    Sorry, by what mechanism can you do this - GDB (something database?) against a reference in a DSI exception?
    Where's the reference in the DSI display (or is it the whole thing), what is GDB?

@GreyWolf - your sig mentions avoiding d2x v10-beta53 - but not what to use instead - do you have a link for a recommended version?
    thanks
    Never heard back from him - if you catch him, might be interested in the WiMC updates and Einstein's mod - also - there's a usb-powered ir led article i linked in a post in wiihardware too....

Is it that much of a bug to make it worth going back?
    Personally - i'd tolerate it.
    Well done on getting it done and out - I hadn't realised you'd posted an update - gbatemp didn't tell me! :blink:
    Just wanted to taf you because there's an update immediately afyer your post. It might contain a solution to the SD problem - but if doesn't, einstiein's mod will at the next update. :)

Last edited by kaisersozeh, May 18, 2018 at 4:44 AM
    DaTank45 likes this.
  20. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the reply. On a side note the tv in my car wouldn’t display my Wii because of the wii’s Low resolution so I purchased some cheap adapter/upscaler off amazon and it actually worked lol

Last edited by DaTank45, May 18, 2018 at 4:58 AM
    kaisersozeh likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice