Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only plugins, even wii and gc games. If I switch to previous release everything's at the right place and all game titles are back
holy crap! its doing the same for me. it alpha sorts most of the titles and then adds the others to the end and won't show their titles.
obviously this is that mysterious wiiflow mem problem. i figure the ones on the end the titles are missing or corrupted and they dont get alpha sorted.
ok back to the source code and try to patch this problem.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay quick fix until i figure out what the real problem is.
rename custom_titles.ini to something like custom_titles1.ini
wfl won't use it
now when you run wfl goto home menu and reload cache for each source type.

einsteinx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@fledge68 I went ahead and created a dedicated thread so that I won't clog up yours with change logs and whatnot: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite-einstein-mod.503830/

I finished a couple of improvements that I think you'd be interested in merging upstream. They should be easy to merge in. Mainly I improved boot time (especially for users only using SD cards) and fixed the boot animation so it starts immediately (however it only starts animating after Init_ISFS to prevent a stutter). I also made a UX change around how cover flipping works, but it's up to you if you want that one or not.

Last edited by einsteinx2,
Reactions: kaisersozeh

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I try to download cover art using wiiflow Lite, It crashes when I leave the download screen (Says 0/xx Downloaded). Im on an old Ass wii (BootMii Wii), Also I cant figure out how to use My actual Gamecube Memory cards in nintendon't. Is it a nintendont setting or a wiiflow setting that I would need to change.

Side Note: How do i setup the Plugins, So it can launch roms, and what directory do the roms go into, so that WiiFlow Detects them?

I need a bit of spoon feeding on this one, Encountering 2 many problems and not enough time to figure them out for myself.

Last edited by jasonmbrown,

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Whenever I try to download cover art using wiiflow Lite, It crashes when I leave the download screen (Says 0/xx Downloaded). Im on an old Ass wii (BootMii Wii), Also I cant figure out how to use My actual Gamecube Memory cards in nintendon't. Is it a nintendont setting or a wiiflow setting that I would need to change.

Side Note: How do i setup the Plugins, So it can launch roms, and what directory do the roms go into, so that WiiFlow Detects them?

I need a bit of spoon feeding on this one, Encountering 2 many problems and not enough time to figure them out for myself.
Brother, many have felt your pain before
Download Abz's pack - you can update the plugins in the plugins folder - dont worry if it's a hassle
your roms go all over the place, depending on which plugin is loading them - it's pretty understandable from the file structure in the pack
your covers go in the boxcovers folder in wiiflow (not root:apps/wiiflow, root:wiiflow)
they have to be named like your rom - myromname.extension.png - there are collections of covers in gbatemp/wii/emulators&Homebrew - there's a post stickied at the top
there's a source menu with all your content 'sources' - pc's handhelds -consoles - media player - internet
you can edit a source_menu.ini in root:wiiflow/source_menu/ to remove the ones you dont want from abz's pack - be sure you don't miss any numbers out and you may need to end on a blank entry
you can see the source_menu in three ways - i prefer the small sourceflow with boxes off - but there are many custom ones online
there's a wiki mentioned in fledges signature, or via google
If you're stuck - come back here - don't bother with the irc channel - it's pointlessly frustrating

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant find a working link for ABZ Pack... They all seem to 404. Also that doesn't fix the fact that Wiiflow Lite Crashes whenever i try to download Cover Art, in the app.

If I can get the cover art to download Il be ok, for a while... The Old Wiiflow downloaded covers fine, It just couldn't detect any of my gamecube games :(

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I cant find a working link for ABZ Pack... They all seem to 404. Also that doesn't fix the fact that Wiiflow Lite Crashes whenever i try to download Cover Art, in the app.

If I can get the cover art to download Il be ok, for a while... The Old Wiiflow downloaded covers fine, It just couldn't detect any of my gamecube games :(
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mxh2azkbza43db/WiiFlow_v4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod_Pack_Full_2016.7z

or this
https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/c..._the_wiiflow_pirates_master_mod_pack/dgbloxj/

Covers -if you've the bandwidth, you can download everything direct from game tdb (url?) - google the url - you're looking for "full" covers for the gamecube - drop them in root:/wiiflow/boxcovers/what-ever-folder-gamecube-titles-are-in-possibly-'game'

There isn't a one stop link for the all the plugins updated since the last pack - there are some on wiiflow_lite's sourceforge - have a look on Emulation&homebrew here on gbatemp

Reactions: jasonmbrown

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wiimc Plugin 1
Here's another one recompiled with the lib : Wiimc Plugin2
It's a rough plugin support based on your fork SuperrSonic. You can launch local files from a movies folder. No streams support. I tried to keep your 240p arguments intact when using as a standalone but no way to have 240p options + autoboot right now.
He can be a bit quiet, the coder involved, so I thought I'd share this here

Reactions: jasonmbrown

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have another problem:(
I bought a new Usb HD (Maxtor M3 1Tb) because my old one is dying.
Copied everything to this new drive and everything is working. Except neek2o mode for VC titles that need it (Majora's mask, Castlevania rebitrh etc). It hangs on a black screen.
I couldn't for the life of me make it work, tried everything (Fat32, 32k clusters, first partition active, deleting sneek cache), it seems that the drive is simply not compatible with neek2o.
I was about to give up when I read this in WFL changelogs:
- re made it possible to use SD emunands with sNeek2o r96.
So this could be a life saver for me, if I understand correctly I could use Emunand on SD.
But how does it work? I just copied the nands and sneek folders on SD and changed paths in WFL partition settings, but nothing's changed. I'm always getting a black screen

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima and anyone else with the titles issue

I would like you to try this boot.dol and see if it fixes your titles for you. it works for me.

download the appropriate one for your setup. put it in the correct apps folder and rename it boot.dol.
run wiiflow/wiiflow lite and you will need to do reload cache via the home menu. if it works for you let me know and i'll commit it.

wiiflow lite boot dol download - http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdptoyb3a189br4/wfl_boot.dol

wfl as wiiflow boot dol download - http://www.mediafire.com/file/iluxul1qj32vqxs/wf_boot.dol

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Almost every title came back with this new dol. Wii, GC, Emunand, emu plugins... excetpt for a bunch (not all) of ScummVM games.
I noticed that custom titles and hidden categories are not working anymore, so they were the cause. However, these ScummVM games that are not displaying correcly weren't renamed in custom titles ini, BUT I remember changing some ScummVM titles some time ago from the ScummVM interface (it is possible to do it with the virtual keyboard). ScummVM handles the installation of games in wiiflow in a different way, you have to install them using the app itself instead of simply copying folders in your device.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost every title came back with this new dol. Wii, GC, Emunand, emu plugins... excetpt for a bunch (not all) of ScummVM games.
I noticed that custom titles and hidden categories are not working anymore, so they were the cause. However, these ScummVM games that are not displaying correcly weren't renamed in custom titles ini, BUT I remember changing some ScummVM titles some time ago from the ScummVM interface (it is possible to do it with the virtual keyboard). ScummVM handles the installation of games in wiiflow in a different way, you have to install them using the app itself instead of simply copying folders in your device.
Did you remember to rename custom_titles.ini back to this?

As for scummvm i may have missed those titles.

So hidden categories are not working?

Edit i did miss scummvm titles. Will fix those too.

Last edited by fledge68,

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fledge68 Does the Cover Downloader work for most people? Or is it a vwii vs wii compatability issue. Whenever I try it instantly ends at 0/xx downloaded, then Crashes when I try to go back to the game lists. If I attempt to Redownload It errors with "Not Enough Memory". I would take a look into it myself but I honestly dont want to go through the hassle of setting up a dev environment for Wii right now... 2 much space used.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, custom_titles.ini renamed back. But the file seems to be ignored, I can see only original titles.
Categories are working, but now the hidden category is unchecked for all games. If I set them to hidden again it works.

Reactions: fledge68

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, custom_titles.ini renamed back. But the file seems to be ignored, I can see only original titles.
Categories are working, but now the hidden category is unchecked for all games. If I set them to hidden again it works.
ok found scummvm titles. missed them because they are in plugin.cpp. will fix tomorrow
also found why custom titles for plugins are not working. i made a mistake when copy and paste. will fix that too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*