Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,

I m using Wiiflow 5.5.4 cheats can't be d/l for any game I ve tested, I ve also installed the contents of those codes - .txt files , from an archive called 'txtcodes.zip' from this site- into the SD:wiiflow/codes/gct/ , still the codes are not visible, even when I refreshed the cache. Do I need to convert those .txt codes to something else? Someone mentioned on Wiiflow's github site, that they used just the .txt codes. if any help thanks!
the .txt files go in wiiflow/codes folder. then in wiiflow when you select the cheats you want to use a .gct file is made and saved in wiiiflow/gct folder

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Fledge68. Im having an issue with a 4TBWD Fat32 formated Drive Not loading wiiflow-lite 5.4.9 with Carbonik Theme and i changed it from auto to 251 and it solved the loading problem.
I used the suggested ios and cios from Modmii with 251 being cIOS251[58]-d2x-v11-beta1.wad
Im assuming from research the reason that 251 fixes the issue is because its on 58 base.
So the question is will this affect gameplay or does it only affect wiiflow startup?
If changing from Auto to a specific cios would also cause issues with loading certain games?
Even though the games seem to work i havent tested them all and im not sure

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know v5.4.9 is way out dated?

but i believe that in that version when you have a game set to 'auto' that means the game will use the cios wiiflow is set to use - in your case 251. if it does cause a game a to not load then set the games' ios to a specific cios.

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know v5.4.9 is way out dated?

but i believe that in that version when you have a game set to 'auto' that means the game will use the cios wiiflow is set to use - in your case 251. if it does cause a game a to not load then set the games' ios to a specific cios.
You think thats outdated, i was using wiiflow Masterpiece pack up until about a year ago until i discovered the carbonik theme. If someone makes the carbonik theme to work on the latest version i will switch but not until then.
I did test quite a few games and there doesnt seem to be any issues.
Maybe what you were saying stopped right before in v5.4.8.
If not i guess i will run into an issue and figure it out later.
I believe that Ios 58 solves the issue though and i think if someone would create an updated cIOS249[58]-d2x-v11-beta1.wad it might fix the issue with anything higher than 2tb freezing at the loading screen.
Im just wondering, is there a specific reason that 249 is preferred over 250 or 251 or is it just a tradition to use it first?
Everything seems to work better all around with 251. Even loading covers seems to be quicker.
I used to have to scoll a little at a time to keep the covers loading fast enough and now i can hold the button down and they load just fine.

Update:
Just a Heads Up i think you should read this article if you dont know already.

If this article is true Ios58 was added only on update 4.3x of the official wii updates as some most likely already know about but according to the article what some may not know is that Ios58 was the first to introduce USB 2.0 speeds because before even though the wii had the capability to run usb 2.0, for some reason all the previous IOS used in all the previous updates which used USB support only ran at USB 1.1 speeds.

The Point i would like to make or suggest is if it is true then it makes sense why Ios58 would fix the problem and why it seems to be faster.
Also the point i would like to make is that it is likely the very reason that if left at default settings, drives larger 2tb would hang up at the loading screen on wiiflow and if you use usbloadergx before entering wiiflow usbloadergx patches ios58 in order for the drive to load which make sense now why using usbloadergx first before you entered wakes up the hard drive in order for it to work correctly and then back out and enter wiiflow again and it works.
Its because of ios58 and if Devs would start using Ios58 as a base for the main CIOS whether 249 or 251 or whatever, then there would be a lot of issues resolved with loading times and app speeds in general.

Last edited by JasonH,

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You think thats outdated, i was using wiiflow Masterpiece pack up until about a year ago until i discovered the carbonik theme. If someone makes the carbonik theme to work on the latest version i will switch but not until then.
I believe that Ios 58 solves the issue though and i think if someone would create an updated cIOS249[58]-d2x-v11-beta1.wad it might fix the issue with anything higher than 2tb freezing at the loading screen.
Im just wondering, is there a specific reason that 249 is preferred over 250 or 251 or is it just a tradition to use it first?
Everything seems to work better all around with 251. Even loading covers seems to be quicker.
I used to have to scoll a little at a time to keep the covers loading fast enough and now i can hold the button down and they load just fine.

Update:

If this article is true Ios58 was added only on update 4.3x of the official wii updates as some most likely already know about but according to the article what some may not know is that Ios58 was the first to introduce USB 2.0 speeds because before even though the wii had the capability to run usb 2.0, for some reason all the previous IOS used in all the previous updates which used USB support only ran at USB 1.1 speeds.

The Point i would like to make or suggest is if it is true then it makes sense why Ios58 would fix the problem and why it seems to be faster.
Also the point i would like to make is that it is likely the very reason that if left at default settings, drives larger 2tb would hang up at the loading screen on wiiflow and if you use usbloadergx before entering wiiflow usbloadergx patches ios58 in order for the drive to load which make sense now why using usbloadergx first before you entered wakes up the hard drive in order for it to work correctly and then back out and enter wiiflow again and it works.
Its because of ios58 and if Devs would start using Ios58 as a base for the main CIOS whether 249 or 251 or whatever, then there would be a lot of issues resolved with loading times and app speeds in general.

I don't know when Wiiflow stopped working with a particular theme. It would seem that this is your problem and not a wiiflow problem. But if the issue is Carbonic, then I humbly think you should have changed several years ago. The thing is that 5.5.3 and the current 5.5.4 work perfectly with any theme. Maybe you should try again

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Update:

in regards to ios 58 usb 2.0. its true ios58 was the first and maybe only to use usb 2.0 but all cios were made with usb 2.0 support. the devs who patched them took out the usb 1.1 code and replaced it with usb 2.0 code. when ios 58 came out many homebrew were converted to use it instead of the cios they used to use. I'm sure @XFlak knows more about it.

xaloii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hello, anybody knows why wiiflow 5.5.4 doesn't recognize my usb device but when i use 5.5.3 it works perfectly? (same settings)
Pd: i use a kingston data traveler exodia 128gb and running in vwii (wii u) d2x-v11-beta1 cios

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, anybody knows why wiiflow 5.5.4 doesn't recognize my usb device but when i use 5.5.3 it works perfectly? (same settings)
Pd: i use a kingston data traveler exodia 128gb and running in vwii (wii u) d2x-v11-beta1 cios
try going into main settings>startup settings and make sure sd only if off and force cios is off.

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello @fledge68. I am needing your help, if possible.
I'm trying to get the "wiiflow music" plugin to work with playlists on wiiflow 5.5.4. Something like what Hakaisha shows in the post. https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-54#post-8363171
The problem is that whatever type of file I try to open (mp3, ogg, pls, m3u) the result is that it always takes me to the wii menu.
I have tried the plugin as follows, as listed in the "WIIFLOW PLUGINS PACK"
arguments=
bannersound=
consolecoverid=
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=music
displayname=WiiFlow Music
dolfile=MUSIC
filetypes=.mp3|.ogg|.pls|.m3u
magic=4D555343
romdir=wiiflow/music
rompartition=-1

And I have also tried adding the argument parameters, like this
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}

But I always get the same results.
I greatly appreciate any help or guidance you can give me.
From already thank you very much.
Greetings

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @fledge68. I am needing your help, if possible.
I'm trying to get the "wiiflow music" plugin to work with playlists on wiiflow 5.5.4. Something like what Hakaisha shows in the post. https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-54#post-8363171
The problem is that whatever type of file I try to open (mp3, ogg, pls, m3u) the result is that it always takes me to the wii menu.
I have tried the plugin as follows, as listed in the "WIIFLOW PLUGINS PACK"
arguments=
bannersound=
consolecoverid=
covercolor=111111
coverfolder=music
displayname=WiiFlow Music
dolfile=MUSIC
filetypes=.mp3|.ogg|.pls|.m3u
magic=4D555343
romdir=wiiflow/music
rompartition=-1

And I have also tried adding the argument parameters, like this
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}

But I always get the same results.
I greatly appreciate any help or guidance you can give me.
From already thank you very much.
Greetings
im really surprised that a simple mp3 or ogg song does not play. i will have to do some testing on this but i really don't have much free time. you might try changing rompartition= to 0 for SD or 1 for USB. otherwise it seems song and playlist launching might have got broken at some point.

Reactions: XFlak and AlexM80

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
im really surprised that a simple mp3 or ogg song does not play. i will have to do some testing on this but i really don't have much free time. you might try changing rompartition= to 0 for SD or 1 for USB. otherwise it seems song and playlist launching might have got broken at some point.
Thank you very much for your quick response. Based on the tests I was carrying out, I can tell you the following results, which may possibly be useful to you.
With Wiiflow 5.4.9 MP3 and OGG files run without problems. But PLS or M3U playlists do not work.
With both Wiiflow 5.5.3 and 5.5.4 none of the mentioned work and when I try to load them it takes me to the Wii menu.
I'll try changing rompartition in the plugin and after that I'll tell you how it went.
Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: XFlak

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there,
Great to see this project going strong. A few brush up queries if I may:

1. There is no cios override option when launching a plugin/dol. Does plugin/dol launched through Wiiflow run under the same ios/cios that Wiiflow is currently running under at the time of launch?
2. Do homebrews generally just relaunch themselves into their preferred ios/cios anyway making the above irrelevant?

This is mainly being asked to see if there is any scope for using FAKEMOTE with homebrew which relies on loading the cios it is installed under. I guess the short answer may be to recompile (or patch) homebrew to preferred ios/cios.

Thanks!

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i'm trying to test a wiiflow lite setup, but i'll be using SNEEK or UNEEK most likely. in usb loader gx, there is an option to boot directly to neek menu - does such an option exist in wiiflow lite? Thanks.

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hello, i'm trying to test a wiiflow lite setup, but i'll be using SNEEK or UNEEK most likely. in usb loader gx, there is an option to boot directly to neek menu - does such an option exist in wiiflow lite? Thanks.
I think the option you are looking for is the one that appears when you are in some games section, pressing HOME, and then going to EXIT TO... there you will see the neek2o option

Reactions: grandosegood

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the option you are looking for is the one that appears when you are in some games section, pressing HOME, and then going to EXIT TO... there you will see the neek2o option
thanks for your reply, that worked! one of the main issues i'm trying to figure out is how to get forwarder channels for for emulated games/single rom loaders (SRL) to work on emunand. if u use SNEEK+DI, the forwarder wad for the games returns to wii menu, but if i use UNEEK+DI, I get a code dump when attempting to run the forwarder wad (both times installed to the emunand, then run from wiiflow lite). Presumably, in both cases, the forwarder can't talk/connect to the data on the external hard drive.

edit: how can i force wiiflow lite to use ios58?

Last edited by grandosegood,

AlexM80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
thanks for your reply, that worked! one of the main issues i'm trying to figure out is how to get forwarder channels for for emulated games/single rom loaders (SRL) to work on emunand. if u use SNEEK+DI, the forwarder wad for the games returns to wii menu, but if i use UNEEK+DI, I get a code dump when attempting to run the forwarder wad (both times installed to the emunand, then run from wiiflow lite). Presumably, in both cases, the forwarder can't talk/connect to the data on the external hard drive.

I don't know if I'm understanding your question correctly. But Wiiflow Lite runs on iOS 58. I don't know if your question was aimed at that.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

for starters you shouldn't need neek2o to launch those forwarder channels on emunand. they should work with with the default per game settings. but if they don't then the 2 settings you are looking for should be on page 4 of the per game settings. try changing "Boot Apploader" and try booting it. if that doesn't work set it back and try changing "custom", but that "custom" really should be used for real nand channels.

forcing wiiflow lite to use IOS58 will not force channel booting to use it. you can't force channel booting to use ios58.

if you don't have the v5.5.4 fix dol i posted a few pages back there's a good chance that the IOS per game setting may not work when set to 'auto'. try setting it to a specific cIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...