Hacking WiiFlow Lite

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im not sure about the SD compatibility, but i wouldn't think so. Did you delete the save file before you restarted? The opening fight scene is where it is hanging? I am not experiencing any issues but am unsure when/where they occur for you.
One relatively early on that Mechon attacked the city. And in the scene where Fiora is supposed to run to the machine.

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately it looks like Xenoblade Chronicles is not playable via SD card. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only thing that really works is to skip the cutscene.

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it won't. wiiflow loads its own stub.bin (tiny loader) into memory to replace the HBC stub. so the emus think they are loaded from HBC but they are not. the stub.bin looks for that hidden channel and launches it to return to wiiflow.

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've to explain this, I'd probably have about $1.25 :rofl2::P:rofl2:

retrofan01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any possibility of adding universal deflicker support for Wii games? I've just switched from vWii to a real Wii and switched from WFL to USB Loader GX at the same time purely because of the deflicker support but I've found I prefer WFL.

Reactions: XDeltaOne

WraithTDK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WFL is freaking gorgeous, I'm determined to get it set up right; but I cannot for the life of me get emuNAND working. I used WFL's and dumping tool, and everything looks fine, but whenever I try to launch a WiiWare game from Emunand, it crashed to a black screen and the system has to be hard rebooted. I've tried multiple SD cards, and the WiiWare titles run just fine from real NAND (and even from my SD card if I move them to it from the Wii menu). It's super frustrating. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Reactions: biggzsizzle

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I'm trying to boot a game from the SD, Wii Fit Plus, but no matter what settings I change, it always let me on a black screen, or an eternal loading screen (the Wiiflow logo animates with no end).

The SD is formatted correctly and I've been using it for years with no issues, and on the CIOS front, I've been using other Loaders with no use and I have the correct versions installed (no Beta53), so I really don't know what's the problem. The Wiiflow is a clean install (no files existed before) and if I remember right it's version 5.4.9.

The wbfs is not a bad dump, because it's the same I have on an USB that I ripped myself and that one works.

I thought about trying Configurable USB Loader but I read that that kiader has problems when loading from a SDHC.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to boot a game from the SD, Wii Fit Plus, but no matter what settings I change, it always let me on a black screen, or an eternal loading screen (the Wiiflow logo animates with no end).

The SD is formatted correctly and I've been using it for years with no issues, and on the CIOS front, I've been using other Loaders with no use and I have the correct versions installed (no Beta53), so I really don't know what's the problem. The Wiiflow is a clean install (no files existed before) and if I remember right it's version 5.4.9.

The wbfs is not a bad dump, because it's the same I have on an USB that I ripped myself and that one works.

I thought about trying Configurable USB Loader but I read that that kiader has problems when loading from a SDHC.
do other games load from SD?

Reactions: Maeson

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't know exactly what happened, but after doing two clean installs now it boots fine, or at least it did it right now. I tried with Tetris Party Deluxe and also booted.

Something that I found weird is that, when a game boots correctly a white bar appears on the lower side of the screen, but before it either stood black or the Wiiflow animation when you boot the app itself appeared.

In any case, thanks for trying to help me! I wanted to have this particular title on the SD so I have access to it at any time regardless of what I have on the USB Slot 0.

Reactions: fledge68

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @fledge68 and anyone,

I run USBLGX and WFL in parallel. Both are configured to share the same directories for cheats (txt and gct). If I now activate cheats for a game in USBLGX and a GCT file is created, I expect WFL to recognise it and show me the ones previously activated in USBLGX in the game's cheat menu. But it does not.

What am I doing wrong? Do the loaders use different GCT files?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @fledge68 and anyone,

I run USBLGX and WFL in parallel. Both are configured to share the same directories for cheats (txt and gct). If I now activate cheats for a game in USBLGX and a GCT file is created, I expect WFL to recognise it and show me the ones previously activated in USBLGX in the game's cheat menu. But it does not.

What am I doing wrong? Do the loaders use different GCT files?
so the coding in gct.cpp is similar but wiiflow some dev a long time ago added:

//rewrite and save code.txt to mark which codes are #selected#
int GCTCheats::createTXT(const char * filename)
{

so when you select cheats in wiiflow it actual rewrites cheat txt file adding #selected# for all the ones that are selected. as far as i know usb loader gx does not do that.

Reactions: ca032769

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so when you select cheats in wiiflow it actual rewrites cheat txt file adding #selected# for all the ones that are selected. as far as i know usb loader gx does not do that.
Writing files that are only intended to be read is a very bad idea. We absolutely have to change that. This also explains the strange behaviour of WFL. I set all files that are (supposed to be) for reading only to read-only.

Jate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry, I have searched this thread and found nothing about it.

I just upgraded from Wiiflow Lite 5.4.6 to the latest stable version (v5.4.9 April 3rd, 2021) and some games load in other languages. I have also tested one game and it doesn't load (DBZ BT 3).

I've even tried the beta I put @fledge68 in the plugins thread and the same thing happens, so I'm back to 5.4.6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@