Hacking WiiFlow Lite

C2PO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same issue for me. I spent time with Legacy XP, never did resolve for wiiflow even with gameconfig.txt in root and in settings folder - tried on both SD and HD. I did get it to work/load in usbloadergx with AXhooktype turned on for "brawl". I would much rather it worked with wiiflow (wiiflow forever!) but this is only workaround I could figure out. All the research I did led me to conclude that the 256 lines limitation is why I couldn't get it to work in wiiflow but it is only my best guess.

I succeeded !!!

I used BrawlBuild, you must put the Brawl iso, do not put anything in "Mod Folder" choose the GCT file of your mode, check "Remove the transmitter from the subspace", change the game ID to RSBE02 (for Smash 2 mode for example) and change the title of the game. Click Build ISO.

Once the ISO is created, it must be converted to WBFS with wbfs_file.exe

Put your wbfs game on the hard drive and place the Brawl mode at the root of the SD card (example for Smash2: smash2 / pf).

Put your hard drive and SD in the Wii, launch wiiflow, reload the cache so that it detects the game. Ocarina must be on Off because the code is integrated in wbfs and launches (therefore no code / gameconfig.txt is necessary à wiiflow).

The game will normally play the files found in the SD. Enjoy !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
With this method it is normally possible to have an iso mode par. The SD will then look like its:

smash2 / pf
projectm / pf
LegacyXP / pf
legacyte / pf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT FIX:

- For Smash 2 please do not check "Remove Subspacial Emissary" for the 1P Classic mode to work (otherwise the game will not detect Master Hand and will crash)
- I am having problems with SSB Legacy XP with my method (Smash 2 works very well), I am looking for a solution

Last edited by C2PO,

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news to hear, @C2PO !

Thanks for writing out the steps you took to make it work. I remember trying to get Legacy XP to work with WiiFlow some years ago, and ran into similar issues as you. I think I will try this out myself when I can set aside some time for it.

Reactions: C2PO

C2PO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I did not manage to market SSB Legacy XP with my method ...
But I may have found a way, except that I have to understand how it works.

Wiiflow has its own gameconfig, it is in the wiiflow / settings folder. I tried to copy the SSB Legacy XP code into it, I launched the game and it didn't work.

When I put my SD card back into my PC, I opened the file again and I realized that wiiflow supports the line

codelistend = 8057FFF8
codeliststart = 80566528
hooktype = 7

But do not accept:

poke (800042B8, 60,000,000)
pokeifequal (803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal (803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal (803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)

I therefore inquired about the pokeifequal line and I learned that wiiflow supports this kind of code under WIP file (wiiflow / codes / wip)

See the 2 sources:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-help-with-vwii-gc-adapter-for-project-m.498236/page-5
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-656

To create a wip file just create a .txt file, put the code in it and change the extension to GAME ID.wip

The problem is that the format of the pokeifequal and wip code is different ... pokeifequal has a line of 4 codes and wip has a line of 3 codes.

I tried to launch Legacy XP via this method but it does not work .. however I think I am not far from the solution. If anyone has an idea, I'm interested!

Reactions: Jochte

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did not manage to market SSB Legacy XP with my method ...
But I may have found a way, except that I have to understand how it works.

Wiiflow has its own gameconfig, it is in the wiiflow / settings folder. I tried to copy the SSB Legacy XP code into it, I launched the game and it didn't work.

When I put my SD card back into my PC, I opened the file again and I realized that wiiflow supports the line

codelistend = 8057FFF8
codeliststart = 80566528
hooktype = 7

But do not accept:

poke (800042B8, 60,000,000)

I therefore inquired about the pokeifequal line and I learned that wiiflow supports this kind of code under WIP file (wiiflow / codes / wip)

See the 2 sources:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-help-with-vwii-gc-adapter-for-project-m.498236/page-5
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-656

To create a wip file just create a .txt file, put the code in it and change the extension to GAME ID.wip

The problem is that the format of the pokeifequal and wip code is different ... pokeifequal has a line of 4 codes and wip has a line of 3 codes.

I tried to launch Legacy XP via this method but it does not work .. however I think I am not far from the solution. If anyone has an idea, I'm interested!
A quick look at wiiflow game boot code and this is what i can tell you.

1. gameconfig.txt goes in root:/wiiflow/codes
2. in game settings you need to set ocarina ON or debugger to Gecko. (I'm not sure if it matters which one)
3. If the hooktype is set to Auto then wiiflow chooses VBI. (I don't know if different hooktypes work better)

I don't see any limit in gameconfig size. wiifIow and usbloader gx both seem to limit gameconfig.txt to 65k.
I believe using ocarina cheat codes might be limited.

C2PO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A quick look at wiiflow game boot code and this is what i can tell you.

1. gameconfig.txt goes in root:/wiiflow/codes
2. in game settings you need to set ocarina ON or debugger to Gecko. (I'm not sure if it matters which one)
3. If the hooktype is set to Auto then wiiflow chooses VBI. (I don't know if different hooktypes work better)

I don't see any limit in gameconfig size. wiifIow and usbloader gx both seem to limit gameconfig.txt to 65k.
I believe using ocarina cheat codes might be limited.

Were you able to test? It seems to me that by putting the gameconfig.txt to freeze my game, I may need to test with different Hooks or with Gecko. I guess I have to put the .gct file in the gct folder without having to use the .txt file

Thank you for enlightening me, it opens another perspective, I will keep you posted

Last edited by C2PO,

C2PO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested Ocarina / Gecko with different Hook as you told me but it doesn't seem to work.

For info my files are arranged as follows:

USB: / wbfs / Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbfs
USB: / wbfs / Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbfs1

SD: / Legacy / pf /.../
SD: / wiiflow / codes / GCT/RSBE01.gct
SD / wiiflow / codes / gameconfig.txt

My gameconfig.txt file is 1kb
The gameconfig.txt allows you to exceed the code limit imposed (256 lines) for the game Super Smash Bros.

I find it hard to understand why Wiiflow mismanages this type of hacking when USBLoaderGX can launch it .. but hey, having a crush on Wiiflow, I prefer to stay on it and find a solution

Last edited by C2PO,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

pretty sure .gct codes dont need their own folder (/codes/gct)
putting them in the /codes folder is enough, you dont need to make a new one
That is correct for the USBLoader GX or Nintendont.:)
First the *.txt File belongs into the "cheats" Folder and with USBLoader GX you can create you .gct File
or
Second the *.gct File belongs into the "codes" Folder.

But for WiiFlow the Structure from @C2PO is correct.:)

55555el-1.jpg

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

MrSW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
you are right, by deafult that's how it is, I probably changed it to keep it synchronized between loaders.

@C2PO can you upload your gameconfig.txt? I can launch Legacy XP fron WiiFlow and I never had to mess with WiiFlow's own gameconfig or WIP codes

C2PO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello @MrSW indeed the structure of wiiflow is as follows:

SD: / wiiflow / codes / gct
for codes in .gct format

and

SD: / wiiflow / code
for codes in .txt format

Wiiflow does not support .txt files with more than 256 lines (they are displayed as not detectable in wiiflow)
Can you give me the path of your Legacy XP which works under Wiiflow as well as the version of Legacy XP please?

I am trying to get the latest version: 2.11 of Legacy XP to work

EDIT:

I cleaned my SD card, I reinstalled Legaxy XP with its charger and with USB Loader.

I started testing with the Legacy XP Loader planned for and the Super Smash Bros DVD. Brawl, it works
I tested with USB Loader and a Dump, it works
I tested with Wiiflow and it still doesn't work

If I don't put the gameconfig.txt file in the SD folder: / wiiflow / codes / wiiflow launches Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If I put the gameconfig.txt file in the folder, I have a black screen

EDIT 2:

I just changed the direction of the code folder from wiiflow.ini to SD: / codes (like USB Loader) and now it works (you have to reload the wiiflow cache for this to be taken into account). By cons I noticed that the mode does not launch if I do not reload the cache. I have to look at this in more detail

EDIT 3:

I put the code direction in SD: / wiiflow / codes / gct (with gameconfig.txt in the SD folder: / wiiflow / codes)
And it also works if I reload the cache, so the problem comes from caching before loading the game.

With the refill of the cache I have a white loading bar which appears and the mode starts correctly.
Without reloading the cache I do not have this bar and the game with black screen.

Attachments

• gameconfig.txt
    256 bytes · Views: 102
Last edited by C2PO,

C2PO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem does not come from the cache but it comes from the gameconfig.. I created an iso Brawl with the ID RSBEXP (for Legacy XP) and another with the ID RSBETE (for Legacy TE), I deleted the sub-spatial emissary for 2 (I did not add .gct files as the first method), I changed the identifier of the gct codes and changed the gameconfig like this:

RSBEXP:
codeliststart = 80566528
codelistend = 8057FFF8
hooktype = 7
stitching (800042B8, 60000000)

RSBETE:
codeliststart = 80567000
codelistend = 80580000
hooktype = 1
stitching (800042B8, 60000000)

It's good it works well, I share the location of my image files
With this method you can launch Super Smash Bros Legacy XP, Legacy TE and Brawl individually
Remember to activate Ocarina for your modes, Hook 7 for Legacy XP and HooK 1 for Legacy TE
I share the custom_banner of Legacy XP and TE if attached

EDIT: For Project + include the BOOST.gct file and with the subspacial emissary included, otherwise the music does not work on BrawlBuild

Attachments

• 1] Root.png
    1] Root.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 2] LegacyTE Folder.png
    2] LegacyTE Folder.png
    40 KB · Views: 216
  • 3] Legacy XP Folder.png
    3] Legacy XP Folder.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 4] Wiiflow Codes Folder.png
    4] Wiiflow Codes Folder.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 5] Wiiflow gameconfig Files.png
    5] Wiiflow gameconfig Files.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 6] Wiiflow GCT Folder.png
    6] Wiiflow GCT Folder.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 7] WBFS Folder.png
    7] WBFS Folder.png
    134 KB · Views: 229
  • 7] Build Exemple.png
    7] Build Exemple.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Legacy Custom_Banner.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 139
Last edited by C2PO,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@C2PO just to clarify - so you changed gameconfig.txt and everything works now? can we see the difference between the original gameconfig.txt and the new gameconfig.txt? I'm wondering what it is about the original one that caused the issue?

edit: i saw the difference.i'm glad you got it to work.I noticed the codelist start and end is different for the second one.

Last edited by fledge68,

C2PO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@C2PO just to clarify - so you changed gameconfig.txt and everything works now? can we see the difference between the original gameconfig.txt and the new gameconfig.txt? I'm wondering what it is about the original one that caused the issue?

edit: i saw the difference.i'm glad you got it to work.I noticed the codelist start and end is different for the second one.

Yes, the gameconfig between each mode differs and the assigned hook reacted differently too, it was a long search but I ended up finding the solution to my problem. Thanks for all your help :)

Reactions: fledge68

Jochte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the gameconfig between each mode differs and the assigned hook reacted differently too, it was a long search but I ended up finding the solution to my problem. Thanks for all your help :)

Wow! -- I salute you sir and your great skills in figuring this out!

Last edited by Jochte,

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 So I've been doing a bit of digging and referencing this thread from 2015 -- In the latest WiiFlow running Nintendont as the GC emulator, I boot up the NTSC iso of Tony Hawk Pro Skater's 3. The load screen appears, but as soon as the in-game videos load, the TV screen goes black and the TV displays something like: [Mode Not Supported].

The Wii is wired through the OEM Component cables. So, basically - is it just that my TV can't handle the fact that these videos output in 240p/288p? Is there anything I can mess with settings-wise within WiiFlow as a work-around? It's not a complete deal-breaker as I'm sure there aren't that many GC games with varying resolutions like this.

Also if I hit start or 'A' to skip through the videos, I can get to the menu just fine.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 So I've been doing a bit of digging and referencing this thread from 2015 -- In the latest WiiFlow running Nintendont as the GC emulator, I boot up the NTSC iso of Tony Hawk Pro Skater's 3. The load screen appears, but as soon as the in-game videos load, the TV screen goes black and the TV displays something like: [Mode Not Supported].

The Wii is wired through the OEM Component cables. So, basically - is it just that my TV can't handle the fact that these videos output in 240p/288p? Is there anything I can mess with settings-wise within WiiFlow as a work-around? It's not a complete deal-breaker as I'm sure there aren't that many GC games with varying resolutions like this.

Also if I hit start or 'A' to skip through the videos, I can get to the menu just fine.
check this nintendont issue - https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/501

from what i read - basically there's nothing you can do but get a tv that supports 240p which is what those videos use.
by the way component cables are blue, green, and red.
composite are red, white, and yellow.

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xLAKITUx , most modern televisions cannot display a 240p signal over component/hdmi. The lowest resolution most TVs will accept through component/hdmi is 480p. If you try to send a 240 resolution image through component/hdmi, the TV will usually just not recognize the signal and display a blank image. However, most modern TVs will still accept and display 240 resolution signals using standard RCA cables.

This is also the reason Mega Man X Collection (Gamecube) usually cannot be played on modern displays using modern cables, due to the fact its output is scaled to 240p.

If the in-game videos in THPS3 truly are 240p, it makes sense that your TV would go blank when they're displayed, then the image comes back after you skip them. A good way to test this would be to use RCA cables and see if the videos display over that connection.

As far as I am personally aware, unless someone out there can find a way to upscale output to 480p through Nintendont, there unfortunately isn't much that can be done to remedy this issue besides using RCA cables.

Last edited by Hakaisha,

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check this nintendont issue - https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/501

from what i read - basically there's nothing you can do but get a tv that supports 240p which is what those videos use.
by the way component cables are blue, green, and red.
composite are red, white, and yellow.

I figured that was the case. Assuming it won’t matter if I switch to composites?

should have seen the last post lol I’ll grab the ol’ Red-White-Yellow

Last edited by xLAKITUx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1