1. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm using 5.4.1, not the recent 5.4.2 Beta. WFL 5.4.1 cannot create cover art cache for Open BOR, but using previous WFL 5.2.0 does work correctly. ScummVM also had this same cache bug using 5.4.0, but earlier revisions (5.2.0) did not. In the 5.4.1 (changelog, update,), this fix was listed.

2. krueger96

krueger96 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    What does the latest devkit pro beta do exactly? Fix some issues with classic controller in menus? Because i i used wiiflow with classic controller often and never had a crash

3. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    It may happen because the OpenBor database doesn't exist yet and a check is missing in the WiiFlow's list generator.

One last big update to the databases should arrive soon. It will have the OpenBor xml and a lot more info added in other db files.

RunningSnakes and Tetsuo Shima like this.
  4. kimotori

kimotori GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    when downloading covers, how to stop the process?

Last edited by kimotori, Mar 12, 2020
  5. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    This is wonderful news!! I have a little request.
    Please, would you mind adding Heart of Darkness (hode) and Hexen 2 (Wiihexen2) to the Dos database?
    We did the same thing for eduke32 some time ago. Well, technically speaking, they are windows games, but I think the dos database could also group source ports of old pc games.
    Both of them are working out of the box as wiiflow plugins. You just have to create a dummy file to launch the games, in the same manner as with the retroarch cannonball engine.
    I named them "Heart of darkness.game" and "Hexen II.game"
    And here are both plugin .ini's with magic numbers.
    [PLUGIN]
    arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
    bannersound=
    consolecoverid=
    covercolor=000000
    coverfolder=dos
    displayname=hode
    dolfile=apps/hode/boot.dol
    filetypes=.game
    magic=484f4445
    romdir=hode
    [PLUGIN]
    arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
    bannersound=
    consolecoverid=
    covercolor=000000
    coverfolder=dos
    displayname=Wii-Hexen 2
    dolfile=apps/WiiHexen2/boot.dol
    filetypes=.game
    magic=48455832
    romdir=apps/WiiHexen2/data1

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Mar 12, 2020
    RunningSnakes likes this.
  6. SoulSpawn

SoulSpawn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Wow I didn't realize it was such a pain. I thought that it was easier, like adding "BDF_HISCORE_SUPPORTED" to the cps1 core in some way, so all cps1 games can use hiscore.dat (I have no clue how to compile).

Usage of hiscore.dat is like in mame, almost all important games have it. Hiscores improve replayability and that's why I'm so interested on it.

About the remmaping bug, when I change controls on a game and try to save rmp for that game retroarch crashes and kicks me out!
    I tried retroarch 1.8.2 and 1.8.4 and happens, so I went back to 1.7.5 and 1.7.6

Maybe this link could help?
    https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroAr...8f0a7ed82799ae55060f01e4af06469?view=parallel

Last edited by SoulSpawn, Mar 13, 2020
  7. fledge68

OP fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'll be looking into this. I thought we had it fixed. did you try th wf 5.4.1 vidfix download i posted a page or 2 back. its compiled a little different so its a little bigger in size.

the devkitpro beta was a test to see if i could compile with latest devkitppc and libogc. It isn't any different than the vidfix download a while back. it works fine but apparently has the cache covers issue. I most likely will just go back to compiling the old way with devkitppc r30.

you can't. sorry. you could turn off the wii but don't do it while it says creating or saving cache cover because it might be writing to your device at that time.

RunningSnakes and krueger96 like this.
  8. krueger96

krueger96 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I see, i'm still on your fixed 5.4.2 vidfix and it works like a charm. with gamecube games at least. While testing i realised i didn't play a wii game since last year and only used wiiflow for gamecube titles since then, i'm curious to try the 480p pixel patch, although i don't know if i'll even be able to spot a difference on vwii

9. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Regular

United States

I installed the 5.4.2 Beta and the OpenBOR cache problem is fixed. Thank You @fledge68

Last edited by RunningSnakes, Mar 13, 2020
    Tetsuo Shima likes this.
  10. Wiimpathy

France
    Yeah, sorry. In theory, for the dedicated cpsx cores, that'd be 'just' adding the flag. But, the hiscore option should also be added, update hiscore.c to check the right paths...Then check all is working in HBC, then in Wiiflow...
    Even for simple changes, things often go wrong with retroarch.

And now this nasty remap bug. However, I hope that when you're testing the different retroarch cores, you delete all previous install like it's recommended...
    One obvious thing is also checking your paths are set in Retroarch's menu.
    Also, please give more details. Which core, which game?

What you're asking isn't really wii specific. You could report the bugs here for example : https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha2012_cps2/issues

And by the way, here's how to compile : https://docs.libretro.com/development/retroarch/compilation/wii/

Last edited by Wiimpathy, Mar 13, 2020
    RunningSnakes likes this.
  11. SoulSpawn

SoulSpawn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Ok I'll try to compile it with your instructions this weekend, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I use retroarch via wiiflow, and the main reason is only arcade emulation, so I kept using your mame2003plus cores v1.7.6 and fba cores same version.

I tried street fighter alpha 2 in CPS2 core with newer versions (those that changed menu when setting up controls) and crashed when tryed to save mapping per game. BUT I did not delete the previous configuration files, since it took me too long to have everything configured.

Is there a place to download the cps1 & 2 cores source for v1.7.6 to compile? I only founded compiled versions.

12. Wiimpathy

France
    If you mix versions, you'll surely have more bugs/crashes. One trick to avoid this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-one-configuration-file-per-emulator.545488/

To download an older source code, you can browse a project's repository. For example : https://github.com/libretro/RetroAr...bae318dbc23cb2ede151c2df10a465e06233ce2f+3340

You see the date at the top? Commits on Jul 12, 2019. At the bottom of the page, you can push the 'Older' button to go even further.
    Or if that version suits you, at the top right, click on a <> to browse 'at this point in history'.

Now you're here : https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/tree/dacf25c1a146d9d35a7e1a6d2d5a3e56dd940c15
    Click on the green button, clone or download then Download ZIP.

Same principle for an older fba core.

SoulSpawn likes this.
  13. kimotori

kimotori GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Thanks for the reply.
    is it possible to stop the process in the future? Like for example: press "-" to exit​

14. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    @fledge68 I'm trying to have N64 VC emunand channels alongside the N64 plugin games (using N64 horizontal covers and with n64 background).
    Here's what I did, but it's not working.
    -I made a copy of my emunand folder inside /nands and renamed it 'N64'. In Wiiflow I deleted every other game from that nand, leaving only N64 games.
    -I made a copy of my wiiflow/plugin/emuchannels.ini and renamed it emuchannels-N64.ini
    -I created a new magic number for it. It's 454e3634 (EN64). Used it in plugin, source menu and platform.in (as N64).
    -Inside emuchannels-n64.ini I used romdir=nands/N64, and coverfolder=N64

With these settings it doesn't work, it shows the correct background, but it says no roms found.
    Is there a way to do it?

15. fledge68

United States
    The problem is that the emu nand plugin magic number is compiled in the code. You cant just makeup one. So the only way your idea would work is if your n65 emunand was the only one you used.

16. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Oh that's why it wasn't working. I was trying this method to add some games to my poor collection of n64 working games.
    Mainly I was aiming to do this with N64, VC Arcade (basically just for 2 games, not possible on mame) and maybe MSX and C64 (no disk swapping, instant load) and PC (just for MDK2)
    But I wanted to leave my main Emunand untouched.
    Maybe I could use categories, but then again, it wouldn't use the correct flow in platform.ini.
    Well that's all right :) Not a problem if this can't be done.

17. Demetris

Demetris Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Cyprus
    @fledge68 i really hope you stick with the updated devkitpro, works bug less here or if you go back please in next version would be great to we have two releases (old and new sdk)

fledge68 likes this.
  18. fledge68

United States
  19. fledge68

United States
    Can someone please test cheats?

alexander1970 likes this.
  20. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Some special Game or testing the Download of the Cheats ?

Thank you.:)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

After the Cheat Download it says:

"Done!"

but then

"Downloaded cheat file has no cheats!"
    (Tested several NTSC Games).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiFlow,