Hacking WiiFlow Lite

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curious does Wii Retroarh have chance to get t
For gba your best choice is mGba. Nothing beats it.
i dont have mGBA.ini and i tried to create my own mGBA.ini and seem it wil not work with plugin the vbagx gba keeps kicking the mgba off the check box

[PLUGIN]
magic=56424188
coverColor=fcff00
coverFolder=GBA
fileTypes=.agb|.gba|.bin|.elf|.mb|.dmg|.zip|.7z
romDir=vbagx/roms/GBA
dolFile=mgba_libretro_wii.dol
bannerSound=GBA.ogg
displayname=mGBA
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

am i doing right??

Last edited by FanNintendo,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
here is my mGba.ini
[PLUGIN]
magic=56425854
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=vbagx
fileTypes=.gba
romDir=vbagx/roms/GBA
dolFile=retroarch-wii/mgba_libretro_wii.dol
bannerSound=GBA.ogg
displayname=mgba
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
rompartition=1

Reactions: Hakaisha

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mgba and vbax-next may possibly be sharing the same magic number in their ini files. If you have no plans to use vbax-next, delete its ini file and reload cache on your next attempt. Also note that Tetsuo's provided ini file is loading gba games from USB. Delete the line rompartition=1 if you are loading them from SD. If you are loading them from USB, keep this line in the ini file.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took power nap and i removed vbagx_next and the rompartition1 has removed another issue now is no roms found !

All-set now got the roms found i made mistake in plugin line fileTypes=..gba/.zip so i change it to fileTypes=.gba|.zip Thanks

@Hakaisha now gba keep boot me out when i click on game to play and it boot me out to wii menu

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the dol possibly isn't being found properly and therefore not booting, then reverting to the Wii menu. Confirm that your dolFile= is named properly in the plugin ini. Make sure its name matches your mgba dol file in the plugins folder.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the dol possibly isn't being found properly and therefore not booting, then reverting to the Wii menu. Confirm that your dolFile= is named properly in the plugin ini. Make sure its name matches your mgba dol file in the plugins folder.

which retroarch-wii should the mgba_libertro_wii.dol shoud be in?? there is 2 file one is in apps/retroarch-wii and one in wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you confirm that your dol file is exactly named mgba_libretro_wii.dol? Placed in SD:/wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii? Most plugins are usually found in just plugins/, whereas this one specifically is placed in its own retroarch folder within plugins/.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you confirm that your dol file is exactly named mgba_libretro_wii.dol? Placed in SD:/wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii? Most plugins are usually found in just plugins/, whereas this one specifically is placed in its own retroarch folder within plugins/.
there was no mgba_libretro_wii.dol in wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii but there is one in apps/retroarch-wii so is it safe to move it in wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

retroarch is out dated its on 1.7.0. gonna download newer retroarch it is running fine now but some games not function because of out dated 1.7.0. i believe now it is 1.8.0 or higher thanks

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was no mgba_libretro_wii.dol in wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii but there is one in apps/retroarch-wii so is it safe to move it in wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii ?

Do not move, but Copy the mgba_libretro_wii.dol you found in apps to wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii.

You could alternatively reroute your ini to look for the dol file in your apps by using dolFile=apps/retroarch-wii

Also, if you find retroarch setup to be too cumbersome/time consuming, I would recommend using the standalone mGBA app as your GBA plugin. It works just as well, although it doesn't have custom border support.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not move, but Copy the mgba_libretro_wii.dol you found in apps to wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii.

You could alternatively reroute your ini to look for the dol file in your apps by using dolFile=apps/retroarch-wii

Also, if you find retroarch setup to be too cumbersome/time consuming, I would recommend using the standalone mGBA app as your GBA plugin. It works just as well, although it doesn't have custom border support.
yeah i noticed i want one with border and the screen is stretched blurry i want to see it sharp in border which have one??

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch has custom resolution and border support. Standalone mGBA has no border support, no custom resolution, but the image can be stretched/centered/filtered/etc.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch has custom resolution and border support. Standalone mGBA has no border support, no custom resolution, but the image can be stretched/centered/filtered/etc.

yeah i dont really like using retroarch its like u have to get out game 3 steps close the game then exit the retroarch i prefer just hit home once to get out back to WiiFlow so Im thinking im gonna try use vbagx im looking in wiidatabase emulators to see which best gba emulators with borders thank you

Reactions: Hakaisha

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi guys

In Wiiflow features (and wiki), is it possible to highlight compatibility with ext2 and ext3 filesystems, but not with recent ext4?​

Last edited by kimotori,

Demetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
@fledge68 Monday today and cant wait to compile me a fresh wiiflow with the latest devkitppc.
Can you checkout a new branch and commit & push the fixes there if possible? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Demetris,

SoulSpawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimpathy and SoulSpawn, Would this item help to you?

Ref to https://github.com/timembedded/bluemsx-wii 's #19 of pull requests.

==============================================================
Because the 2nd wiimote works as same as 1st wiimote, 1 Player in game is controlled by both 1st and 2nd wiimote,
but 2 Player in game is not controlled by any wiimote

This problem is caused by ignoring channel information in handling WPAD input
==============================================================

and then please see the attached compile file. (compiled by beingbee)

Thanks DDinghoya! Hopefully it could be used by Wiimpathy to be used with Wiiflow. What I enjoy most of his version is the ability to select 240p resolution!

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WIIFLOW 5.4.2beta compiled with the latest divkitppc, libogc, libfat, and devkitpro portlibs.

Downloads:

binaries (dol, bins, and images) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8b62pei680myb5/wf5.4.2beta_binaries.zip/file
Note if you have not already downloaded and installed wiiflow 5.4.1 please do so before installing these binaries. these are meant as replacements for the ones you already have. you will need to override when copying.

source code - http://www.mediafire.com/file/fjggtixe0k1z7q9/wf5.4.2beta_source.zip/file
This is source code with the diff already applied.

source diff - http://www.mediafire.com/file/wkzegatz8fh0jrb/wf5.4.2beta_diff.zip/file
This file will show you all the changes of code and files deleted or added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the non coders:
you will just need the binaries download. I tested some today. everything works fine no issues. but i did not test downloading covers or other downloads. and not all plugins were tested. last time i compiled with devkitppc r33 we had issues with dosbox plugin not working.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For coders or those that just want to compile wiiflow:
I use Windows 10. so these instructions will pertain to Windows. linux and osx users I'm sure you will be able to figure it out.

1. Download the source code zip above and extract it to your sources folder
Make one if you don't have one.

2. Get devkitPro, devkitPPC, libogc, and libfat
If you already have a devkitpro folder set up then you will need to rename your devkitpro folder to devkitpro_old for example.
Follow directions here - https://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started to download and install devkitppc r35-2, libogc 1.8.23-1, and libfat 1.1.4-1 among other files needed by devkitpro.The windows updater v3.0.3 will not give you options to download these files but will instead let you choose what console or handheld system you would like to develop for. Obviously choose wii developement for wiiflow.
The updater will download and install msys2 and then it will use msys2 to download and install the necessary files via pacman.

when its done you should have a c:/devkitpro folder.

3. download and install the necessary portlibs for wiiflow
Instructions can be found here - https://devkitpro.org/wiki/devkitPro_pacman and scroll down to USING PACMAN.
For windows users you will need to start msys2. launch MSYS from:
  • Windows 7 and earlier: Start -> All Programs -> devkitPro -> MSYS
  • Windows 8 and 8.1: Right click on the Start screen and select 'All Apps'. You should find MSYS there.
  • Windows 10 (pre-Anniversary Update): Start -> All Apps -> devkitPro -> MSYS
  • Windows 10 (post-Anniversary Update): Start -> devkitPro -> MSYS
type pacman -Sl
thats a lower case L after the capital S
to see a list of libs and etc that are available. it marks those already installed and shows version numbers.

to install a lib you will need to type pacman -S <lib name>
any other libs required will also be downloaded and installed.
these libs will be installed in c:/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc

So the libs wiiflow needs are:
ppc-freetype 2.9.1-2 (ppc-bzip2 1.0.6-2 should be included)
ppc-libjpeg-turbo 1.5.3-4
ppc-libpng 1.6.34-1 (ppc-zlib 1.2.11-1 should be included)
ppc-libvorbisidec 1.2.1-2 (ppc-libogg 1.3.3-2 should be included)

you will also need:
ppc-pkg-config 0.28-3
pkg-config 0.29.2-1 (found under msys2)
pkgfile 21-1 (found under msys2)

These pkg-config files are used for getting the portlibs to link properly when compiling wiiflow.
The link here explains this - https://devkitpro.org/wiki/portlibs

I added the appropriate commands here in makefile.main:

CFLAGS = -g -ggdb -O2 -Wall -Wextra $(MACHDEP) $(INCLUDE) -D_GNU_SOURCE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H `freetype-config --cflags` `powerpc-eabi-pkg-config vorbisidec --cflags`

LIBS := `freetype-config --libs` `powerpc-eabi-pkg-config vorbisidec --libs` -lvorbisidec -lwolfssl -lcustomfat -lcustomntfs -lcustomext2fs -lpng -lturbojpeg -lm -lz -lwiiuse -lwupc -lwiidrc -lbte -lasnd -logc -lfreetype -lmad -lsicksaxis

4. Compile wiiflow. I use Programmers NotePad. thats what the pnproj and pnps files are for. under tools you can make or make clean.
Or you can use msys2 but you will need to use the cd command to change to the directory containing wiiflows makefile and type make
Or some people use ms visual studio.

Last edited by fledge68,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@fledge68 I've tried your new version. It doesn't download covers.
I tried deleting a cover for a VC game, reload cache, then tried to re-download it.
The bar loads but it says 0 cover downloaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1