Homebrew Wiiflow Lite Banner Collection for Plugins (with control mappings)

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As you may know, Wiiflow Lite has among its features the ability to display Banners for plugins.
I know that it would be impossible to make banners for every emulated game, since there are thousands of them, so I made a small collection of Banners for games that have particular control mappings, to be able to have some kind of reference for playing them.
These are simple static banners, some of them have sound.
Apr-23-2018-12h28m58s.png Apr-23-2018-12h29m09s.png
For each plugin I created 2 separate sets: one for 4:3 and one for 16:9, so that the image won't be distorted on any TV screen.

Instructions: Banners are going into wiiflow/custom_banners/[plugin coverfolder name].
[plugin coverfolder name] must be changed to match the name of the cover folder of your plugins
i.e. if your Dosbox cover folder is 'wiiflow/boxcovers/Dosbox-wii' banners are going to 'wiiflow/custom_banners/Dosbox-wii'

Download Banner folder
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/kqw7c16bbsa8k/banners

(To play the Dos games you will need .map and .conf files from this thread)
Alley Cat
Alone in the Dark
Another World
Bio Menace
Commander Keen 4
Commander Keen 5
Commander Keen 6
Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion
Epic Pinball
Eye of the Beholder
Eye of the Beholder 2
Eye of the Beholder 3
Flashback
Jazz Jackrabbit
Lemmings
Lemmings 2
Monster Bash
Moonstone
Pinball Dream Deluxe
Pinball Fantasies
Prehistorik 2
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia 2
Skyroads
Soccer Kid
Superfrog
Turrican 2
Ultima Underworld
Ultima Underworld 2
Ultima VI
Ultima VII part 1
Ultima VII part 2
Ultima VIII
Wolfenstein 3D
X-Wing
Zeliard
Zool

CREDITS:
@fledge68 for Wiiflow Lite, @kaisersozeh for giving me the idea

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

coraline2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hola Tetsuo Shima, si no es mucha molestia tendras los banners para fceugx? O enseñame como modificarlos yo mismo. De antemano muchas gracias!

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@coraline2 these are just banner for individual plugin games to be used with wiiflow.
I don't have banners for standard emulators, maybe you should try to look here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mastershoes-emu-forwarder-collection-2nd-edition.309678/

or you can read Abz's tutorials to learn how to edit existing ones (scroll down the 1st post to the Tutorials section, particularly tutorial 7)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/

I hope I have been helpful:)

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

coraline2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tetsuo Shima disculpame tal vez no me explique bien pero necesito que dentro de wiiflow se visualizen los juegos de NES con su respectivo banner, ojala pudieras subir tambien ese tipo de banners.....

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@coraline2 Sorry for the late response, I totally missed your last post. Next time tag me with @Tetsuo Shima or reply to my message so that I can get a notification:) My thread is not very popular and quickly goes out from page 1, so I always forget to check it out. I apologize.

Unfortunately making wii banners requires a lot of work from me and I Just made these ones for Dosbox games to let people know the keys that I mapped on the wii controller, for a selection of favourite Dos games (see the dosbox thread in my sign). Then I did the same thing for my Eduke32 plugin and then for prboom.
The NES has a huge library of games, it would be really impossible for me to take the time to do all of them, or even some of them.

But there's one other simpler possibility that I'm personally waiting for: the ability for Wiiflow Lite to show simple images in place of banners, only for plugin games. This feature is not possible at the moment, but there are chances that it may be added in future releases of Wiifow Lite.

Reactions: Hakaisha

KyleK87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, when I'm home, I'll send it to you later.
Awesome Thanks! I want to add a few other games like Dark Ages, Secret Agent, Crystal Caves, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Commander Keen triilogy, Duke Nukem 1 & 2, Hocus Pocus a few other games. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can map these out or if there is maybe a list to point out which button is which in the map files so that I could map out controls and share them? Also find Box covers for the games that have none :)

Reactions: cheloruiz79

Pawel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello and I'm sorry if I write wrong :) Is it possible to upload the Banner Collection to another server, eg mega, etc. to be able to download the whole thing easier, mediafire demands premium if it wants to download everything.
All right, all files successfully downloaded :)

Last edited by Pawel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi