Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks a lot, I knew about using "B" button on wiimote to choose more than one source button (wiimote only without nunchuck). If I press + button it go to the next page of the source menu :S

I would greatly appreciate that someday we could merged wii+gc or wii/gc+plugins.

Meanwhile I would like to ask if anyone knows how to display a GAMECUBE game without having the iso on the HDD to save space, I want to do this with games that are not compatible with DM (audio streaming). But having the .iso in the HDD is a waste of space, so I want only show them on wiiflow and put a mark on their covers indicating that I should insert the disc for example.
Use some of my plugins. I have plugins for both Wii and GC games that you could then mix with other consoles like N64. In particular, the GX Crap Autoboot plugin can do both Wii and GC games by itself.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/

Reactions: ToddofWar420

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like to comment on momin's last remark with 3 points/questions.

1. external usb drives these days are big, a GC game is at most 1.4 GB, i don't see a problem with space, unless you are hoarding games..but who does that nowadays?
2. Why would you want to display them if you don't have the game ready, it would only be confusing..to wiiflow users that is, most people have a simple setup.
3. if you have the disc and can play the game from disc, why you even want the game in cover flow anyway? Again i think this will cause a lot of confusion, see also point 2.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something that would be nice, however, is if you have a problem gamecube game in the coverflow and have the disc for that game inserted, it would launch the game from the disc.

ccuevasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have seen the new spanish.ini file (r950). It's ok, but you have "fixed" a Word that was correct before:

Line 74: "cfgg14=Parchar video", should be "cfgg14=Parchear video"
Line 102: "cfgg4=Parchar frases de país", should be "cfgg4=Parchear frases de país"

Reactions: Maxternal

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Something that would be nice, however, is if you have a problem gamecube game in the coverflow and have the disc for that game inserted, it would launch the game from the disc.

uhm you know theres a button in the bottom right for booting games from disc right?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhm you know theres a button in the bottom right for booting games from disc right?
Yes, I am aware. But it does not tell you which disc is in at the moment. My point was it would be neat if the game in the drive could be booted through coverflow, and be able to use cheats as well. Not that I'm trying to make a big deal out of it. Just a thought.:sleep:

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I am aware. But it does not tell you which disc is in at the moment. My point was it would be neat if the game in the drive could be booted through coverflow, and be able to use cheats as well. Not that I'm trying to make a big deal out of it. Just a thought.:sleep:
Uhh? You put the disc in there right? Or do you leave it in for a long time and forget about it? :wacko:
About the cheat thing though, it might be nice to have but you prolly can't patch a game on disc on the fly :huh:

Ayatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have seen the new spanish.ini file (r950). It's ok, but you have "fixed" a Word that was correct before:

Line 74: "cfgg14=Parchar video", should be "cfgg14=Parchear video"
Line 102: "cfgg4=Parchar frases de país", should be "cfgg4=Parchear frases de país"

If you have a better translation, proposes here: http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/issues/detail?id=25

Remember another missing line:
Code:
cfgbt4=USB Port

Naughty devs who forget to update english.ini when they add the translatable elements.:whip:

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh? You put the disc in there right? Or do you leave it in for a long time and forget about it? :wacko:
About the cheat thing though, it might be nice to have but you prolly can't patch a game on disc on the fly :huh:

That would be the scenario, yes. Not sure why not, gecko does it, don't both use ocarina?

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Use some of my plugins. I have plugins for both Wii and GC games that you could then mix with other consoles like N64. In particular, the GX Crap Autoboot plugin can do both Wii and GC games by itself.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/

Thank you very much! I didn't see your thread before, very usefull and It helps me with my problem. Keep up the good work!

1. external usb drives these days are big, a GC game is at most 1.4 GB, i don't see a problem with space, unless you are hoarding games..but who does that nowadays?
2. Why would you want to display them if you don't have the game ready, it would only be confusing..to wiiflow users that is, most people have a simple setup.
3. if you have the disc and can play the game from disc, why you even want the game in cover flow anyway? Again i think this will cause a lot of confusion, see also point 2.

Well, I see it very useful to have all my games, even those that are not supported. Because if not, I'm not going to remember those games that are on my shelf. I would like to use wiiflow for all.

I ask this because I thought it was easier this way than having to do something more complex. But what would be really good is that wiiflow tell me when I go to play a game which is not compatible, that I should insert the disk that corresponds to that particular game in order to play it.

In this way I will not forget my shelf games and I can see them all in wiiflow, even my friends and family

I really like your idea. That might tell you that the game is not supported at all, if you want more compatibility insert the appropriate disc before playing. But hey, that's why I think it's a pretty big job and may not be the priority for developers

Meanwhile Wiiflow continues to progress and every day is more incredible. :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DM doesn't work with USB drives > 2TB or rather those with non-512 byte low level sectors (all 3+TB drives). If that was fixed I would love to use it for my ultra large (hoarding) collection :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
If I press + button it go to the next page of the source menu :S

I would greatly appreciate that someday we could merged wii+gc or wii/gc+plugins.
You CAN merge them, if "+" is not combining sources it's because your not using the latest WiiFlow in which case you can point and click "B" on the source buttons u want to combine.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@fix-added a special signature check for modified hdds to skip the wiiu format
asking" What does this mean?

jayjay123 basically created a way to slightly modify your hdd partition so the wiiu (and every other os) cant read it anymore, its just a very little change, the change I made there in wiiflow allows wiiflow to detect that modification and read it in as a normal hdd. He'll post some more information abou that change later.

edit:
Thanks to some bug reports, here is r957, I hope the language downloader works perfect now:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/boot_r957.7z

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there will be an update to the plugin pack any time soon? Everytime I run the snes9xgx plugin and go to menu, it prompts me to update. Updating does not update the wiiflow plugin, so it will continue to do this. If an update isn't on its way, is there a way to prevent it from asking to update every time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica