Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't change that
I'm sorry, I thought that was included in "other small probs" along with the user in Nand Emulation Settings. Ayatus fixed that in his mod above. Not trying to be a dick, honest.

One more thing I feel I should mention, with HQ covers on, Custom banners are hit and miss. Sometimes they show up, other times you go back to a game and you get the default banner. Also, and it may be due to a lack of understanding on my part, but the cover buffer isn't working well on HQ. I went from 20 to 40 to 80, and there doesn't seem to be any change. The source menu is all good though! :)

KesanGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use WiiFlow, it doesn't detect most of my games. In fact, it only detects one whereas I have 6 on the NTFS HDD in the wbfs folder and CFG Loader and USB Loader GX detect them all. Why might this be the case?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I use WiiFlow, it doesn't detect most of my games. In fact, it only detects one whereas I have 6 on the NTFS HDD in the wbfs folder and CFG Loader and USB Loader GX detect them all. Why might this be the case?
Wiiflow does not detect the games automatically (this choice was made to keep it running fast).
You need to reload cache manually...(menu under the home button)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, thanks! Will do.

Tried it, WiiFlow now works but crashes to a black screen while loading games.
Which version are you using and do you have it on an NTFS/FAT32 volume /partitions and are you using an SD card?

You can try deleting the wiiflow.ini file in your apps/wiiflow folder. Sometimes that helps particularly if you are upgrading from an old version.

KesanGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version are you using and do you have it on an NTFS/FAT32 volume /partitions and are you using an SD card?

You can try deleting the wiiflow.ini file in your apps/wiiflow folder. Sometimes that helps particularly if you are upgrading from an old version.

I believe I'm using 4.1.1. I'm trying to load from an NTFS HDD. I'll try deleting the ini and see if that helps.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, problems with all three main loaders? (yes i follow all the loader topics)
Looks more and more to be a problem with the USB hard drive... maybe you should try what Cyan suggested KesanGun..

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drakorex try this - http://www.mediafire.com/?e7in2ckt0w2osz7

fix for wad user labels and added for boot menu

edit: also using HQ covers isn't recommended. the fix for the source menu is just a work around. the HQ coverflow still has some memory issue.
Works great, thanks! now I can update all my themes. This feels like a winner! As for the explorer, the only thing I can think to suggest is it would be nice if it returned to the page with the folder you entered, when you go up1.

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiiflow recognizes my emunand games, but if I try play a game, wiiflow load it==>black screen and return automatically to wiiflow. Using neeko2 channel all them work fine.

In wiiflow, I load in default options, I have seen about try the load mode "neek2o" but in the last wiiflow version I can't see this option.

Is there any way to modify trough wiiflow.ini?

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
I solved my problems of before.

I've noticed wiiflow problem when selecting sources with "+" button. If you select GC or Wii + only one pluggin but not in the first page of the source_menu, then you wont see the games corresponding to that pluggin.

for example: I select Wii in the first page of the source_menu and press "+" on gameboy plugging in the second page of the source menu. The result is that only Wii games will be shown ^^

edit: about the problem I had when loading a vc/wiiware game:
First of all i need the SD inserted, I thought it was not necessary. Why I need SD inserted? I have bootmii as boot2.
Second, I need run the wiiware games with B+A button, otherwise after black screen it return to wiiflow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hide a dictionary in your sleeve