Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a load of the orchid source, it looks great! One thing though, can we agree on a standard naming convention? Abz and Mastershoes use plugin/pluginb, but these use plugin/plugins.
Also Sega_CD vs megacd etc. would be better if the plugins were interchangeable so the same source ini can be used

Ayatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I published for the first time the StarNight's source menu, there was no naming convention.
In France, we say Megadrive and Mega-CD.
It isn't possible to use the same ini file because the emuflow for some covers types are different from one theme to another.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the trick needed to where when I change the theme, it also changes the source menu icons to match up? I think I want to work on that for abit if I can..
Thanks.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the trick needed to where when I change the theme, it also changes the source menu icons to match up? I think I want to work on that for abit if I can..
Thanks.
in your wiiflow/source_menu/ folder make a subfolder the same name as the theme folder and put all the source images and the ini in there.

momin thanks for the info about the source menu - i think i know what the problem is

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a load of the orchid source, it looks great! One thing though, can we agree on a standard naming convention? Abz and Mastershoes use plugin/pluginb, but these use plugin/plugins.

It's not so much an issue anymore with the naming convention like it used to be.. as fledge mentions here, at least you can add a new source_menu.ini per theme if you use seperate folders for the source menu buttons, so if you're using one of the great themes/source menu's put together by mamule and ayatus with different names, it really shouldn't matter. Set it up once, and it should be good everytime you switch themes... Well, i guess you still gotta set it up once, but if you go with the included ini you'd be good! :P On the flip side, if you want to maintain the same source menu setup (order) it would probably be easier to have the same naming convention, and I'd be happy to adapt to anything that would be considered "official".. but i also have no problem with renaming things as long as i only have to do it once!

That is an awesome & brilliant feature btw! :) I just started setting all of mine up, and it's soo nice not having to manually swap out sets! Really adds some extra juice to the 'flow. Many thanks for the continued improvements!!
in your wiiflow/source_menu/ folder make a subfolder the same name as the theme folder and put all the source images and the ini in there.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I' be been raving about it for the longest :P Now all we need is maxternal to update his app to make it compatible to edit current source menu setups and were golden. drakorex
It isn't possible to use the same ini file because the emuflow for some covers types are different from one theme to another.
As Mastershoes said the naming convention and different emuflows per theme won't be a problem with subfolder source menu support once it's setup. I actually had everything already setup this way in the past then changed now gotta change it back *_* but all is well cuz it works lovely.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
about the problem I had when loading a vc/wiiware game:
First of all i need the SD inserted, I thought it was not necessary. Why I need SD inserted? I have bootmii as boot2.
Second, I need run the wiiware games with B+A button, otherwise after black screen it return to wiiflow.
hi momin, is this happening with a theme other then the default? i seem to bump on the same problem atm, looking for an explanation.

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
hi momin, is this happening with a theme other then the default? i seem to bump on the same problem atm, looking for an explanation.

I am using Carbonic theme.

Because of what you said just try to change to Orchid theme and run fine! Thanks! I think default theme will work too.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if themes like orange, green, grnnv, and violet will be updated? If not, I'll have to update them myself. I may need help from an artistically proficient individual with making new buttons.

Reactions: MassiveRican

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
965 running smoothly here Wii/GC/WW/VC and HB using both Default and Carbonik Abz theme.
Which version of Carbonik are you using?

Can you please try this dol: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7mwahmptydt0z1/boot.dol

Does anyone know if themes like orange, green, grnnv, and violet will be updated? If not, I'll have to update them myself. I may need help from an artistically proficient individual with making new buttons.

This night I have some free time and try both! ;)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying this out now using r963. The source menu button is on top of exit to and credits. File Explorer is behind everything.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, r8, the one you just posted. I downloaded the english version. Home menu buttons are on top of each other. Also the Language button on page 2 of global settings isn't the right size. The covers and banners in game settings is off as well. Your file explorer doesn't have a background either. And the titles for everything are a bit high. (they're supposed to be inside the black bar at the top, aren't they?) Not trying to complain or criticize, just trying to be helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy