Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did you do a clean install delete your wiiflow.ini and the cache folder
recheck your plugin.inis
if none of this helps you, you will need to get help from someone that knows alittle more than me :P
sorry man i tried

No problem. But thanks a lot for the help. ^^
I already did a clean install. -.-

Here is my ini:

[PLUGIN]
magic=46434D4D
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=NES
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif
romDir=games/NES/roms
dolFile=retroarch-wii/fceumm.dol
bannerSound=
displayname=Nintendo Entertainment System
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}

Edit:
I am using wiiflow rev766.
Unfortunately genesis 1.7.1 plugin doesn't work either (always codedump). -.-

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Wiiflow 4.0.3
Here's my Sega .ini and it works no prob.

[PLUGIN]
magic=53454741
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=Sega Genesis
fileTypes=.gen|.md
romDir=wiiflow/plugins/genplusgx/Genesis
dolFile=genplusgx-mod5.dol
bannerSound=sega.ogg
displayname=Genesis
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Wooohaa!! We're back baby!!! Man I missed you guys so much :cry: Honestly I couldn't even pass by IRC this week since been mega busy moving my gf out of my house so somehow things worked out but I was still bored as shit throughout most of my work day.

Beautiful, now that I got that off my chest and I say hello everyone and hope all is good in the world, we can get down to some WiiFlow business. @fix94 I recently realized with one of Mastershoes uploads (which include his ultimately awesome Source Menu Reference table) that the mednafen_pce.ini and Mplayer_CE.ini both have the same magic# 4D504345. Maybe an update to pluginpack v6.1 for a quick fix. While on the plugin pack subject maybe we could get a genplusgx-mod6.dol with an update to genplusgx 1.71, with full CD support now for Sega CD :creep: All in due time I'm sure, just really looking forward to that (Lunar here I come).

Beyond that amazing work with 4.0.3, things are running smooth as butter. I completely deleted my cache Fix to test out your new list/caching code and see how things went and it was very impressive. I had all the plugins in one folder and using the source menu it built the cache 1 by 1, didn't skip a single cover it shouldn't have, everything went great for every system except for the occasional random hang with no codedump, not sure if it's my HDD or not but it seems to just freeze every once in a while (even when not bulding cache), I simply did a manual reload (B+Home twice) every couple of hundred covers and all went well it was a bit slower than before however but much more stable and reliable which is the most important. I have MS 32 button emuflow setup working like a charm and all in all I'm loving life with WF.

Only feature request I can make for the future right now is on the fly NAND switching but most importantly support for emulators custom_titles.ini, sorry I'll stop buggin u about that if you say no it can't be done lol.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's good to be back and I'm loving the 4.0.3. But I came across a few issues and I'm not sure if it's just bugs or my HDD. Sometimes when I change plugins, let's say I change from Wii games (USB/Partiton 2) to WiiWare (USB/Partiton 1) It'll load just fine. But when I wanna change back to Wii games it can't read/find USB/Partiton 1. The same thing happens sometimes with my Gamecube games which are on the same partiton. I never have a problem with it reading the roms which are all on SD card. Usually to fix this, I just reset the Wii. I deleted the cache folder once I changed from 4.0.2 beta and redid the whole thing. (exhausted afterwards lol) Anybody got the same problem or is it just me?

I also found that Wiiflow isn't making some banners when I went and redid them so I had to use the ones from a previous version and they still work.
the 3 out of 4 that I can remember are: Rock Band, Tom Clancy's HAWK 2, Naruto: Dragon Blade.. there's another one but can't remember off hand. All are NTSC.
If anybody has the Tom Clancy's HAWK 2 banner (RTAE41.bnr) Plz send me a copy or something. I would be forever grateful.
Thanks.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The newest build is 4.0.3, its even newer than r773.
btw @all, I'll continue working on wiiflow as soon as I have the time for it again, school is more important atm.

I am surprised about the revision.
Wiiflow displays r766 which is older than r773.

Anyway I will try the newest build.
Crossing fingers for the school. :)

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's crazy.
I tried the genesis plus gx with wiiflow 4.0.3. But I am getting always a black screen with code dump (and I dunno why -__-):

4h55ciwhx7cl.jpg

I am using following scenario:
- USB HDD with 2 partitions (partition 1 fat32 for gamecube, partition 2 ntfs for wiiflow)
- SD Card (roms and apps)
- Default plugin ini points to sd card with the roms

I also tried a clean install without success.
All other emulators like snesgx mod, fceu gx mod, mednafen, etc. are working perfectly.
Only genesis gx and retroarch (blackscreen) have problems.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can i find this Sega CD .dol plugin that supports music? I got one from the plugin pack but it's only works on a few games. I looked here and on DU (Yes I'm on the dark side thanks to a friend on here) and I had no luck. Can someone please point me to the right direction? Thanks.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Where can i find this Sega CD .dol plugin that supports music? I got one from the plugin pack but it's only works on a few games. I looked here and on DU (Yes I'm on the dark side thanks to a friend on here) and I had no luck. Can someone please point me to the right direction? Thanks.
code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/ right there.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Guys give my jumbo pack a try, it has all plugins in v6 + 2 more for FBA and Saturn and both basic and advanced plugin inis setup, all work well here you only need to double check the rom path in the ini files and you're ready to rumble.

Previews here: WiiFlow 4.0.3-mod Jumbo_Plus_Pack
Download here: (DOWNLOAD)

Reactions: DaveZ_227451

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well unless you or your friend mastershoes learns to code, your'e out of luck. fix94 hasnt made a genplus-gx 1.7.1 plugin yet(which is what youre looking for) hes been busy with school. you can use the regular 1.7.1 .dol in the meantime, but its only going to bring up the genplus menu and not load the rom.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Custom missing cover support is here :P Thannnnks Fledge68 (awesome update)

Next step:
update carbonik abz to final version
finalize the magic numbers and correct the duplicate ones
update plugin inis with new oggs (thanks mastershoes)
Make a jumbo-plus update or a new one :)

meantime all missing covers are already in the jumbo pack+ and should be moved to wiiflow\boxcovers folder
and the theme ini file edited accordingly

check this for more help: http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/source/detail?r=776

later :)

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was thinking about trying out WiiFlow as a replacement to GX as WiiFlow automatically detects my HDD, while GX hangs and requires me to unplug/replug.

So, whenever start WiiFlow, everything looks fine and I see all my games, however when I actually run one, it just blackscreens and then returns me to the HBC.

It's not a problem for GX to load my games, and my HDD seems to be in working order as well (I tested with various HDDs). My Wii is softmodded with 249 and 250, both being d2x.

I tried manually setting the IOS to load in my game setting for Fortune Street (this was the game I used for testing, it does the same for every game) to 249 and to 250, and it still just blacks out.

Is there something else I should be doing?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed awesome update Fledge68, highly appreciated.

Fix94 I think I found another bug, I just need anyone to confirm, Mastershoes has been uploading several requests for full cover WW/VC to gametdb, but whenever I try to d/load covers in emunand view it doesn't d/load any covers. It doesn't matter if I do a global "d/load missing" or if I choose to d/load an individual cover. However for Wii games it d/loads w/o a problem. If you get a chance can you check that out? I know it's not an internet connection issue either cuz I can go on Netflix before or after I launch WiiFlow.

Edit: Using WiiFlow 4.0.3 Final. Sometimes it get's stuck during "initializing network".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried