Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup Budd all Emu's R USB If i load thru HBC they show up in Menu fine.....Nothing in Wiiflow
Im using Scummvm 1.3 not sure if its updated or not Everything is working fine
See if it works with the new r253 please :P

Forgive my Laziness Budd could u upload please :bow: Again Awesome with the quickness

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple question, since the emulators implementation doesn't seem nintendo specific now (Scummvm, Sega) : Is the goal to implement all emulators ? I mean even the less known or popular systems like Amstrad, Atari ST, Intellivision ?
If it's the case, it's great but a huge task. It's just about 30 emulators to modify and their possible future revisions (Genplus-gx), but, well ok Wii's almost over.
Anyway, thanks to all devs implied here and on the advanced one.
The best way would be to implement loading parameters into the emulators that launch a game cleanly and exit back to the launching app. Then convince each emulator to add the code to there trees. The emulator exit screens should credit the emulator and allow the option to stay in the emulator.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2uoet.jpg
icon i use now for HB. simple an lets people know, dml is part of it.
Good god, why the mean attitude? Maybe you should spend some time with Photoshop and contribute instead of disparaging someone else for making an effort.

Reactions: 1 person

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz, that logo is not that bad, I like it. Yes, it's better than Abdallah's logo, but I wouldn't call it trash either, it's just an overdone logo.

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like them both, by overdone, I meant abdallah's, He was trigger happy with the gloss and 3D which I think wouldn't look that great on the Wii. I like the gradient you got going there on the GCN logo and great choice of colors. maybe some shadows or a small reflection, like the original wiiflow logo, might help.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, getting back on track with what this thread's main purpose is, (at least I think) I have a couple suggestions about how to make wiiflow better. First, the emus are a great addition, and are coming along nicely, but I think it would greatly benefit by enabling categories in emu view. It'd really help until Fix gets the game/emu grouping sorted out.

Another thing I'm wondering about, is when the box dimensions are applied, What about games from other regions, or people who just like the covers from other regions better? For example, alot of japanese N64 boxes, from what I've seen are taller than they are wide. Will this be a problem?

Also, is there anyone dedicated to converting currently existing themes? As of now, I only have two or three converted, and that was before the emu addition. I've kind of given up on it because I have alot of other stuff to fiddle with right now.

Also, Fix, I was wondering why you didn't mod wiisx at the same time you did Wii64. They appear to be similar, so I would think the coding would be as well, for the return function and whatnot, though I may be wrong.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hot tip:
Currently I had a nice idea to filter all my roms, works nicely until the devs add a filter. All u need is a batch file renamer:
Add same prefix to roms of the same feather, I use 64_ for Nint-64, GEN_ for Sega Genesis, BOY_ for Gameboy, SNES_ NES- ....etc... (just make sure each prefix has a different first letter)
then delete your old cache file or rebuild the cache.
Use B button + up or down to quickly go from one Emulator to another (by moving from one letter to the next)

You can get the batch renamer from here : http://www.mediafire.com/?v4za52fad9p8c4p
Or from my uploads folder (in my signature)

Enjoy your sorted roms :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, getting back on track with what this thread's main purpose is, (at least I think) I have a couple suggestions about how to make wiiflow better. First, the emus are a great addition, and are coming along nicely, but I think it would greatly benefit by enabling categories in emu view. It'd really help until Fix gets the game/emu grouping sorted out.

Another thing I'm wondering about, is when the box dimensions are applied, What about games from other regions, or people who just like the covers from other regions better? For example, alot of japanese N64 boxes, from what I've seen are taller than they are wide. Will this be a problem?

Also, is there anyone dedicated to converting currently existing themes? As of now, I only have two or three converted, and that was before the emu addition. I've kind of given up on it because I have alot of other stuff to fiddle with right now.

Also, Fix, I was wondering why you didn't mod wiisx at the same time you did Wii64. They appear to be similar, so I would think the coding would be as well, for the return function and whatnot, though I may be wrong.
As soon as we have some standard db for the emulated games I will rework my category creation app so it can parse out the category info. Not sure if they are going to expand the WiiTDB/GameTDB xml to account for the emuated games or create a separate one but either way I will get the data into however Fix/team wants it. If it ends up being a EMUCategories.ini file analogous to the Categories.ini they could probably reuse much of the existing category code or better yet just a section [EMUCATEGORIES]? in the Categories.ini with whatever unique identified to represent each game. We may want a separate [EMUGENERAL] section to define the category names for emulation as they may very well be different than the main game categories.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, here they are - wiiflow theme pack updated to work with wiiflow mod wip r245+ which includes the new emulator plugins view

http://www.mediafire.com/?geg0zevcu5tysz0

sorry it took so long but I've been having problems with wiiflow - certain games cause a dsi exception error when i select them and wiiflow changes view to selected game view. seems to be worse when i use my ntfs partition.

anyway i added emu icons and brought back game titles and edited violet so the text and buttons aren't so big. enjoy!

Reactions: 2 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
sorry it took so long but I've been having problems with wiiflow - certain games cause a dsi exception error when i select them and wiiflow changes view to selected game view. seems to be worse when i use my ntfs partition.
That sucks but sounds familiar. I think that happened (to me at least) when I updated the GameTDB database info (I think it's the "titles" button in the "download" section but I'm not near my Wii at the moment.) I might have been able to delete some cache manually to get it to work or something but I think I actually just went in and deleted the TDB files and just decided to do without if I remember right.

Edit : It was all the more motivation for me to work on my custom_titles.ini program.

VFCalado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I want to run wifflow if is possible through the usb properly. When I run the wiiflow from usb with the SD card inserted wiiflow will seek the path covers of the Sd and don't appears correctly.

Thanks advance

[/center]

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
okay, here they are - wiiflow theme pack updated to work with wiiflow mod wip r245+ which includes the new emulator plugins view

http://www.mediafire...geg0zevcu5tysz0

anyway i added emu icons and brought back game titles and edited violet so the text and buttons aren't so big. enjoy!

Awesome, Thanks for taking the time to update the themes, just one Q : the game synopsis is that left out on purpose, if so please add it again thanks :)

EDIT nvm about the Q it is the loader that is the issue, i use a none wii standard langauge for gametdb synopsis, so FIX94 if you see this please fix it, worked great before
i am on r253 btw

VFCalado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to run wifflow if is possible through the usb properly. When I run the wiiflow from usb with the SD card inserted wiiflow will seek the path covers of the Sd and don't appears correctly.

Thanks advance

PS: i have wiiflow auto-boot from priiloader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

http://www.mediafire...geg0zevcu5tysz0

Looks good. Are you gonna work on the other themes as well? There's some good ones on spiffy that I'd like to see updated. I also have a DBZ theme that's a work in progress, if anyone's interested.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks advance
I'd say the FIRST step is to make sure you don't have any other WiiFlow folders on the SD card, especially in the apps folder.

VFCalado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the SD is clean no folder inside. I think the problem is because i run Wiiflow with auto boot from priiloader (File installed).
If i run from HBC no problem.
If i run from priiloader (file instaled) and no SD inserted no problem.
But if i run from priiloader and SD inserted (and that's the way i want) that's cause the problem.

Thanks advance, Sory my poor English.

Thanks advance
I'd say the FIRST step is to make sure you don't have any other WiiFlow folders on the SD card, especially in the apps folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj