Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I download Wiiflow_Mod_svn_r256.zip?

Mods - is it ok to build and provide a link for this? The last one on google code is r239.

If you want to do it yourself you have to update to the latest version of devKitPro.

Yes Please :mthr: For whut ever reason when ive tried to compile i get StackDumps.......

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's waiting for Miigotu to announce a new feature hes implementing, so he can implement it first.
Here's a feature, music coverflow.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's waiting for Miigotu to announce a new feature hes implementing, so he can implement it first.
Here's a feature, music coverflow.
i think you got it the other way around. miigotu is waiting. there is already a user that takes code from here an implements it there ;).
an music with coverflow is already there.lol... you just have to add your own music. i don't like loaders that use the moders choice, i like my music. an like to add my own.
oh i think i know the new feature. it pays you to play.. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know I have a life :P I dont really wait for new features of miigotu, just that you know :P I was working and testing the current revs, and now its time to release a new one because it seems to work pretty good, r258 :)
Changes from r239 are that numcategories is re-added so you can have less than 20 categories if you want, re-added categories per view, added press 'B' on fav icon on game selected screen to go directly to game categories just like pressing 'B' on fav icon on main menu, moved 'All'. Added emulator plugins support, see Downloads for the current plugin pack, it has got a new coverflow, you can decide the casecolor, banner sound, dol file to use, and which filetypes the emulator supports in a separate ini file, you can also make your own mods of emulators if you want. The plugin pack contains at the current state fceugx, genplusgx, scummvm, snes9xgx, vbagx and wii64. Covers are also supported for them, they need to have the same name as the rom file, for example if you have "mario.nes", then the cover need to have the name "mario.nes.png". Also added a special wiiflow loader dol file in the plugin pack, it can boot wiiflow from everywhere, its enabled in the emulator plugin ini by default to use it. DML games compressed with GCReEx are also detected now, you can use them as regular ones, it will also find the games on sd card. PAL 480p video mode works properly now, thanks to the new libogc git.
Download via google code or wiiflow internal update as always.
On google code you can also get a plugins pack as said in the changelog above, I wrote where to move them too in the download description :)

Reactions: 4 people

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
The only qyestion a have is what dimensions are needed for emu covers, im guessing they differ from wii games as the actual boxes are different for each platform.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I have a life :P I dont really wait for new features of miigotu, just that you know :P I was working and testing the current revs, and now its time to release a new one because it seems to work pretty good, r258 :)
Changes from r239 are that numcategories is re-added so you can have less than 20 categories if you want, re-added categories per view, added press 'B' on fav icon on game selected screen to go directly to game categories just like pressing 'B' on fav icon on main menu, moved 'All'. Added emulator plugins support, see Downloads for the current plugin pack, it has got a new coverflow, you can decide the casecolor, banner sound, dol file to use, and which filetypes the emulator supports in a separate ini file, you can also make your own mods of emulators if you want. The plugin pack contains at the current state fceugx, genplusgx, scummvm, snes9xgx, vbagx and wii64. Covers are also supported for them, they need to have the same name as the rom file, for example if you have "mario.nes", then the cover need to have the name "mario.nes.png". Also added a special wiiflow loader dol file in the plugin pack, it can boot wiiflow from everywhere, its enabled in the emulator plugin ini by default to use it. DML games compressed with GCReEx are also detected now, you can use them as regular ones, it will also find the games on sd card. PAL 480p video mode works properly now, thanks to the new libogc git.
Download via google code or wiiflow internal update as always.
On google code you can also get a plugins pack as said in the changelog above, I wrote where to move them too in the download description :)
Thanks so much, this is awesome!

Regarding numcategories - I previously neeed to set numcategories to 2 greater than the actual number of categories. Has that been fixed?

Also what is the purpose of the new disc libs? Do they provide greater drive compatibility or allow support of 3TB or larger drives?

I'm going to compile r260 and play with it to see if I see anything different.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You use the new libogc I posted on google code?
I could get 260 to compile without a problem but when I tested it I get a screen that is mostly black but looks like a starfield and freezes instead of the Wiiflow ... starting up screen. Haven't tried erasing the ini's yet.

Went back to 258 and it loads fine now.

I am having a problem when trying to run emulated games. It asks for where the games are and I point it to the USB and it shows the WiiFlow ... startup screen and then freezes with 2 dots displayed. Tried it a couple of times with the same result. Should I try clearing my ini file or has anyone else had the same problem. Thanks.

Update: I deleted my .ini file and it ran the SNES/VBA games with no problem. However it is failing to return to the WiiFlow menu on exiting from the emulated game. And yes I did re-enable return to WiiFlow in the options after erasing the .ini and starting clean.

My wiiflow/plugins folder does contain the WiiFlowLoader.dol file.

I am running everything from USB (2TB FAT32).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried R258.....random freezing,StackDumps galore n sum partiotions not showing

when i switch to Emus i get Steack no matter whut EmuNand isnt showing anymore....i deleted all .ini's n replaced was working perfect on R251(except Scumm games)....????

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried R258.....random freezing,StackDumps galore n sum partiotions not showing

when i switch to Emus i get Steack no matter whut EmuNand isnt showing anymore....i deleted all .ini's n replaced was working perfect on R251(except Scumm games)....????
Did you compile it yourself? It is running games and allowing emulation access w/o a problem for me and I used the version on google.code. The only big problem I saw was from the old ini file. Currently I can't get emu games to return to WiiFlow but that's not nearly as bad as what you are experiencing. FWIW I am using d2xV8 final cIOS's. What are you using? Also are you running from a single FAT32 partition or do you have things split on SD/other partitions?

VFCalado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could get 260 to compile without a problem but when I tested it I get a screen that is mostly black but looks like a starfield and freezes instead of the Wiiflow ... starting up screen. Haven't tried erasing the ini's yet.

I am having a problem when trying to run emulated games. It asks for where the games are and I point it to the USB and it shows the WiiFlow ... startup screen and then freezes with 2 dots displayed. Tried it a couple of times with the same result. Should I try clearing my ini file or has anyone else had the same problem. Thanks.

Update: I deleted my .ini file and it ran the SNES/VBA games with no problem. However it is failing to return to the WiiFlow menu on exiting from the emulated game. And yes I did re-enable return to WiiFlow in the options after erasing the .ini and starting clean.

What .ini you erased? I have this s problem too, freeze in startup screen after select usb partition on emulator mode.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What .ini you erased? I have this s problem too, freeze in startup screen after select usb partition on emulator mode.
The wiiflow.ini file in the apps/wiiflow folder.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello and thanks everyone for all their enthusiasm and hard work. i'm a huge lover and follower of the latest iterations of wiiflow, but I've not kept up for a couple of months or so. i've just returned to the thread, and frankly, i'm a bit confused about the current file structure and latest config files etc.
Can i suggest a responsible adult starts anew thread for wiiflow Mod, opening with the file structure for covers, plugins etc. and perhaps links to the latest .ini's?

Just a snapshot of where we're at, moving forward type thing.

p.s. i really don't want to step on anyone's toes, just a suggestion from a fan.
p.p.s. really am loving your work.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello and thanks everyone for all their enthusiasm and hard work. i'm a huge lover and follower of the latest iterations of wiiflow, but I've not kept up for a couple of months or so. i've just returned to the thread, and frankly, i'm a bit confused about the current file structure and latest config files etc.
Can i suggest a responsible adult starts a new thread for wiiflow Mod, opening with the file structure for covers, plugins etc. and perhaps links to the latest .ini's?

Just a snapshot of where we're at, moving forward type thing.

p.s. i really don't want to step on anyone's toes, just a suggestion from a fan.
p.p.s. really am loving your work.
Can i suggest you don't use sentences like the one in red, you will only piss off people with this line.

That said, it could well be time to make a good setup and install wizard for wiiflow, i suggest putting it in the wiki page on the google code page, now the wiiflowiki page is part of Wiiflow advanced.
I was planning on doing it myself in the next month, but if somebody vollunteers for the job?

This Wiiflow topic however stays, it is already decided...

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled r260 without a problem but I am getting a black screen with what looks like a starfield and a half inch at the bottom of the screen in mainly orange...

IMG00093_20120423_1022.jpg

I tried deleting the wiiflow.ini but get the exact same result.

Then I tried compiling r259 thinking that maybe your precompiled files in r260 were bad but get this error trying to make it:

> "make"
Changed Rev 260 to 259
Building for IOS 249.
main.cpp
menu_about.cpp
menu_download.cpp
menu_system.cpp
linking ... boot.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lcustomfat
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lcustomntfs
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lcustomext2fs
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Users/Bob/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/boot.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2
> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:58

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==