Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the SD is clean no folder inside. I think the problem is because i run Wiiflow with auto boot from priiloader (File installed).
If i run from HBC no problem.
If i run from priiloader (file instaled) and no SD inserted no problem.
But if i run from priiloader and SD inserted (and that's the way i want) that's cause the problem.

Thanks advance, Sory my poor English.

I want to run wifflow if is possible through the usb properly. When I run the wiiflow from usb with the SD card inserted wiiflow will seek the path covers of the Sd and don't appears correctly.
Thanks advance
PS: i have wiiflow auto-boot from priiloader
I'd say the FIRST step is to make sure you don't have any other WiiFlow folders on the SD card, especially in the apps folder.
do you have the sub folder on sd.(the one outside of the app folder?). the one with the settings/covers?. ut that folder on your usb. open the .ini in notead++ an look for a ine that say's were wiiflow is installed.(sd/usb). change that to usb if it says sd.. sorry if this is wrong, but thats how it used to be. before i stoped using wiiflow a year ago.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
the SD is clean no folder inside. I think the problem is because i run Wiiflow with auto boot from priiloader (File installed).
But if i run from priiloader and SD inserted (and that's the way i want) that's cause the problem.

Maybe you have a old version of the priiloader forwarder? how long ago did you install it? have you tried putting the priiloader forwarder DOL in /apps/wiiflow-forwarder and running IT through HBC and seeing if it does the same thing?

VFCalado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
P

Maybe you have a old version of the priiloader forwarder? how long ago did you install it? have you tried putting the priiloader forwarder DOL in /apps/wiiflow-forwarder and running IT through HBC and seeing if it does the same thing?

Perhaps is that. I'll try when I get home. thank's

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, here they are - wiiflow theme pack updated to work with wiiflow mod wip r245+ which includes the new emulator plugins view

http://www.mediafire...geg0zevcu5tysz0

sorry it took so long but I've been having problems with wiiflow - certain games cause a dsi exception error when i select them and wiiflow changes view to selected game view. seems to be worse when i use my ntfs partition.

anyway i added emu icons and brought back game titles and edited violet so the text and buttons aren't so big. enjoy!

Looks good. Are you gonna work on the other themes as well? There's some good ones on spiffy that I'd like to see updated. I also have a DBZ theme that's a work in progress, if anyone's interested.

Thanks and yes I do plan on more themes but it takes time and I'm a little short on time with work and family. And this weekend I'm taking a little trip for vacation. And to be honest I updated those themes to hopefully inspire the original creators and creators of other themes to update their themes. if you look at the code of the theme ini files i don't put every single button and label in there. I leave most of it up to wiiflows default settings for things such as postion and size and effects. the main menu, game menu, and coverflow parts are the only parts i put all the positions and size stuff and the rest is under the general section and wiiflows default settings. This makes it easier to update the themes in the future when new buttons and lables are added or moved around. The hardest part is taking the button graphics and having to use one or two of them in photoshop to make a new button or icon that matches the others like i did for the emu icon. Anyway, thanks again and enjoy.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, here they are - wiiflow theme pack updated to work with wiiflow mod wip r245+ which includes the new emulator plugins view

sorry it took so long but I've been having problems with wiiflow - certain games cause a dsi exception error when i select them and wiiflow changes view to selected game view. seems to be worse when i use my ntfs partition.

anyway i added emu icons and brought back game titles and edited violet so the text and buttons aren't so big. enjoy!

Looks good. Are you gonna work on the other themes as well? There's some good ones on spiffy that I'd like to see updated. I also have a DBZ theme that's a work in progress, if anyone's interested.

Thanks and yes I do plan on more themes but it takes time and I'm a little short on time with work and family. And this weekend I'm taking a little trip for vacation. And to be honest I updated those themes to hopefully inspire the original creators and creators of other themes to update their themes. if you look at the code of the theme ini files i don't put every single button and label in there. I leave most of it up to wiiflows default settings for things such as postion and size and effects. the main menu, game menu, and coverflow parts are the only parts i put all the positions and size stuff and the rest is under the general section and wiiflows default settings. This makes it easier to update the themes in the future when new buttons and lables are added or moved around. The hardest part is taking the button graphics and having to use one or two of them in photoshop to make a new button or icon that matches the others like i did for the emu icon. Anyway, thanks again and enjoy.
if thats all it takes to update them, i'll do some of them. i did notice the flags in the files. so as long as i do what you said, an copy those flags an stuff over. they should work.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if thats all it takes to update them, i'll do some of them. i did notice the flags in the files. so as long as i do what you said, an copy those flags an stuff over. they should work.
the flags are referenced under the general section and so are the config menu buttons and text size and color. just look at the theme ini files of the ones i posted. most sections only contain the background the rest is done by the general section and wiiflows default settings. I'm sure you can figure it out.

like i said the hard part is editing the current icon buttons to make new buttons for DML,homebrew, and now emu.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
the flags are referenced under the general section and so are the config menu buttons and text size and color. just look at the theme ini files of the ones i posted. most sections only contain the background the rest is done by the general section and wiiflows default settings. I'm sure you can figure it out.
like i said the hard part is editing the current icon buttons to make new buttons for DML,homebrew, and now emu.
Weren't the changes in r252 just temporary? I guess if it's a simple fix to update the themes for now that's fine but I hope you're not doing a bunch of work in it that will have to be redone in a couple days.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren't the changes in r252 just temporary? I guess if it's a simple fix to update the themes for now that's fine but I hope you're not doing a bunch of work in it that will have to be redone in a couple days.
no, i'll just take a couple( some of the more popular ones, that haven't been done.) an add the icons an stuff that needs to be fixed so they work, an keep them saved that way i know what ones i did, an can redo them if needed. if pepxl, will let me know the ones he did, besides the two i know of. that way we don't end up doing the same ones. thank you.
i will make one of my own while doing them to. no biggie,( i have a lot of time know, now that i got laid off. :( ).

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just had a thought about where to put the D-pad shortcuts for emulators :

My first thought was that since pushing the the same direction for the view you're already in (E.G. pressing D-pad down when you're in DML mode) doesn't do anything anymore, my first idea was to just to put it in whichever direction happened to be unused at the time . . . but then I thought that that could get a little messy/confusing

My next thought was to put it in one of the (+) or (-) buttons or something.

One way or another if the decision is ever made to have a separate coverflow for each plugin in the plugins folder we could run out of buttons really fast, though.
Another option would be having something come up similar to the old categories list with all the different coverflows coming up . . . the idea kinda reminds me of the item chooser in Skyward Sword.

Edit : actually, I seem to remember that there's a "issue" on the GoogleCode page about being able to combine multiple coverflows into one. A menu such as [member='fledge68']'s NEW categories list would be an interesting implementation for that.

VFCalado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
works fine now, the problem was the priiloader forwarder indeed, thanks. :)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had a thought about where to put the D-pad shortcuts for emulators :

My first thought was that since pushing the the same direction for the view you're already in (E.G. pressing D-pad down when you're in DML mode) doesn't do anything anymore, my first idea was to just to put it in whichever direction happened to be unused at the time . . . but then I thought that that could get a little messy/confusing

My next thought was to put it in one of the (+) or (-) buttons or something.

One way or another if the decision is ever made to have a separate coverflow for each plugin in the plugins folder we could run out of buttons really fast, though.
Another option would be having something come up similar to the old categories list with all the different coverflows coming up . . . the idea kinda reminds me of the item chooser in Skyward Sword.

Edit : actually, I seem to remember that there's a "issue" on the GoogleCode page about being able to combine multiple coverflows into one. A menu such as [member='fledge68']'s NEW categories list would be an interesting implementation for that.

Actually I would like to replace the d-pad short cuts with a pop up box that displays when you press '+' button while pointing at the view switch icon. And the pop up box would have a button for every view and you would just click on the one you want. It's a two step process but it's saves clicks when you want to go to emu view from usb view or when you're in dml view and want to go back to usb view

and to go even further we could press'-' on the view switch icon while in emu view to bring up a box where you could select what emu plug in you want ie. snes, nes, gba, etc...

just some idea's i have in mind. for now though they will have to wait i'm going on a small vacation for the weekend. see you all Tuesday!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Actually I would like to replace the d-pad short cuts with a pop up box that displays when you press '+' button while pointing at the view switch icon. And the pop up box would have a button for every view and you would just click on the one you want. It's a two step process but it's saves clicks when you want to go to emu view from usb view or when you're in dml view and want to go back to usb view

and to go even further we could press'-' on the view switch icon while in emu view to bring up a box where you could select what emu plug in you want ie. snes, nes, gba, etc...

just some idea's i have in mind. for now though they will have to wait i'm going on a small vacation for the weekend. see you all Tuesday!
Sounds cool. I was just thinking that use of an adjustment of the already implemented categories view would be simpler to do but what you're planning sounds even better.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sounds cool. I was just thinking that use of an adjustment of the already implemented categories view would be simpler to do but what you're planning sounds even better.

I second that sounds pretty spiffy.......hopefully the tweaks keep coming budds again props to all contributing to this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa Im doing well