mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
djxkape said:
yeap it was the old channel dol that was causing all the headaches lol so what i end up doing a clean install and change the old dol from the channel and added the new one so everything is good . thanks alot guys for the help thats why i love this community
smile.gif

NOTE: You should NEVER inject the actual wiiflow dol into a channel. The forwarders work just fine injected to the channel and you will not have issues updating.

I also wanted to say that the majority of other issues have been fixed lately, including the wired network adapters which now work.

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
NOTE: You should NEVER inject the actual wiiflow dol into a channel. The forwarders work just fine injected to the channel and you will not have issues updating.

I also wanted to say that the majority of other issues have been fixed lately, including the wired network adapters which now work.

Yay, now I just need it to get to a release point, what with being cut off from the most recent compiles. ;-) Keep us advised, please, since I can't connect WiiFlow to check for updates until it gets the newest version. Thanks for the work you all are doing.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tueidj said:
mugotu said:

Was it a libogc issue like you claimed?

No. It was an issue with reading the config.dat file, which contains network information. On wiibrew.org, a value is claimed for detecting if a network is configured. It seems that the value can also be used to determine if the connection is wired or wireless. The value differs for both modes, which wasn't documented at wiibrew. Since we don't have a wired adapter, we didn't find this issue at first.
Also, since the HBC works fine with a wired adapter, and since the HBC updated to the latest libogc, it couldn't be a libogc issue.

QUOTE(Pippin666 @ Sep 30 2010, 05:23 AM)
Is it ever gonna be possible to set wiinnertag key from inside WiiFlow ?? At this point, in therm of configurability I feel it lacks this feature.
Only if the wiinnertag key will be numeric only. We already have a numeric keyboard. Adding a full keyboard would require additional work which is not on our list.

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the information that WiiTDB offers in the downloaded info, but they have the names for some things different than the way I like it. For example, I like all the Rock Band games together, so I rename some to Rock Band - The Beatles, Rock Band Track Pack: AC/DC. If I DL the WiiTDB file, that overrides the titles and I'm left with The Beatles - Rock Band and AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack. Are there any plans to call a secondary text file that contains the custom titles, or anything along those lines? I don't know anything about coding, so I have no idea as to the difficulties in all this.

djxkape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
djxkape said:
yeap it was the old channel dol that was causing all the headaches lol so what i end up doing a clean install and change the old dol from the channel and added the new one so everything is good . thanks alot guys for the help thats why i love this community
smile.gif

makes more sense to use a forwarder but the ones i try didnt work so if you guys can point me to one that work i would appreciated
smile.gif

djxkape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
Have a look at the wiiflowiki , theme section.
With everyone of my themes (carbonik , green , violet and orange) comes a matching forwarder.

cool thanks Benjay i guess i must have miss it but thanks for the heads up
smile.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
schroder08 said:
I like the information that WiiTDB offers in the downloaded info, but they have the names for some things different than the way I like it. For example, I like all the Rock Band games together, so I rename some to Rock Band - The Beatles, Rock Band Track Pack: AC/DC. If I DL the WiiTDB file, that overrides the titles and I'm left with The Beatles - Rock Band and AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack. Are there any plans to call a secondary text file that contains the custom titles, or anything along those lines? I don't know anything about coding, so I have no idea as to the difficulties in all this.
You are right, that is something that can't be missed, since a lot of ppl use this. This will be completed in our next release. You will have to create a file like titles.ini, with a section [TITLES], and add custom titles there, like GAMEID=Custom title. The filename is "custom_titles.ini", and it must be in the settings directory.

Milamber_Cubed

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi r-win.

First off, thanks for the awesome loader. I finally got it all set up working the way I wanted - booting by default through priiloader and themed the way I like. I think, however, that I've found a bug with the MP3/OGG random playback.

I've put the details here:

http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/detail?id=243#c14

Since that's where I started querying it, but since the issue has been marked inactive, I thought there'd be a fair chance that you wouldn't see it. I can create it as a new issue if you like? I've got a working version for myself now, but there are probably others out there (at least one!) that are having the same issue.

Also, maybe something for the wiki; some of my MP3s were playing horrendous garbled noises at the beginning and I managed to get rid of this by removing all the ID3 tags and such. I have a suspicion that iTunes album art was to blame.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Milamber (aka shiv)

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i think this is due to them changing the ogg player used.

libogc_R4367_26-09-2010 from the usbloader gx project has the 'required' files for vorbisidec.

just copy it to your devkitpro\libogc\include\tremor dir | or devkitpro\libogc\lib\wii dir.

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
You are right, that is something that can't be missed, since a lot of ppl use this. This will be completed in our next release. You will have to create a file like titles.ini, with a section [TITLES], and add custom titles there, like GAMEID=Custom title. The filename is "custom_titles.ini", and it must be in the settings directory.

*kermit flail* yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I can't believe how excited I am to be looking forward to this! Man I'm lame! But I'll be so happy to have a file that will modify the title names that will remain a constant instead of being reset when I have to delete the wiiflow.ini on an upgrade or re-write the wiitdb.zip when updating for newer games! Plus I'll be able to re-connect with my wired connection, it's like Wintereenmas in October! Thanks guys! Now... I just have to wait.............

Is it ready yet?

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
pretender13 said:
i think this is due to them changing the ogg player used.

libogc_R4367_26-09-2010 from the usbloader gx project has the 'required' files for vorbisidec.

just copy it to your devkitpro\libogc\include\tremor dir | or devkitpro\libogc\lib\wii dir.

Perfect!!! Thank you.

bb4444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I am a newbie to the world of wii homebrew. I am trying to install wiiflow with no luck. I keep getting the ret = -2011 error message when I use MMM to install the WADs. Here are all the WADs that I tried to install:

WiiFlow-WFBJ(honey).wad
Wiiflow_StarNight_Channel_Forwarder-WSNF.wad
WiiMC - GSMC.wad
WiiFlow Static Channel IOS249-WFHW.wad

I am running soft modded wii 4.2u. Your help is greatly appreciated
smile.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bb4444 said:
Hi there, I am a newbie to the world of wii homebrew. I am trying to install wiiflow with no luck. I keep getting the ret = -2011 error message when I use MMM to install the WADs. Here are all the WADs that I tried to install:

WiiFlow-WFBJ(honey).wad
WiiMC - GSMC.wad

smile.gif
I'm afraid installing full channels has nothing to do with wiiflow, since we don't support full wiiflow channels. We only support the forwarders, and even then only some of us do.

Anyway, I think error -2011 is a problem where the ios you are using to install wads isn't based on ios 38.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
r-win said:
bb4444 said:

WiiFlow-WFBJ(honey).wad
WiiMC - GSMC.wad

smile.gif
I'm afraid installing full channels has nothing to do with wiiflow, since we don't support full wiiflow channels. We only support the forwarders, and even then only some of us do.

Anyway, I think error -2011 is a problem where the ios you are using to install wads isn't based on ios 38.
error-2011 means that MMM is using an ios which is not trucha signed. Try installing the wad with ios 249 or 36/236 (or any other trucha signed ios)

bb4444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
r-win said:
bb4444 said:

WiiFlow-WFBJ(honey).wad
WiiMC - GSMC.wad

smile.gif

error-2011 means that MMM is using an ios which is not trucha signed. Try installing the wad with ios 249 or 36/236 (or any other trucha signed ios)

I see, so, should I run boot.dol from cIOS249_rev17_Installer w/ HBC before running MMM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol