Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
gene0915 said:
Checked the Wiiflow FAQ and some other sites and couldn't find answers to my problems so here goes.

Using Wiiflow 2.2 r228 (cIOS 249, cIOSx rev 20b (base is 56 or 57, can't remember) on a 4.1U NTSC Wii.

Problem 1) Using this latest version of Wiiflow, when I'm scrolling through my list of games, some are out of order. Example, Wii Fit (instead of being right next to Wii Fit Plus) shows up in the R's because it's title is shown as "RVL?? Wiifit" (or something like that). This wasn't a problem with older versions of Wiiflow. How can I manually edit that name/title ID or configure Wiiflow to display it like it did with the older version?

Problem 2) Every single time I go into a game and click the gear icon to configure its' settings, when I click on the button to download a cheat code, a screen comes up and says "Downloading cheat file..." and after 5 minutes or so, it errors out that the download failed and it can NEVER complete downloading any cheat file for any game. My Wii is using wireless and yes, it's properly configured. I tried toggling that one option in Wiiflow to initialize the network on/off but it makes no difference. I had r92 on there and updated it by clicking on the ? key and selecting upgrade so I know the network is fine.
1. Try removing any title.ini and updating WiiTDB in the "download covers and titles" menu
2. geckocodes.org was down for a bit, thats why the cheats download was failing. Anyways we dont like that it takes so long to timeout so we are looking into a way to fix that up in libogc (yes it is a libogc problem, not wiiflow)

You da man!! Did as you suggested for problem number 1 and all is well. I also noticed that WiiTDB is up because the cheat download option worked just fine today!
smile.gif

Now, for bonus points..... when I go into the 'About' screen for Wiiflow (r228), it says something about using IOS57. I'm using the 249 variant of Wiiflow and installed ciosx rev 20b in the 249 slot with a base of (I'm 99% sure) 56 yet the screen appears to state I'm using 57. Any ideas on that one? No problems though, every single game I tried worked 100% perfectly.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gene0915 said:
Now, for bonus points..... when I go into the 'About' screen for Wiiflow (r228), it says something about using IOS57. I'm using the 249 variant of Wiiflow and installed ciosx rev 20b in the 249 slot with a base of (I'm 99% sure) 56 yet the screen appears to state I'm using 57. Any ideas on that one? No problems though, every single game I tried worked 100% perfectly.
This is already solved in beta R245. So its just waiting for the new release now.
Look HERE for the complete changelog.

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
gene0915 said:
This is already solved in beta R245. So its just waiting for the new release now.
Look HERE for the complete changelog.
Lucky, getting in on the betas. ;-) Any idea how much more they're touching up before it's ready for release? The fix I care about is in and has been for a while, but is teasing me by being just out of reach.... Of course, you can't rush greatness, gotta make sure it's something they're happy with releasing before it happens. I am just impatient, and I know it.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
schroder08 said:
Lucky, getting in on the betas. ;-) Any idea how much more they're touching up before it's ready for release? The fix I care about is in and has been for a while, but is teasing me by being just out of reach.... Of course, you can't rush greatness, gotta make sure it's something they're happy with releasing before it happens. I am just impatient, and I know it.
Hee, if you want to get your hands on the latest beta, you can always vollunteer to be a beta tester...
wink.gif

(Which means, when you test the latest rev, you HAVE TO REPORT bugs in IRC and cannot GIVE the rev to OTHER PEOPLE)

Still interested, ask Miigotu or r-win in our IRC channel...(i dont know if testers are needed right now, but you can always try)

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Etheboss said:
schroder08 said:
Hee, if you want to get your hands on the latest beta, you can always vollunteer to be a beta tester...
wink.gif

(Which means, when you test the latest rev, you HAVE TO REPORT bugs in IRC and cannot GIVE the rev to OTHER PEOPLE)

Still interested, ask Miigotu or r-win in our IRC channel...(i dont know if testers are needed right now, but you can always try)
I don´t think they need anymore testers, I seen people ask on irc and they say no...

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as being a Beta tester, I'm not sure I'd be using it to the point of catching the bugs, I'd just be a casual user. That's probably not what they need, so no dice there.

As far as compiling myself, I did try that quite some time ago, didn't get anywhere with it, not sure what went wrong, and since it was available every few revs it wasn't an issue anyway.

I guess its back to me and my waiting. Le sigh.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are really wanting to try the betas, compiling it really is pretty simple. Just follow the directions on the wiki, and you can get those fixes you want. Once you have it setup it is a snap to check for new ones as well as see the changes they made. I'm intrigued by some of the new things they have implemented, even though I hardly ever actually compile it and transfer it to my wii (mine does everything I need!). Maybe sometime I'll have a chance to setup and play with some of the new things!

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion:

Perhaps, for those of us that have WiiFlow as an autoboot app and not a channel/HBC app, adding a function that, when WiiFlow starts, and 15 (or so) seconds go by without finding a harddrive, WiiFlow automatically goes to the coverflow for the channels instead of just hanging there saying "Please plug a HDD into port 0"

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I discovered again why I stopped trying to do the 'compile yourself' method... and when I did a google search, I was pointed back to my other post in June. I get an error when using tortoiseSVN. Here's all that's on there when I get my error...

Command: Checkout from http://wiiflow.googlecode.com/svn/trunk, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
Error: PROPFIND of '/svn/trunk': timed out waiting for server (http://wiiflow.googlecode.com)
Finished!:

587 Bytes transferred in 120 minute(s) and 1 second(s)
The operation has failed.

Anyone know what the problem is, what I'm doing wrong? I tried uninstalling, re-installing, clearing history, etc. I know I'm usually smarter than this, but I don't know what might be going on.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schroder08 said:
Error: PROPFIND of '/svn/trunk': timed out waiting for server (http://wiiflow.googlecode.com)
Finished!:

Sounds like a firewall issue

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
Suggestion:

Perhaps, for those of us that have WiiFlow as an autoboot app and not a channel/HBC app, adding a function that, when WiiFlow starts, and 15 (or so) seconds go by without finding a harddrive, WiiFlow automatically goes to the coverflow for the channels instead of just hanging there saying "Please plug a HDD into port 0"

r-win and I agree on the usefulness of this request, but it wont be started on until after this release (very close)
Please make a feature request for this on google code: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/list
Make sure to detail all of your expectations, even though we may alter your idea some.

Also, port 1 support may be worked on shortly after the release.

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guitarloser85 said:
schroder08 said:
Finished!:

Sounds like a firewall issue

A little more google, someone had trouble while using BitDefender but it seemed to have cleared up after disabling, so I disabled both AV and Firewall, then tried again. It's still sitting there, how long does this usually take before it starts transferring info? It's just hanging out with the command greyed out, and I get a wait symbol with my mouse when I mouse over it. I hope I'm not doomed! Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooommmmmmeeeeed.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schroder08 said:
It's still sitting there, how long does this usually take before it starts transferring info?
It takes ~6 sec to update from one rev to the next depending on the amount of changes that were implemented.

I dunno, there's really no reason it shouldn't be connecting unless there is either software running on your computer that prevents the flow of traffic through certain ports/applications (peerguardian, firewalls, antivirus) or if you're connected to the internet through a router that has some domains/ports blocked.

To see if it's a bad install, try uninstalling TortoiseSVN, restart the computer, download CCleaner and run the cleaner and fix registry issues, restart, and then download and install the newest version of TortoiseSVN.

Good luck dude

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mugotu said:
petspeed said:
mugotu said:
Also, port 1 support may be worked on shortly after the release.

Wouldn't that break compatibility with USB instruments?

USB instruments can use either port.
True, and it's optional. Some people have an extra fan installed, and with that thing only port 1 is available. Also, it's optional, you don't have to use it. I even heard of some people where port 0 was broken. I think those people will gladly use port 1 and skip on the instruments.

Did I already mention it's optional?

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, there's the option of including a powerd USB hub. I am not sure if the HDD would work through that, but I'm using it for my wired internet connection and my microphone. Has anyone tried it, having a hub in 0 and the HDD running through it? Just kinda curious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0