WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zorglub07, Jan 17, 2010.

1. gene0915

gene0915 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    You da man!! Did as you suggested for problem number 1 and all is well. I also noticed that WiiTDB is up because the cheat download option worked just fine today! [​IMG]

Now, for bonus points..... when I go into the 'About' screen for Wiiflow (r228), it says something about using IOS57. I'm using the 249 variant of Wiiflow and installed ciosx rev 20b in the 249 slot with a base of (I'm 99% sure) 56 yet the screen appears to state I'm using 57. Any ideas on that one? No problems though, every single game I tried worked 100% perfectly.

2. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    This is already solved in beta R245. So its just waiting for the new release now.
    Look HERE for the complete changelog.

3. schroder08

schroder08 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    Lucky, getting in on the betas. ;-) Any idea how much more they're touching up before it's ready for release? The fix I care about is in and has been for a while, but is teasing me by being just out of reach.... Of course, you can't rush greatness, gotta make sure it's something they're happy with releasing before it happens. I am just impatient, and I know it.

4. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    Hee, if you want to get your hands on the latest beta, you can always vollunteer to be a beta tester... [​IMG]
    (Which means, when you test the latest rev, you HAVE TO REPORT bugs in IRC and cannot GIVE the rev to OTHER PEOPLE)

Still interested, ask Miigotu or r-win in our IRC channel...(i dont know if testers are needed right now, but you can always try)

5. Jojse

Jojse GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2006
    I don´t think they need anymore testers, I seen people ask on irc and they say no...

6. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    You can always compile it yourself you know !!

Pip'

7. schroder08

schroder08 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    As far as being a Beta tester, I'm not sure I'd be using it to the point of catching the bugs, I'd just be a casual user. That's probably not what they need, so no dice there.

As far as compiling myself, I did try that quite some time ago, didn't get anywhere with it, not sure what went wrong, and since it was available every few revs it wasn't an issue anyway.

I guess its back to me and my waiting. Le sigh.

8. hybridLearner

hybridLearner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    USA
    If you are really wanting to try the betas, compiling it really is pretty simple. Just follow the directions on the wiki, and you can get those fixes you want. Once you have it setup it is a snap to check for new ones as well as see the changes they made. I'm intrigued by some of the new things they have implemented, even though I hardly ever actually compile it and transfer it to my wii (mine does everything I need!). Maybe sometime I'll have a chance to setup and play with some of the new things!

9. jceggbert5

jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

Dec 1, 2008
    United States
    USA, Earth, MilkyWay
    Suggestion:

Perhaps, for those of us that have WiiFlow as an autoboot app and not a channel/HBC app, adding a function that, when WiiFlow starts, and 15 (or so) seconds go by without finding a harddrive, WiiFlow automatically goes to the coverflow for the channels instead of just hanging there saying "Please plug a HDD into port 0"

10. schroder08

schroder08 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    I discovered again why I stopped trying to do the 'compile yourself' method... and when I did a google search, I was pointed back to my other post in June. I get an error when using tortoiseSVN. Here's all that's on there when I get my error...

Command: Checkout from http://wiiflow.googlecode.com/svn/trunk, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
    Error: PROPFIND of '/svn/trunk': timed out waiting for server (http://wiiflow.googlecode.com)
    Finished!:

587 Bytes transferred in 120 minute(s) and 1 second(s)
    The operation has failed.

Anyone know what the problem is, what I'm doing wrong? I tried uninstalling, re-installing, clearing history, etc. I know I'm usually smarter than this, but I don't know what might be going on.

11. guitarloser85

guitarloser85 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Sounds like a firewall issue

12. mugotu

mugotu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    r-win and I agree on the usefulness of this request, but it wont be started on until after this release (very close)
    Please make a feature request for this on google code: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/list
    Make sure to detail all of your expectations, even though we may alter your idea some.

Also, port 1 support may be worked on shortly after the release.

13. schroder08

schroder08 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    A little more google, someone had trouble while using BitDefender but it seemed to have cleared up after disabling, so I disabled both AV and Firewall, then tried again. It's still sitting there, how long does this usually take before it starts transferring info? It's just hanging out with the command greyed out, and I get a wait symbol with my mouse when I mouse over it. I hope I'm not doomed! Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooommmmmmeeeeed.

14. guitarloser85

guitarloser85 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    It takes ~6 sec to update from one rev to the next depending on the amount of changes that were implemented.

I dunno, there's really no reason it shouldn't be connecting unless there is either software running on your computer that prevents the flow of traffic through certain ports/applications (peerguardian, firewalls, antivirus) or if you're connected to the internet through a router that has some domains/ports blocked.

To see if it's a bad install, try uninstalling TortoiseSVN, restart the computer, download CCleaner and run the cleaner and fix registry issues, restart, and then download and install the newest version of TortoiseSVN.

Good luck dude

15. petspeed

petspeed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2009
    Wouldn't that break compatibility with USB instruments?

16. mugotu

mugotu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    USB instruments can use either port.

17. r-win

r-win GBAtemp Fan

Oct 10, 2009
    Netherlands
    True, and it's optional. Some people have an extra fan installed, and with that thing only port 1 is available. Also, it's optional, you don't have to use it. I even heard of some people where port 0 was broken. I think those people will gladly use port 1 and skip on the instruments.

Did I already mention it's optional?

18. schroder08

schroder08 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    Also, there's the option of including a powerd USB hub. I am not sure if the HDD would work through that, but I'm using it for my wired internet connection and my microphone. Has anyone tried it, having a hub in 0 and the HDD running through it? Just kinda curious.

19. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    The cios USB2 code doesn't support hubs.

20. mugotu

mugotu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    Actually there are a few ppl using a hub with their hdd, but its hit or miss, and only one hdd may be n the hub.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted