XP
Country
Etheboss said:
pepxl said:
Sledge1 said:
How do i get fanart to show?
I put it in k:\apps\wiiflow\fanart\XXX
but nothing shows in wiiflow.
Does it need to be enabled or something?
http://www.wiiflowiki.com/customization/fanart
And to put it a little more simple, fanart does not go to :\apps\wiiflow\fanart\XXX but to :\wiiflow\fanart\XXX.
And on www.wiifanart.com there's also a guide.
well then maybe that's the issue.
on the wiki page: You can download FanArt from http://www.WiiFanArt.com and place in your /apps/wiiflow/fanart folder.
will try the new location tonight

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Reading a couple of pages back there is talk of NCard compatibility. I have tried to get this working by following the steps, I upgraded to the latest version and ran WiiFlow once.
I then went to the wiiflow.ini in the apps folder and changed the [GamerCard] section to the follwing:
wiinnertag_enable=yes
wiinnertag_key=##############
wiinnertag_url=http://www.messageboardchampion.com/ncard/API/?cmd=tdbupdate&key={KEY}&game={ID6}

This is the URL specified in the NCard API and uses the same fields as the original wiinertag URL ({KEY} and {ID6}.

This had no effect no the gamecard so i then changed the mention of wiinertag_ to ncard_ which i think was worse off as wiiflow then added back in the default wiinertag fields.

Any help on getting this to work?

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Sledge1 said:
Etheboss said:
pepxl said:
Sledge1 said:
How do i get fanart to show?
I put it in k:\apps\wiiflow\fanart\XXX
but nothing shows in wiiflow.
Does it need to be enabled or something?
http://www.wiiflowiki.com/customization/fanart
And to put it a little more simple, fanart does not go to :\apps\wiiflow\fanart\XXX but to :\wiiflow\fanart\XXX.
And on www.wiifanart.com there's also a guide.
on the wiki page: You can download FanArt from http://www.WiiFanArt.com and place in your /apps/wiiflow/fanart folder.
Yup changed location and all good now
smile.gif

Cheers

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sledge1 said:
Sledge1 said:
Yup changed location and all good now
smile.gif

Cheers
I'll have a look at the wiki page, thanks for pointing out.

Edit 20-09-2010 15:17: i see its already corrected by Miigotu, thnx Miigotu!

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiFlow1.1 r25. This is how i setup in my ext hard drive
USB:\apps\WiiFlow_249\boot.dol,icon.png, meta.xml, language.ini, & titles.ini
USB:\wiiflow\fanart\GAMEID.ini
USB:\wiiflow\themes\
USB:\wiiflow\boxcovers
USB:\wiiflow\covers

I already had the WiiFlow R25 Channel on the Wii Channel. I have external hardrive 1TB WD. 100gb is FAT32 using partition magic and the rest is format using WBFS Manager3.0. All games play great in the wiiFlow. When I go to main setup in the wiiFlow to download cover, it's kept saying "cover not found" for all games. However, if i put the wiiFlow files in the SD card, it able to download and install the games cover to the SD Card.

I do not want to use the SD Card. I rather use the ext harddrive since i have 100gb FAT32. Am i doing something wrong that is why wiiflow kept saying "cover not found."? It's not my connection since the SD card work fine in downloading the cover. please help thanks

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mayhem366 said:
Reading a couple of pages back there is talk of NCard compatibility. I have tried to get this working by following the steps, I upgraded to the latest version and ran WiiFlow once.
I then went to the wiiflow.ini in the apps folder and changed the [GamerCard] section to the follwing:
wiinnertag_enable=yes
wiinnertag_url=http://www.messageboardchampion.com/ncard/API/?cmd=tdbupdate&key={KEY}&game={ID6}

This is the URL specified in the NCard API and uses the same fields as the original wiinertag URL ({KEY} and {ID6}.

This had no effect no the gamecard so i then changed the mention of wiinertag_ to ncard_ which i think was worse off as wiiflow then added back in the default wiinertag fields.

Changing wiinnertag_ to ncard_ won't work, since ncard_ functionality was removed from the ini. I think we'll rename the wiinnertag_ keys to gamercard_. Anyway, I'm not sure your problem is actually with wiiflow. I've removed ncard, becuase it doesn't seem to work. Even when I just call the url with the right key and a right gameid, it doesn't update my card.

So if you're sure that messageboardchampion still updates cards, then I'm fine by adding it back. If they don't, well...then I won't...

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
phillyguy said:
xzxero said:
did you change the data_on_usb option to yes in the wiiflow.ini ?

There's no wiiflow.ini in the download in post 1

WiiFlow automatically creates the file on first boot

I check in the hard drive but i do not see wiiflow.ini. I check the sd card i saw wiiflow.ini. Can i use the wiiflow.ini from SD and place it in ext hard drive

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Xeno43 said:
Hm just encountered a bug where if the covers are updated it will simply freeze while downloading missing covers. Tetris when I first scanned for covers only had the front but had been updated recently, so whenever I clicked to download missing covers it simply hang... Fixed it by deleting the front cover and cache...

EDIT: version is 180 I believe, just updated through the app...

by going into game specific settings and putting the pointer over "download cover" and pressing 1+2 together will delete the cover and cache file for that game. Just an FYI (should prolly be on the wiiflowiki but most of our contributers seem to have drifted off.)

QUOTE(phillyguy @ Sep 20 2010, 09:21 AM) wiiFlow1.1 r25. This is how i setup in my ext hard drive

I already had the WiiFlow R25 Channel on the Wii Channel. I have external hardrive 1TB WD. 100gb is FAT32 using partition magic and the rest is format using WBFS Manager3.0. All games play great in the wiiFlow. When I go to main setup in the wiiFlow to download cover, it's kept saying "cover not found" for all games. However, if i put the wiiFlow files in the SD card, it able to download and install the games cover to the SD Card.

I do not want to use the SD Card. I rather use the ext harddrive since i have 100gb FAT32. Am i doing something wrong that is why wiiflow kept saying "cover not found."? It's not my connection since the SD card work fine in downloading the cover. please help thanks

Update to the newest version of wiiflow if you want support. r25 is very old and unsupported now. At the time of posting this we are already at r218. What does that mean to you? TONS of enhancements, bug fixes, and stability improvements.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
mayhem366 said:
wiinnertag_enable=yes

Changing wiinnertag_ to ncard_ won't work, since ncard_ functionality was removed from the ini. I think we'll rename the wiinnertag_ keys to gamercard_. Anyway, I'm not sure your problem is actually with wiiflow. I've removed ncard, becuase it doesn't seem to work. Even when I just call the url with the right key and a right gameid, it doesn't update my card.

So if you're sure that messageboardchampion still updates cards, then I'm fine by adding it back. If they don't, well...then I won't...

I tried just the URL also and had no luck either. That is a shame. Surely with the current setup, if messageboardchampion sort out the update then this will still work?

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
Xeno43 said:
Hm just encountered a bug where if the covers are updated it will simply freeze while downloading missing covers. Tetris when I first scanned for covers only had the front but had been updated recently, so whenever I clicked to download missing covers it simply hang... Fixed it by deleting the front cover and cache...

EDIT: version is 180 I believe, just updated through the app...

by going into game specific settings and putting the pointer over "download cover" and pressing 1+2 together will delete the cover and cache file for that game. Just an FYI (should prolly be on the wiiflowiki but most of our contributers seem to have drifted off.)

QUOTE(phillyguy @ Sep 20 2010, 09:21 AM) wiiFlow1.1 r25. This is how i setup in my ext hard drive

Update to the newest version of wiiflow if you want support. r25 is very old and unsupported now. At the time of posting this we are already at r218. What does that mean to you? TONS of enhancements, bug fixes, and stability improvements.

hi where can i find r218? this is where i got the wiiflow from the 1st post of this forum and a http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/.. i download this one r92a-WiiFlow_249.zip but my wiiflow wad channel is 1.1 r25

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
come to IRC (you should really read the complete thread and i know it is a big ass thread), all the info you are asking has been said a lot off times before.
new revs that are not releases can ONLY be downloaded from IRC (or using the update feature in newer revs)

READ THIS

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
come to IRC (you should really read the complete thread and i know it is a big ass thread), all the info you are asking has been said a lot off times before.
new revs that are not releases can ONLY be downloaded from IRC (or using the update feature in newer revs)

READ THIS

i did read the 1st post, google, and also read the wiiflow code website but i dont understand. if i do, i wouldn't ask questions. just cuz u know how and i dont, doesnt mean a dumb question.. plus no download link bside from the 1st post link.

* ‹r217

r218
Revision: r218
Author: [email protected]
Date: Yesterday (23 hours ago)
Review scores: No one has yet scored this revision.

Log message

*Fix some bugs in the forwarder and add a readme. Forwarder must be compiled
with wiixplorer libogc atm.
*Add missing file.
*Added small delay after usb startup to allow drive spinup.
*Stopped shutting down the usb interface on forwarder exit.

Affected files
expand all collapse all
Add /trunk/forwarder/data diff

Add /trunk/forwarder/data/app_booter.dol diff

Add /trunk/forwarder/readme.txt diff

Modify /trunk/forwarder/source/devicemounter.c diff

Modify /trunk/forwarder/source/main.c diff

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mayhem366 said:
mayhem366 said:
Reading a couple of pages back there is talk of NCard compatibility. I have tried to get this working by following the steps...............
I tried just the URL also and had no luck either. That is a shame. Surely with the current setup, if messageboardchampion sort out the update then this will still work?
Why not use wiinnertag instead?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
phillyguy said:
i did read the 1st post, google, and also read the wiiflow code website but i dont understand. if i do, i wouldn't ask questions. just cuz u know how and i dont, doesnt mean a dumb question.. plus no download link bside from the 1st post link.

Maybe your first question was not dumb , but this post is.....
Spidy did tell you in his post above :
- YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THESE NEW REVS ONLY IF YOU COME TO IRC.

Server and channel are given in the first post.

rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw