Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Away from Wii this weekend but if anyone has an opportunity to try and reproduce that would be great. I use categories myself but haven't set them up for emulators with multiple magic#'s, mostly do SNES and Genesis right now. When I get some time I'll try it out.
I'm new to using categories, so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have the same problem as Drakorex even with single magic numbers.
Basically, if I set a game to a category and then I choose to show only that category, all the other coverflows show no games.
I'm using Wiiflow 4.1.1 -r437

Also, the Dosbox conf plugin sometimes does not return to Wiiflow and gives a blackscreen.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to using categories, so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have the same problem as Drakorex even with single magic numbers.
Basically, if I set a game to a category and then I choose to show only that category, all the other coverflows show no games.

Also, the Dosbox conf plugin sometimes does not return to Wiiflow and gives a blackscreen.
Also, I just tried categorizing some movies. It's impossible for me to hide (X) them.

triptophan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got many instances of mplayer to work on my source menu with separate inis. So I have all my TV shows on a source menu page. Its pretty effective for organization. All i changed to get it working was I made my magic numbers more distinct... completely unsure as to why that would matter. So my next question is how do I set default covers, and can I do it on a per ini basis even if they all use the same plugin?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
So my next question is how do I set default covers, and can I do it on a per ini basis even if they all use the same plugin?
You need to do this on magic number basis
So open your theme ini file and add this section if not present:
You need to have "MagicNumber#=Cover.jpg" under the blank covers section
This is an example from my theme:
[BLANK_COVERS]
32363030=CA_Atari_2600.jpg
37383030=CA_Atari_7800.jpg
414d4947=CA_Amiga.jpg
blabla

BTW Thanks to MS I fixed the Front/Back cover size mismatch in some emuflows for all theme mods - in extracted pack only for now

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fix94 or Fledge68, How difficult would it be to implement folder browsing for plugins? Then it would be alot easier to organize tv shows and even serve as a "category flow". Unless anyone knows of a dvd maker that works with mplayer, but...

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

okay - let me try to explain categories. since i added the ability to select multiple sources from the source menu (for example - wii games, snes games, and sega games) you can have as many categories as you want but they will be applied to whatever source(s) you have selected to view. so as I have said before you can make the first 20 for wii games and the next ten for movies and the next 6 for snes games for a total of 36 categories. the problem is when you select category 5 for wii games to see for example only sports games and then you change the source to movies or snes then you won't see any games or movies because they don't belong to category 5 (wii sports games). you have to go to the category menu and deselect category 5. I probably should add something to wiiflow so that when you change the source it automatically clears the category menu (except for any that you have marked as hidden). so if you like this idea then I'll see about adding it.

@jackson pesto I think this might be your problem too.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the explanation :) This thing is totally new to me and I couldn't find any other explanation about categories anywhere.
So if I understand correctly, for Snes games I have to use categories from 31 to 36, but using specific categories for other emulators i.e. ScummVm or C64 is not possible at the moment.

Here is what I'm trying to do: I'd like to hide the C64 version of Zak McKracken from the Scummvm emuflow and show it in the C64 emuflow (using multiple magic numbers to have Frodo+ScummVm). Someone many pages ago told me to do this with categories, by hiding Zak in the Scummvm flow and then hiding every other ScummVm game in he C64 flow. I tried it but I'm unsuccessful, is there a way to do this thing? Thanks in advance!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the explanation :) This thing is totally new to me and I couldn't find any other explanation about categories anywhere.
So if I understand correctly, for Snes games I have to use categories from 31 to 36, but using specific categories for other emulators i.e. ScummVm or C64 is not possible at the moment.

Here is what I'm trying to do: I'd like to hide the C64 version of Zak McKracken from the Scummvm emuflow and show it in the C64 emuflow (using multiple magic numbers to have Frodo+ScummVm). Someone many pages ago told me to do this with categories, by hiding Zak in the Scummvm flow and then hiding every other ScummVm game in he C64 flow. I tried it but I'm unsuccessful, is there a way to do this thing? Thanks in advance!
No SNES Games don't have to be 31 to 36 - that was just an example. you can make them whatever category numbers you want to be. Open up categories_v4.ini in wiiflow/settings and look for the [GENERAL] section. there you can specify how many categories you want and set the name for each category. don't worry about the other sections wiiflow should take care of those for you. so yes you can have categories for scummvm and c64 and others.

As for hiding zak game. first off why would the c64 version show up when you want scummvm games? why are you using one source btn for both frodo and scummvm?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, I totally misunderstood.:sad: Please excuse me but english is not my native language

I know I made a strange question, but I'll try to explain:
In my source menu I'm trying to have 1 button for each system (Snes, C64, Dos, Arcade ...). So, for example, I'm using Scummvm , Dosbox and Prboom together for PC games.

Scummvm emulates, among the other games, the C64 version of Zak. It's far better using Scummvm for this game than Frodo, mostly because of IR mouse control, so that's why I'd like to have Zak for Scummvm to show up in my C64 emuflow, to get the best of the two worlds. The problem here is that Scummvm is hard coded to take game titles from an unique scummvm.ini file. You can't have two of them.

However, to overcome this limitation I've had an idea that I want to try: if I add each game twice to scummvm.ini renaming the second copy of each to something else, I may be able to categorize them to show up in Dos coverflow and to be hidden in C64 coverflow and vice versa.
I'll try this when I'll have more time.

Thanks fledge for your patience, your work is awesome.:)

jackson pesto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
okay - let me try to explain categories. since i added the ability to select multiple sources from the source menu (for example - wii games, snes games, and sega games) you can have as many categories as you want but they will be applied to whatever source(s) you have selected to view. so as I have said before you can make the first 20 for wii games and the next ten for movies and the next 6 for snes games for a total of 36 categories. the problem is when you select category 5 for wii games to see for example only sports games and then you change the source to movies or snes then you won't see any games or movies because they don't belong to category 5 (wii sports games). you have to go to the category menu and deselect category 5. I probably should add something to wiiflow so that when you change the source it automatically clears the category menu (except for any that you have marked as hidden). so if you like this idea then I'll see about adding it.

@jackson pesto I think this might be your problem too.

"I probably should add something to wiiflow so that when you change the source it automatically clears the category menu"

yes yes yes!!!! that would fix all my problem in categories!!!!!! but yes, i do use category 1 as my hidden category.. i would prefer to have that one never cleared hmm

hmm i forget i also always have categorys for my nand views... maybe auto clearing is not such a good idea.. or maybe always autoclear with exception of top categorys 1-3 ?

triptophan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to do this on magic number basis
So open your theme ini file and add this section if not present:
You need to have "MagicNumber#=Cover.jpg" under the blank covers section

Thanks! That worked out great! I think I can now get to everything I run on my Wii via Wiiflow now.

Example new source menu icons:
sample.jpg

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm i forget i also always have categorys for my nand views... maybe auto clearing is not such a good idea.. or maybe always autoclear with exception of top categorys 1-3 ?
That wouldn't work for everybody cuz categories 1-3 might be different. Although I believe clearing categories is a good idea once a multiple source view is changed, that might have implications maybe a choice in WiiFlow.ini in case people don't want categories cleared.

jackson pesto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That wouldn't work for everybody cuz categories 1-3 might be different. Although I believe clearing categories is a good idea once a multiple source view is changed, that might have implications maybe a choice in WiiFlow.ini in case people don't want categories cleared.

yes i see that is true. maybe feldge can make it so categories clears only when switching from multiple source views. and on-off option in .ini is good idea too as you wrote

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i see that is true. maybe feldge can make it so categories clears only when switching from multiple source views. and on-off option in .ini is good idea too as you wrote
ok, first off the on off option in wiiflow.ini would be good but I really hate to add any more options to wiiflow.ini. second it doesn't matter if you are selecting multi sources or just single sources. for example - if you select wii single source and set some category and then go to snes single source you won't see any games unless the snes games are in the same category as the wii games. the best way to do it is to clear categories every time you change source no matter if it's multi or single. this would also cut down users complaining of no games showing up because they forgot that they set a category on. but hidden categories will not change.

VFCalado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance to add a option to load a GC game from neek2o/real nand? like in wiiware games.

I have installed Quadforce in real nand and in emunand Dios Mios, to play GC games i must go to "Exit to neek2o" to play correctly.

Tanks in advance...

Reactions: jackson pesto

jackson pesto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any chance to add a option to load a GC game from neek2o/real nand? like in wiiware games.

I have installed Quadforce in real nand and in emunand Dios Mios, to play GC games i must go to "Exit to neek2o" to play correctly.

Tanks in advance...

thatis great idea really. i do the same

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7