Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another of my wacky ideas...

Please excuse the poor quality of my EASYCrAP.
I feel the help info needs greatly updated, and proceeded to turn the wiiflowiki into a user manual. Well I made 10 pages anyway, just as a test. Anyway, anywhere there is mention of a video, it can be played using mplayer. There are also some things I still don't understand, such as what the hook types do. Is there any mention of all the settings and what they do on the wiki? If anyone would like to add anything they feel needs explained about wiiflow that should be in there... Thoughts?

Reactions: MassiveRican

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another of my wacky ideas...

Please excuse the poor quality of my EASYCrAP.
I feel the help info needs greatly updated, and proceeded to turn the wiiflowiki into a user manual. Well I made 10 pages anyway, just as a test. Anyway, anywhere there is mention of a video, it can be played using mplayer. There are also some things I still don't understand, such as what the hook types do. Is there any mention of all the settings and what they do on the wiki? If anyone would like to add anything they feel needs explained about wiiflow that should be in there... Thoughts?

I like the way you made the wiiflowiki into a user guide book on screen - one more thing maybe you should stop smoking. :) Just Kidding - nasty cough you got.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the way you made the wiiflowiki into a user guide book on screen - one more thing maybe you should stop smoking. :) Just Kidding - nasty cough you got.
LMFAO! That was my dad. Unfortunately my easycap doesn't work as it should, and instead of the wii audio, you get my laptop mic. Heh... So let's talk turkey. Would this be of interest to anyone, should I keep going with the wiki on box covers route, or should the WUM be more gui, feature,controls, and setting specific?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just made a new thing on request, a forwarder loader for bootmii boot2.
If you have bootmii boot2 installed and you directly want to boot into wiiflow this is what you want to use.
To use this just copy over the "armboot.bin" into a folder called "bootmii" on your sd card, if that folder already exist then make a backup of it first.
Plug in the sd card into the wii and now if you turn on the wii you should be directly in wiiflow.
For all developers, the sourcecode is included into the zip.
Have fun!
Download on google code.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Interestingly, looking at these reports on the Devolution thread it seems that r196 must somehow auto-detect when the timer fix is needed and apply it automatically. The loader option must be just in case it doesn't detect some game that needs it so it can be forced.

ANYWAY...

...for those using the Devolution plugin, I had made a pack with some additional INI files to set the new options (the ones for the speed-fix might not be needed ... but you can choose whether to keep them just in case .. or just delete those ones all together.)

These include one to turn on the speed-fix, one to turn on the speed-fix AND widescreen, and another one for F-Zero AX

Normal config
http://www.mediafire.com/?s4fq79sln8mdhj0

Alt config (Devolution dummy files / shared files with DM(L) )
http://www.mediafire.com/?yh9b8ur7pf1qk74
Included in the original download
Normal : 4445564f (DEVO)
Widescreen : 44455657 (DEVW)

Included in this pack
Speed-fix : 4465766f (Devo)
Speed-fix Widescreen : 44657657 (DevW)
F-Zero GX to AX patch : 44764158 (DvAX)
As always, also available on my plugin thread

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmm,

Well, I still have one problem with anything since a couple revs after 814... Select EmuNand Titles will not display. I don't have any VC on my nand, but I do have the entire NTSC-U WiiWare collection on it. Today I did a fresh install of 899 from scratch, and still the same problems. The same titles in every rev i've tried to update to since 814ish won't display.

Some titles i can confirm NOT displaying that are present and displaying in 814 are

3-2-1,Rattle Battle! - WCUE [NTSC-U]
5 Arcade Gems - W5AE [NTSC-U]
5 in 1 Solitaire - W5IE [NTSC-U]
5 Spots Party - W54E [NTSC-U]
101-in-1 - WAIE [NTSC-U]
Adventure Island - WTME [RF]
Adventure On Lost Island - Hidden Object Game - WKWE [NTSC-U]
Aha! I Found It! HOG - WITE [NTSC-U]
Aha! I Got It! Escape Game - WEME [NTSC-U]
Airport Mania - WAFE [NTSC-U]
And Yet It Moves - WAYE [NTSC-U]
Anima Ark of Sinners - WM7E [NTSC-U]
Ant Nation - WANE [NTSC-U]
Arcade Essentials - WACE [NTSC-U]
Around the world - WAEE [NTSC-U]
Astro Bugz Revenge - WATE [NTSC-U]
Aya - Cubes of Light - WAAE [RF]

And thats just #-A.

Out of #-A, Here's what IS displaying.

2 Fast 4 Gnomz - W24E [NTSC-U]
3D Pixel Racing - W3FE [NTSC-U]
Alien Crush Returns - WE9E [NTSC-U]
Amazing Brain Train! - WAZE [NTSC-U]
AquaSpace - WGPE [NTSC-U]
Arcade Sports - W4AE [NTSC-U]
ARKANOID Plus! - WBKE [NTSC-U]
Art of Balance - WABE [NTSC-U]
Art Style - Cubello - WPRE [NTSC-U]
Art Style - Light Trax - WALE [NTSC-U]
Art Style - Orbient - WOBE [NTSC-U]
Art Style - ROTOHEX - WDHE [NTSC-U]
Art Style - Rotozoa - WA8E [NTSC-U]

Can anyone else confirm that these wads are/are not displaying when you know you have them on your nand? Is there some kind of cache memory limit on emunand titles now?

I kinda need to keep tabs on wiiware covers, so this has been a huge issue for me, and i haven't been able to experience any of the new joy added in the last 80 somethin' revs. :(

Can someone pleeease help me get to the bottom of this?

Edit: Some notes after checking out my cache (db) files that seem odd.

rev 814 - Cache Size = 191kb -Cache is in alphabetical order (starts at W22E)

rev 899 - Cache Size = 101kb -Cache starts at WGVE and continues in an order that makes absolutely no sense at all.

mastershoes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good lookin' out Fix, appreciate it man, I know your busy as shiz.

Here's the uid.sys file.

Edit: Whoops, fixed the link :) First link was for my favorite 88 fingers louie album, lol.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
as guessed, check out the uid.sys in a hex editor, you will see the games missing you list are not in there, that means your way of installation didnt update the uid.sys, try it via showmiiwads or neek plus wad manager again.

Reactions: mastershoes

mastershoes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested by overwriting #-A and it was a success! Thanks much Fix, you've solved a what seems like age old riddle in a few sentences. Appreciate ya man!

Edit: While I'm posting here, i might as well add that there have been a few updates to the cover thread recently if you haven't stopped by in a minute.

hunter26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all!
I'm work with rev 898 and I found a problem with the feature IOS auto for some games like call of duty black ops and modern warfare 3. When a push play icon, it go directly at wii main screen. To fix it, I have to select manually ios 250 base 57 and everything work great. I suppose that the auto mode doesn't work like before.

Thanks

jos3ang3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a small problem, I want use my trailers in my usb, but wiiflow gives me dsi error. Them only work putting in my sd. I modify too the route for trailers in my wiiflow.ini too but it gives dsi error ever. How can i get it? :confused:

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all!
I'm work with rev 898 and I found a problem with the feature IOS auto for some games like call of duty black ops and modern warfare 3. When a push play icon, it go directly at wii main screen. To fix it, I have to select manually ios 250 base 57 and everything work great. I suppose that the auto mode doesn't work like before.

Thanks
It must be a problem at your end, it works fine for me (i tested the same games recently with wiiflow 4.1.1) and the code for it hasn't changed in a while..

Wheaties

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this isn't a noob question. I've been trying to mass cache my emu roms with hq covers enabled, and it always stops after the first 20 or so roms. I can only get it to resume if I restart the wii, or if I start and exit a game. Eventually it will give me a stack dump error, and go into a reboot loop. I've done a fresh install of Abz's masterpiece pack (rev 899) on usb and I have verified that all of my box covers are correct. Any ideas? Please? I'd rather not have to turn HQ covers off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya