Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this isn't a noob question. I've been trying to mass cache my emu roms with hq covers enabled, and it always stops after the first 20 or so roms. I can only get it to resume if I restart the wii, or if I start and exit a game. Eventually it will give me a stack dump error, and go into a reboot loop. I've done a fresh install of Abz's masterpiece pack (rev 899) on usb and I have verified that all of my box covers are correct. Any ideas? Please? I'd rather not have to turn HQ covers off.
Hey Wheaties, here's a mini Mass Cover Caching Guide I made not too long ago. Try some things out, it should help. Post back with results let me know if it helped and/or how WiiFlow reacted for u.

Another suggestion I didn't mention there would be to turn off Hq covers until the caching is done and then turn it back on.

Once you're done caching you can also play around with the cover buffer option in WiiFlow.ini to see more covers at once. I usually keep it @36 sometimes 40. I dont go any higher unless i want to show off certain flows to my friends like in the Starnight Theme (my personal fave). Ensure your not using the default theme w/default.ini. It just doesn't work for mass cover caching.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I just tested the music player plugin and found 2 bugs there:
1. I know the plugin uses the internal player but it seems sound files on different partition are not playing (ex. WF dol on SD and music folder on USB)
2. Custom missing cover is not showing when using this plugin too, just the default missing cover

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple more questions for you guys - I've scoured the Wiki and spot checked around this big thread, and didn't find the answers, so hopefully you guys don't mind some basics-
1. How do trailers work? Minimum Wiiflow version? Someone mentioned renaming to first three letters to the Game ID? I assumed the file location is /wiiflow/Trailers. Mine don't work, so I'm doing something wrong.

2. Do we have a good source for fanart? I saw and tried a tool in AdballahTerro's pack for auto downloading fanart. Very cool idea, but only about 30 got downloaded, out of a library of more then 300. Maybe I'll try that again now, since I have some time.

Thanks guys, for making the Wii fun again,
Gassy

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have two folders in the music folder
Ramazzotti-Noi
Moda-Gioia
with inside mp3
but I see only the music of the first folder
how to see all the music folders

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys, FIX94 here, felt like releasing 4.1.2 today, theres not much changed but still they are bugs in 4.1.1 we should fix fast ;)
-fixed a fatal bug that you cant see your wii games on first boot
-fixed plugin music doesnt work if you dont have background music normally
-fixed custom missing covers doesnt work properly
-rewrote parts of the alphabetic sort system, now the plugins in the plugin menu are also sorted
-added support for korean wii games (use it with neek or a korean wii)
-removed the press b on channel icon to switch to emu nand and back, this is now done on the fly by just selecting NAND as partition, of course this function is still completely disabled for neek users ;)
-removed the ios and force cios load options from the ini so they are only settable in the wiiflow startup menu from now on, that should stop wiiflow with mixing up ini and nand save options
-added a ini option to disable the source menu, use_source (enabled by default)
-finally added a "Back" button to the startup menu
-added plugin subfolder cache file creation to prevent overwriting on same filenames based on the coverFolder option in plugin inis, "subfolder_cache" in "EMULATOR" domain, enabled by default (thx matt0620 for base patches)
Download on google code as always.

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just made a new thing on request, a forwarder loader for bootmii boot2.
If you have bootmii boot2 installed and you directly want to boot into wiiflow this is what you want to use.
To use this just copy over the "armboot.bin" into a folder called "bootmii" on your sd card, if that folder already exist then make a backup of it first.
Plug in the sd card into the wii and now if you turn on the wii you should be directly in wiiflow.
For all developers, the sourcecode is included into the zip.
Have fun!
Download on google code.
is this working with wiiflow on Sd card or only with a wiiflow fowarder on NAND? i can't gete a video output with it

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, FIX94 here, felt like releasing 4.1.2 today, theres not much changed but still they are bugs in 4.1.1 we should fix fast ;)
-fixed a fatal bug that you cant see your wii games on first boot
-fixed plugin music doesnt work if you dont have background music normally
-fixed custom missing covers doesnt work properly
-rewrote parts of the alphabetic sort system, now the plugins in the plugin menu are also sorted
-added support for korean wii games (use it with neek or a korean wii)
-removed the press b on channel icon to switch to emu nand and back, this is now done on the fly by just selecting NAND as partition, of course this function is still completely disabled for neek users ;)
-removed the ios and force cios load options from the ini so they are only settable in the wiiflow startup menu from now on, that should stop wiiflow with mixing up ini and nand save options
-added a ini option to disable the source menu, use_source (enabled by default)
-finally added a "Back" button to the startup menu
-added plugin subfolder cache file creation to prevent overwriting on same filenames based on the coverFolder option in plugin inis, "subfolder_cache" in "EMULATOR" domain, enabled by default (thx matt0620 for base patches)
Download on google code as always.
the real question is:
does this include the EMUFLOW SUBFOLDER CACHEING that was posted earlier in this thread?
the beta with that patch allows me to have different covers for my "strider" games, since all plugins do not cache in the same directory thanks to the patching...
i will not update until this feature is officially supported. THANK YOU!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the real question is:
does this include the EMUFLOW SUBFOLDER CACHEING that was posted earlier in this thread?
the beta with that patch allows me to have different covers for my "strider" games, since all plugins do not cache in the same directory thanks to the patching...
i will not update until this feature is officially supported. THANK YOU!
thats correct, I've implemented it on my own way but it does basically the same ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol