Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried a few in the releases in the 800's, even 886, but the artwork was loading really slow. 888 loads just fine and the selector works like it should. Thank you all for your time.
no prob, your UN and avatar are hilarious btw, I got a good laugh, PremiumSaltine :lol:
Check out Defraggler, it's the best defrag utility I've used by far and it's helped me with slow cover loading on WiiFlow the past couple of weeks. It's made an obvious improvement. It let's you actually defrag single files and has been quite the blessing lately. Check it out I'm sure you won't be dissapointed, you'll see just how good your current defrag utility is. I was very disappointed at what I thought was a good choice for defragging turned out to be total crap. Defraggler and Contig are the way to go from now on.

Reactions: Maxternal

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
T'sup guys, I put up a vid showing how you can hide the double covers for Parent/Child Roms for FBA Cores Plugins like CPS1/2/NEO. Check it out. I suggest to use one cover only for the child rom and Hide the parent rom which will have the default image of the theme w/no cover. That way you'll conserve space on your HDD. If you already had it setup like me you'll have to delete the parent covers and cache then reload cache. *Ahem* Excuse the shitty hand holding iPhone quality :sleep:

If you're using BostonBC's categories_v4.ini, just add
Code:
cat20=Hidden
and change this to
Code:
numcategories=21
if you have a custom file just change the numbers accordingly and don't forget to always +1 your total for numcategories=. That simple.

EDIT: Wow just seen the vids that show up after mine "immunizations w/o pain" WTF!? :huh:

markyboy77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.getinthehole.info
XP
Country
Could anyone help me with my problem?

I have moved new games onto my ext HD but the new games i have put on are not showing up in the loader along with all the others. I know i have put the games on ok as they are showing up fine in USB Loader GX and Configurable USB loader to.

Just annoying as WiiFlow is my loader of choice so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Mark

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
For those having wanting to leave their GameCube games in
/games/blahblah/game.iso
and use with my Devolution plugin but are having troubles with all of them showing up with the name as just "game" I've put together some alternate INI files that will help that situation.

http://www.mediafire.com/?or1fc1cs2c4umul

It goes along with the idea that I mentioned in this post
5. Edit the Devolution.ini file for the plugin and in the arguments= setting change where it says {name} to game.iso. Also in the fileTypes= setting change the .iso to something else like .gc. THEN you create a dummy file called gamename.gc next to the game.iso file so that you have both a dummy file
/games/gamename/gamename.GC
and the real ISO file
/games/gamename/game.ISO
PROS : Your Devolution games will still show up in other loaders. ONLY your Devolution games will show up in the Devolution plugin.
CONS : Your Devolution games will not show up in the sample loader.

and the package also contains a special plugin prep app to create the right files for WiiFlow to show the right name.
See the included readmii file for further details.

I'll also post this on the plugin thread

EDIT : I have later realized that this would allow the DM(L) and GC-GX plugins to share the same dummy files in the /games folder so I made another couple of INI's for THOSE plugins and packed them in, too, but with ONLY the Devo Plugin Prep app that would be needed in that situation.
http://www.mediafire.com/?w4n3r0v1e0l8f5l

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I made some adjustments to the WiiFlow Crap autoboot plugin. I put back all the normal arguments, too, that WiiFlow takes so it could function more normally as a boot.dol in HBC too (for what it's worth) AND I took out the automatic cache delete when changing revs so it won't cause problems when the main boot.dol is a different rev. (not sure if this was actually happening or not but just in case ... It does at lease SEEM to load a bit quicker now from my limited testing.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ihk8hoz6lh1t29x

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oooh, fantastic program!! :D Usually only played the various emulators, but this with mastershoes fabulous covers - never going back!
Problem though (be aware I'm a wiiflow n00b) - updated to r888 and have decided to switch to the other snes covers... still getting the old covers showing up though, and reloading the cache isn't fixing this issue. I've actually replaced my images on the sd card with the new ones - is cache reloading broken on this release, and if so, is there an alternate way of fixing this?

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, fantastic program!! :D Usually only played the various emulators, but this with mastershoes fabulous covers - never going back!
Problem though (be aware I'm a wiiflow n00b) - updated to r888 and have decided to switch to the other snes covers... still getting the old covers showing up though, and reloading the cache isn't fixing this issue. I've actually replaced my images on the sd card with the new ones - is cache reloading broken on this release, and if so, is there an alternate way of fixing this?

U should also delete "Cache" folder in Wiiflow/cache......should start loading new images :mthr:

Reactions: mightymuffy

PremiumSaltine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back with another question. I tried searching through this thread and only found an answer that didn't work. I'm trying to figure out how to hide disc 2 of GC games. The one response I saw said to put disc 2 in a category and hid that category, but that just ends up hiding the entire game. So, is there any way to hide disc 2? Thanks again.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Back with another question. I tried searching through this thread and only found an answer that didn't work. I'm trying to figure out how to hide disc 2 of GC games. The one response I saw said to put disc 2 in a category and hid that category, but that just ends up hiding the entire game. So, is there any way to hide disc 2? Thanks again.
There's no way to hide disc-2 YET in the traditional GameCube Coverflow. What you CAN do is use either my DM(L) Booter plugin or my GX Crap plugin. They actually CAN'T show the 2nd disk. I think the DM(L) Booter would start up a little faster but the GX plugin can remember separate settings for each game where DM(L) Booter can't.

Both are on my plugin thread : http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/

Reactions: PremiumSaltine

PremiumSaltine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to hide disc-2 yet in the traditional GameCube Coverflow. What you CAN do is use either my DM(L) Booter plugin or my GX Crap plugin. They actually CAN'T show the 2nd disk. I think the DM(L) Booter would start up a little faster but the GX plugin can remember separate settings for each game where DM(L) Booter can't.

Both are on my plugin thread : http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/
I tried the plugin, and while it accomplishes what I'm looking for, it makes everything else way more difficult and makes the file naming/names a pain. It's a shame hiding disc 2 isn't just an option in WiiFlow. Thank you anyway, though.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the plugin, and while it accomplishes what I'm looking for, it makes everything else way more difficult and makes the file naming/names a pain. It's a shame hiding disc 2 isn't just an option in WiiFlow. Thank you anyway, though.
Well it's a request I made a while back and there is definitely interest in this by the way. fix94 is in real life mode right now taking care of business, I'm sure sometime in the near future we might get a fix for this.

Also a custom.ini file to work with emulators would be epic as well. Just throwing it out there.

oh and my bad about the proposed solution, it was definitely botched. It works for emu games but not for games based on Game_ID

Reactions: macmanhigh

PremiumSaltine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right I wanted to add some way for disc 2 games lol, may should finally fix that
edit:
well, you guys might test that for me plz:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u4tibf8b5r9dd3r
This is r891 and should fix that hiding problem for disc 2.
Tested.. It almost works right. No matter which disc I set as the hidden category, it hides disc one and only shows disc 2.

PremiumSaltine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it should automatically swap to disk 2 in game when needed with either devolution or DM(L) so it shouldn't matter which one you start the game with and which one gets hidden.
It does matter a little, simply because of the name of the game on the list. Every game with 2 disks is listed as "Game Name Disc 2". It looks a little funny.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got some problems with the genplus gx plugin. After some play time it freezes when trying to access the menu or it goes to a black screen when clicking return to loader.
I use it from an USB hard drive.
Is this a known problem or does it happen only to me? I can't find any info about it :unsure:
Yeah I could always use genplus retro, but it has its problems too: some games like Monster World IV or Addams Family, have shrunk horizontal resolution for some strange reason

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway