Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
appreciate the 4.0.5 update, fingers crossed save game emu will work again off sd (read someone comment it fixed their emunand problems)
Thanks FIX94

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a hell of a time here with wiiFlow. Any attempt to find help elsewhere leads to dead links and dead downloads, so I'm resorting to posting here on GBAtemp.

Where do codes for wiiflow v4.0.5 go on the SD card? What format should they be in?
I'm trying to use it as my one and only loader, but it keeps being a huge p.i.t.a. Right now, I'm trying to get it to load brawl codes for texture/model/stage/music swaps. It doesn't even recognize any TXT or GCT file I put on the SD card. I've tried root\codes, wiiflow\codes, root\txtcodes and everything else under the sun and it refuses to recognize their existence. Other USB loaders recognize the GCT\txt file and load the codes with no problem, but I want to use wiiflow exclusively, as much as possible.

An entirely separate but equally annoying problem I'm having is that it always gets stuck initializing network whenever I try to DL a code list or Cover. The wii can go on the internet just fine, but wiiflow always gets stuck on that step. The wiimote cursor still functions. If I hit cancel, it goes to "canceling" and never comes out of it. I've let it try to cancel for over 30 minutes before hard resetting. I'm fully aware I can go to wiitdb to get the covers myself, however I want to see if anyone else is also having this problem or if it's just me. My older version of wiiflow never had this problem, and its one of the early builds.

I'm not having any trouble loading any particular game, so I didn't think an IOS/system readout was necessary. Just codes and online are being a big pain. Any ideas?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off, thanks FIX and thanks Abz! you guys are awesome. its been a while for me but now that i am moved into my place and settled for the most part i can get back to using Wiiflow!

Did a clean install, r813, picked some stuff from Abz pack. all seems working good, the first time i tried emunand games it failed. i haven't gone back since. not sure why it failed, nothing changed from the last time it worked (on my emunand that is). got wiisx working, that is a cool. not too functional yet, but still cool, IQ works ok, THPS fails on load, i know its the emulator not wiiflow.

i do have a problem that has persisted for quite a while now. for some reason im getting dupes and trips listings for my emulators. for some reason, NES if triplicated and all genesis is duplicated. there is only one rom and one cover on the sd card. PSX is not duplicated and neither is the two movies i have on there. strange that only SOME of the plugins duplicate and not others. i thought may be it was due to having multiple apps that can load each system but even when i select just ONE plugin it still is replicated.

awesome job FIX, as usual you are the man for wiiflow.

whats next cloud saves? lol

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
first off, thanks FIX and thanks Abz! you guys are awesome. its been a while for me but now that i am moved into my place and settled for the most part i can get back to using Wiiflow!

Did a clean install, r813, picked some stuff from Abz pack. all seems working good, the first time i tried emunand games it failed. i haven't gone back since. not sure why it failed, nothing changed from the last time it worked (on my emunand that is). got wiisx working, that is a cool. not too functional yet, but still cool, IQ works ok, THPS fails on load, i know its the emulator not wiiflow.

i do have a problem that has persisted for quite a while now. for some reason im getting dupes and trips listings for my emulators. for some reason, NES if triplicated and all genesis is duplicated. there is only one rom and one cover on the sd card. PSX is not duplicated and neither is the two movies i have on there. strange that only SOME of the plugins duplicate and not others. i thought may be it was due to having multiple apps that can load each system but even when i select just ONE plugin it still is replicated.

awesome job FIX, as usual you are the man for wiiflow.

whats next cloud saves? lol
Duplicated files are usually caused by plugin ini extension line i.e. fileTypes line

Illustrative example for genplus-gx_cd.ini
fileTypes=.iso|.bin|.cue
will make games duplicated since cue file can coexist with both ISO and Bin
while
fileTypes=.iso|.bin
will fix the issue
I think some zipped games can cause this too but not 100% sure

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have to basically remove plugins i dont need/want and it will stop duplicating? some formats are just unavoidable to duplicate, like sega cd and psx, i've got some that are both bin and cue.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
so i have to basically remove plugins i dont need/want and it will stop duplicating? some formats are just unavoidable to duplicate, like sega cd and psx, i've got some that are both bin and cue.
Or you could put sega CD, PSX, and Saturn games in separate folders ;)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I was wondering along the same lines if something like that could be implemented.
If in homebrew on Wii emulation mode on the Wii U I would wonder if you have access to the USB or other items needed to run games from hard disk.
I am sure those with that level of knowledge are working on that now.
It would be real cool to run regular Wii games on the Wii U and then hopefully somewhere down the line the Wii U native mode will be cracked.
Devolution has already shown that access to USB with IOS58 is still doable. The SD card is also quite accessible.
USUALLY it's the IOS itself that does a IOS reload (and that it only looks for from NAND) Just overwriting the right addresses in RAM where the current IOS is stored seems TOO simple but I wonder why exactly that wouldn't quite work. It seems that if you just knew where some particular function IS in RAM and you can overwrite it and tell the IOS to run it, you'd have gained control over the Starlet processor that runs the IOS and then you could do whatever you want.

(I just want WiiFlow to be the FIRST one to get something like this working and be able to run backups on a WiiU ... but I understand if it's too complicated to actually implement.)

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get this error in wiiflow (4.0.5) with emunand (4.2U) using neek2o (v95b3) "failed disc_open", i cant play wii games in emunand.... somebody help me...??

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone could point me towards a tutorial to parse ocarina codes correctly for wiiflow that'd be really great. It refuses to recognize any codes created by any programs out there currently, so don't bother sending me links to programs. It also fails at reading the very same codes it downloads with its own code DL feature, so I thought that was kinda odd. Is this a known bug and will be fixed or what? Why does it use such a ***backwards format in the txt files?

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should I not be able to plug 2 usb drives in and have wiiflow recognize them both? I am trying to have one drive for wiifllow/apps and GC, and another to house the ntsc Wii set but it is a no go. wiiflow will not boot, it just throws me back to the wii system menu. I could swear I read a while back that both ports are supported. Same with loader-GX. L-GX will at least boot but will not display anything off the drives?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the r813 dol and it loaded once, then stack dumped second time.

Reverting to r804 works fine, but my copy of wii play motion seems to have died for some unknown reason.... pretty sure it worked before.... :/

EDIT:

r804-r808 all work just fine (wii play motion still crashes so I will make a new rip and try that game again, but all other games work fine)

r813 + the 4.0.5 from the googlecode page both are 50:50 whether it loads or dumps.

Tried clean instal of 4.0.5 and it still code dumps or hangs.

EDIT 2:

r808 loads a few of my games, but not all of them.. disney universe and wii play both load and black screen.

reverting to 804 those 2 games wont load either only black screen:(

EDIT 3:

Donkey Kong Country Returns : loading bar comes up after clicking to load game, loads half way and hangs on loading bar??

Wiiflow has always been the best for me, hardly any issues ever, but today everything is going weird :(

Final edit:

Half of my games have stopped working, I have now tested them through neogamma as well and they still dont load, I have no idea what bad luck I am having today but this sucks.

I tried:

clean install of 4.0.5 = stack dump on start up
clean install of 4.0.4 = working but now most my games are borked
clean install r813 = same results as 4.0.5
clean install of r804 = same results as 4.0.4 now, something must have gone wrong somewhere.

smash bros, NSMB (and all hacked versions of it), mario kart, sonic colours, wiifit, the zeldas all work.

Wii play motion, wii party, disney u, donkey kong all seem to have been corrupted.
813 is working nicely for me with DKCR, Disney U and others.

Have you tried a cache rebuild? Or a complete cache folder deletion? Sounds like you have a corruption problem.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Abz, this looks like it may help.
Edit: I finally got Sega CD to work with music now! :grog: My problem was I wasn't converting Hz right and changing to 16 bits.
Thanks Abz and leftwingzero for taking the time to assist me thru this.
If someone could point me towards a tutorial to parse ocarina codes correctly for wiiflow that'd be really great. It refuses to recognize any codes created by any programs out there currently, so don't bother sending me links to programs. It also fails at reading the very same codes it downloads with its own code DL feature, so I thought that was kinda odd. Is this a known bug and will be fixed or what? Why does it use such a ***backwards format in the txt files?
have you try setting the VBI on? I once had a simular problem and Mr. Fix94 pointed that out to me..

Reactions: leftwingzero

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
No, don't remove a thing.
You only need to edit the filetypes line for the plugin with duplicates.
I also recommend using these rompaths: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wwp26brxxex2wlu

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
813 is working nicely for me with DKCR, Disney U and others.

Have you tried a cache rebuild? Or a complete cache folder deletion? Sounds like you have a corruption problem.

Yup and yup.

Yeah, I'm not saying it was Wiiflow, but yesterday my WBFS partition got quite a few games corrupted 6/22 (they wont load on any loader out there now), but that doesn't change the fact 813/4.0.5 dumps on me 50% of the time :(

Anyway: I decided to convert my WBFS drive to fat32 with W2F, so now I have them in folders (as I should have done a long time ago), so I was just wondering if there was a tool/easy method to recover those 6 games based on the *.WBFS files I have now, or should I just delete them as corrupt and move on?

Going to try another 813/4.0.5 series of clean installs today.

Thanks for every ones input :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup and yup.

Yeah, I'm not saying it was Wiiflow, but yesterday my WBFS partition got quite a few games corrupted 6/22 (they wont load on any loader out there now), but that doesn't change the fact 813/4.0.5 dumps on me 50% of the time :(

Anyway: I decided to convert my WBFS drive to fat32 with W2F, so now I have them in folders (as I should have done a long time ago), so I was just wondering if there was a tool/easy method to recover those 6 games based on the *.WBFS files I have now, or should I just delete them as corrupt and move on?

Going to try another 813/4.0.5 series of clean installs today.

Thanks for every ones input :)
Ah, I only use FAT32 on a single 2TB partition. Haven't used WBFS in a long time.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:)

I had the "if it aint broke" mentality until yesterdays drama.

Never had a single issue with WBFS until yesterday.

Reading around, it seems I should cut my losses and obtain those games again somehow.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you use any theme, background music, source menu icons or something like that? I heard that some themes make alot of problems in game boot at the current state, you may should try to disable the theme or remove the wav files from the theme folder...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill