Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wiiflow is only loading 12 wii covers at once and leaves the rest blank until I move over then It loads them but loses the last cover. I've tried to reload cache and all but still a no go. Suggestions anybody?? Thanks.
Look in your apps/wiiflow.ini for this line in the [GENERAL] section:

cover_buffer=xx

I believe the new default is 20... Be careful if you set it too high as it will chew up more memory.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Cannot do any real testing until this weekend.

Till then just some tinkering possible.

Where do the movie covers go?

Got a bundle of jpg in 900 x 600 resolution, but I can change resolutions and formats if needed.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wiiflow is only loading 12 wii covers at once and leaves the rest blank until I move over then It loads them but loses the last cover. I've tried to reload cache and all but still a no go. Suggestions anybody?? Thanks.
Look in your apps/wiiflow.ini for this line in the [GENERAL] section:

cover_buffer=xx

I believe the new default is 20... Be careful if you set it too high as it will chew up more memory.
Thanks bostonBC. Mine was set to 40 and it seemed to do the trick. :D

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cannot do any real testing until this weekend.

Till then just some tinkering possible.

Where do the movie covers go?

Got a bundle of jpg in 900 x 600 resolution, but I can change resolutions and formats if needed.
If this helps, I got my covers placed at usb: wiiflow/boxcovers/Movies As far as format and size goes, I use the standard Wii cover size for full DVD/Blu-Ray case covers and use .png as the format. I think you can use .jpeg now cuz I believe Fix added that into Wiiflow not long ago..

KingMiniMoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem to make the NAND (extracting). The system send me the message "Impossible find the valid FAT partition"
I have the micro SD kingston 4Mb formatted to Fat32.
why?
I had this problem as well. What you should do is open the wiiflow.ini and manually edit the path to your NAND. You can find the ini in the apps/wiiflow folder.

I have a question myself. How do I get the Gamecube memory card emulator to work? When I turn it on the game tells me that it can't find a memory card. Is there a special file that I need?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
http://youtu.be/h2a6DIDYVd8

If you are in a coverflow with covers 1-up clicking on a game title works fine.

If you are in any of the 3-up coverflows, clicking the game cover code dumps.
You already tried the default ini from above? Because for me it works just fine, tried it with the default theme now.
Yes, exact same problem with the default.ini that I re-downloaded. Works fine on 1-up coverflows, code-dumps when clicking a cover on any of the 3-up coverflows.

Edit - just checked again, it code dumps on both of the panel coverflows too. Looks like anything with more than 1-row.

And if I am in a 1-up coverflow, click on a game and then switch coverflows by pressing 1 or 2 it will correctly show that cover but if I click the left or right to move to a different game it code dumps. Could it be a bug in the banner loading code?
You can try to delete te coverflows from default.ini and keep just a couple. don't forget to edit number of coverflows too.
If all works well then memory issue is confirmed, just increase the number of coverflows to see what's the limit for you.
I decreased mine from 15 to 12 and now never had this issue again.
:)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after reading bostonbc's tests i tested my wiiflow r616 and got the same or similar results. Wiiflow crashes on coverflows with more than one row for me mainly after selecting a game and moving left or right. also noticed when i switch a theme (which i can only do once otherwise it crashes) and go to a coverflow with 3 or more rows wiiflow only shows 20 or so covers around the main one and when i move left or right new ones don't appear until the others start going off the screen.

My logical guess is it's coverflow corruption related.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
after reading bostonbc's tests i tested my wiiflow r616 and got the same or similar results. Wiiflow crashes on coverflows with more than one row for me mainly after selecting a game and moving left or right. also noticed when i switch a theme (which i can only do once otherwise it crashes) and go to a coverflow with 3 or more rows wiiflow only shows 20 or so covers around the main one and when i move left or right new ones don't appear until the others start going off the screen.

more rows = more covers displayed = more memory needed >> breaking point
when you change themes you still have lots of junk in memory from previous theme that's why it happens faster.
can you try with just 2 coverflows (on single row and one multirow)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You already tried the default ini from above? Because for me it works just fine, tried it with the default theme now.
Yes, exact same problem with the default.ini that I re-downloaded. Works fine on 1-up coverflows, code-dumps when clicking a cover on any of the 3-up coverflows.

Edit - just checked again, it code dumps on both of the panel coverflows too. Looks like anything with more than 1-row.

And if I am in a 1-up coverflow, click on a game and then switch coverflows by pressing 1 or 2 it will correctly show that cover but if I click the left or right to move to a different game it code dumps. Could it be a bug in the banner loading code?
You can try to delete te coverflows from default.ini and keep just a couple. don't forget to edit number of coverflows too.
If all works well then memory issue is confirmed, just increase the number of coverflows to see what's the limit for you.
this is the reason why i make my theme's with one line in coverflow, as far as i can tell it will not crashs, only when i put a 2-3 line coverflow for the theme.
the only other issue with the themes i have, is after selecting a theme. then switching back to a different theme i get the crash. also my background music doesn't load up when switching the themes. only after the crash an wiiflow restarts do i hear my background music.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"Wiiflow crashes on coverflows with more than one row for me mainly after selecting a game and moving left or right."

yep, i can verify this too... : /

yea i have that issue too

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
opening up your wiiflow.ini and enable sd logging in DEBUG section :P
:) I will try and remember that one.

Here's the log. I went in with 1-up coverflow, switched to a second 1-up coverflow and then a 3-up coverflow clicked a game and it code dumped.

Looks like the logs shows the 2 coverflows starting and stopping and the 3rd starting before it code dumped.

Welcome to WiiFlow (3.2RC2-r428)!
This is the debug output.
Loading cIOS: 249
Reloading into IOS 249 from 58 (AHBPROT: 0)...
Going to show a wait message screen, delay: 5, # images: 8
OK, Current IOS: 249
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
Loaded cIOS: 249 has base 56
SD Card found.
Changing USB port to port 0....
* HDD Information
* Sectors: 3907029166
* Size [Sector Size]: 1.956 TB [512]
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: usb1:/apps/wiiflow
DIOS-MIOS (Lite) not found
Loading cIOS map
Found cIOS in slot 222
Found cIOS in slot 223
Found cIOS in slot 224
Found d2x base 56 in slot 249
Found d2x base 57 in slot 250
Data Directory: usb1:/wiiflow
Loading files containing .ogg|.mp3 in usb1:/wiiflow/themes/Default/music
Loading music list from path: usb1:/wiiflow/themes/Default/music
Calling list to update filelist
Loading files containing .ogg|.mp3 in usb1:/wiiflow/music
Loading music list from path: usb1:/wiiflow/music
Calling list to update filelist
SHND: Running sound thread
Trying to open 'usb1:/wiiflow/settings/wiitdb.xml'...success
Checking game offsets
Loading items of usb view from usb1
Loading files containing .wbfs|.iso in usb1:/wbfs
Database file: usb1:/wiiflow/cache/lists/usb1_wbfs.db
update_games=0 update_homebrew=0 update_dml=0, update_emu=0
usb1:/wbfs
Games found: 1158
Now hide wait message
Stop showing images
Coverflow started!
Coverflow stopped!
Coverflow started!
Coverflow stopped!
Coverflow started!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I removed everything but the 3-up slanted coverflow and it did the exact same codedump when I clicked on a game. So I don't think it is a memory limitation on the number of coverflows in a theme.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
this is the reason why i make my theme's with one line in coverflow, as far as i can tell it will not crashs, only when i put a 2-3 line coverflow for the theme.
the only other issue with the themes i have, is after selecting a theme. then switching back to a different theme i get the crash. also my background music doesn't load up when switching the themes. only after the crash an wiiflow restarts do i hear my background music.
Hey at least the music works for u :P lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now apologize
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i already did
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Kenny didn't watch the Nintendo Direct, right?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, btw i already asked this a bit ago but you werent there so im asking it again. have you ever wore skirts before, and if you did, how does it feel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why am I going to waste an hour when I can read Chary summing it up for me in ten minutes
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes I had done. Was great, but never done it again since.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or watch the trailers individually
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, why not?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Lost interest.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, The trailers are all on the Nintendo YT.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, for me its the opposite, im interested in skirts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw going to sleep in 10 minutes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a photo of my mom's tits are saved in your phone
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, still not
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Psi still has plenty of uremum's photos on his phone.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm good night
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Police probably interrogated him, asking if the pics were hot.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone's phone gets taken by the police what are you doing on yours :mellow:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Excuse me sir, are these naked pics of kens mum?" ...yes officer. "Cool, can you send me those"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn by now you'd think Ken's mum would be in your auto fill category must be slacking
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It be more like this: Police Officer- "Cool, let me show you the ones I have on my phone."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sure your phone has a 1:1 copy of Diddy's
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm sure your phone has a 1:1 copy of Diddy's