Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the reason why i make my theme's with one line in coverflow, as far as i can tell it will not crashs, only when i put a 2-3 line coverflow for the theme.
the only other issue with the themes i have, is after selecting a theme. then switching back to a different theme i get the crash. also my background music doesn't load up when switching the themes. only after the crash an wiiflow restarts do i hear my background music.
Hey at least the music works for u :P lol
the last version that the music worked for me is rev 580. rev 581 and up the music never worked for me :(

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the reason why i make my theme's with one line in coverflow, as far as i can tell it will not crashs, only when i put a 2-3 line coverflow for the theme.
the only other issue with the themes i have, is after selecting a theme. then switching back to a different theme i get the crash. also my background music doesn't load up when switching the themes. only after the crash an wiiflow restarts do i hear my background music.
the last version that the music worked for me is rev 580. rev 581 and up the music never worked for me :(

I was looking for the most recent rev with audio last night to shoot this... found that r609 worked.

Reactions: 1 person

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was looking for the most recent rev with audio last night to shoot this... found that r609 worked.

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pu8NXHjvRxw[/media]
:O you are right, I tried rev 609 and it worked, now im going to check if rev 610 is working or no. thanks

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I personally think its finally time to make some new release on the official wiiflow svn, I know everyone got small bugs and issues, but hey some small things will always be in :P Here is the RC for the week, play around with it, if you get codedumps post them here, then we can directly fix it:
http://www.mediafire...mxrb70fcx83xzl6
Tried this along with replacing the default.ini file recently posted. Did a little testing and had no problems with Wii and GC loading (Devolution).

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='bostonBC']:
Here is a dol with banner display disabled:
http://www.mediafire...wmcrn8s3n5rxcth
That boot.dol works fine in 1-up or 3-up coverflows and I can click and go from game to game without a problem.

I did leave the setting sound_volume_bnr=0 but when I changed it back to sound_volume_bnr=255 it code dumped on 3-up displays.

So does that mean a problem in the sound routines?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to set up neek for use in wiiflow. I heard it makes wiiware compatability better. Not quite sure what to do or how it works.

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few observations I have noticed while running WiiFlow. I too had codedump screen when scrolling though some titles - I came to the realization that a few of my isos where located in "usb:/games" while the folder was still in "usb:/games/*title*" with the sys folder (apploader). This of course caused a crash as it didn't see the game .iso.. I know this is stupidity on my behalf (.iso where in game folder for Devolution to read them and get the keys but never moved back) but I was curious if better handling could be implemented if it didn't see the .iso correctly??

I also am still having Ocarina issues, WiiFlow or DIOS MIOS Booter do not load my .gct located in the game directory when enabled. I have generated these .gct files via Config USB Loader and it loads and plays them fine (while generating the given .gct in the directory of the given game.) Any ideas of what I could be overlooking?

I really would love to move to WiiFlow for my main loader, (Primarily for the NAND support) but I also love the feel of it. The only current issue preventing me from accomplishing this is the .gct error and with 5 kids (3 under the age of 3) that love playing games - these cheats can come in handy for not having to help them load a game every few minutes!

Thanks for the time guys!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='bostonBC']:
Here is a dol with debug output added for the whole banner process, enable sd logging and try it out, that should point us into a more clear direction:
http://www.mediafire...4iz11fg67997hwa
Here is the output... I went right into a 3-up coverflow and clicked a game and it code dumped. Interesting thing - as it restarted after the dump it flashed a screen for a second that showed the cover animation of it opening and being displayed. It was only a fraction of a second before it restarted but I thought you might want to know.

Welcome to WiiFlow (3.2RC3-r428)!
This is the debug output.
Loading cIOS: 249
Reloading into IOS 249 from 58 (AHBPROT: 0)...
Going to show a wait message screen, delay: 5, # images: 8
OK, Current IOS: 249
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
Loaded cIOS: 249 has base 56
SD Card found.
Changing USB port to port 0....
* HDD Information
* Sectors: 3907029166
* Size [Sector Size]: 1.956 TB [512]
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: usb1:/apps/wiiflow
DIOS-MIOS (Lite) not found
Loading cIOS map
Found cIOS in slot 222
Found cIOS in slot 223
Found cIOS in slot 224
Found d2x base 56 in slot 249
Found d2x base 57 in slot 250
Data Directory: usb1:/wiiflow
Loading files containing .ogg|.mp3 in usb1:/wiiflow/themes/Default/music
Loading music list from path: usb1:/wiiflow/themes/Default/music
Calling list to update filelist
Loading files containing .ogg|.mp3 in usb1:/wiiflow/music
Loading music list from path: usb1:/wiiflow/music
SHND: Running sound thread
Trying to open 'usb1:/wiiflow/settings/wiitdb.xml'...success
Checking game offsets
Loading items of usb view from usb1
Loading files containing .wbfs|.iso in usb1:/wbfs
Database file: usb1:/wiiflow/cache/lists/usb1_wbfs.db
update_games=0 update_homebrew=0 update_dml=0, update_emu=0
usb1:/wbfs
Games found: 1158
Now hide wait message
Stop showing images
Coverflow started!
Banner: Starting Thread
Banner Thread: Start
Banner Thread: Start getting cached Banner: usb1:/wiiflow/cache/banners/RXUE41.bnr
Banner Thread: Cached Banner found! Loading into memory

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Very small bug.

Deleted game within WiiFlow and banner for the deleted game appeared over the coverflow until moved into another game.

Also code dump if select a game with 3 up coverflow. I normally use the one row coverflow so not a problem. Works fine with no banner dol. Now looking for where to turn banner volume to 0 to avoid using dol

Is it possible to have different coverflows within the different source flows, i.e. adjusted the N64 covers to look a lot fatter, but this then made that coverflow too fat for Media Player and SNES. I could adjust the coverflows with duplicates flows but different box sizes, but think I might be missing something obvious.

To get the mediaplayer DVDcover to show had to place them in a folder within the wiiflow/boxcovers folder that matched the entry in the plugin folder mplayerce.ini,
i.e. usb:/wiiflow/boxcovers/mplayerce

now realise there are entries in the plugin folder .ini to set the folders to place the roms/files and what folder to refer to for covers within boxcovers.

Almost forgot I also had weird error where within setting themes was offered a default and a DEFAULT theme, only ini in theme folder is called default.ini .
When selected the other default, bits and pieces of the theme appeared corrupt. Restarted and everything seems fine again.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is it possible to have different coverflows within the different source flows, i.e. adjusted the N64 covers to look a lot fatter, but this then made that coverflow too fat for Media Player and SNES.
In the file /wiiflow/source_menu/source_menu.ini in the section that corresponds to the button you use to get to each plugin there's an option you can add "emuFlow" to tell it which one to use. E.G. "emuFlow=6"

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='thevoiceover']:
OK you are right, fixed that now, you can try this dol, it uses the cheats from the games folder with the id as name of the gct now.
@[member='bostonBC']:
Try this dol too:
http://www.mediafire...ugdn7um8ntd78ko
Added some possibly fix for it.
Same problem... One interesting thing - coming into coverflow all the game covers are loaded and displayed except the one that is the current selected one... that shows the loading icon.

Welcome to WiiFlow (3.2RC3-r428)!
This is the debug output.
Loading cIOS: 249
Reloading into IOS 249 from 58 (AHBPROT: 0)...
Going to show a wait message screen, delay: 5, # images: 8
OK, Current IOS: 249
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
Loaded cIOS: 249 has base 56
SD Card found.
Changing USB port to port 0....
* HDD Information
* Sectors: 3907029166
* Size [Sector Size]: 1.956 TB [512]
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: usb1:/apps/wiiflow
DIOS-MIOS (Lite) not found
Loading cIOS map
Found cIOS in slot 222
Found cIOS in slot 223
Found cIOS in slot 224
Found d2x base 56 in slot 249
Found d2x base 57 in slot 250
Data Directory: usb1:/wiiflow
Loading files containing .ogg|.mp3 in usb1:/wiiflow/themes/Default/music
Loading music list from path: usb1:/wiiflow/themes/Default/music
Loading files containing .ogg|.mp3 in usb1:/wiiflow/music
Loading music list from path: usb1:/wiiflow/music
SHND: Running sound thread
Trying to open 'usb1:/wiiflow/settings/wiitdb.xml'...success
Checking game offsets
Loading items of usb view from usb1
Loading files containing .wbfs|.iso in usb1:/wbfs
Database file: usb1:/wiiflow/cache/lists/usb1_wbfs.db
update_games=0 update_homebrew=0 update_dml=0, update_emu=0
usb1:/wbfs
Games found: 1158
Now hide wait message
Stop showing images
Coverflow started!
Banner: Starting Thread
Banner Thread: Start
Banner Thread: Start getting cached Banner: usb1:/wiiflow/cache/banners/RXUE41.bnr
Banner Thread: Cached Banner found! Loading into memory
Banner Thread: Cached Banner loaded

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
If this is just another excessive memory usage issue I know there's a lot of the images it uses that are still PNG's. Some of them that don't need transparency could be put in as JPG's (although I understand there are cases where JPG isn't actually the smallest)

You could also, perhaps, just load the current coverflow into memory. Most people don't spend a lot of time switching from one coverflow to another so a little lag shouldn't be a big deal given the benefit of more stability. This would also make memory no longer an issue with how many coverflows are in the themes.

Reactions: 1 person

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same problem... One interesting thing - coming into coverflow all the game covers are loaded and displayed except the one that is the current selected one... that shows the loading icon.
Sounds like the wii is running out of memory for you, do you use hq covers or shit like that?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is just another excessive memory usage issue I know there's a lot of the images it uses that are still PNG's. Some of them that don't need transparency could be put in as JPG's (although I understand there are cases where JPG isn't actually the smallest)

You could also, perhaps, just load the current coverflow into memory. Most people don't spend a lot of time switching from one coverflow to another so a little lag shouldn't be a big deal given the benefit of more stability. This would also make memory no longer an issue with how many coverflows are in the themes.
i can say this is what is working for me, i strip all the coverflow crap out of the theme's. an just copy my own coverflow over, haven't had a crash yet. that deals with coverflow/banners they all work great.( my banners are set to show up as a little square, an not full screen.) other then when switching the theme's,( this is the only time i get a crash.) that in it's self is no big deal.
also i could this help. the only plugin i use is mplayer, an i don't use nand. i have mine set up to use neek when playing wii/vc games.(not launching from wiiflow, but from my channel in sm.) the reason why i say this is cause i think the mem issue i coming from loading the hell out of wiiflow, with all the plug ins an crap.(damn i hope i'm saying this right, not meaning to piss off anyone.)..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, and retroactively the internet's praise +1