Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In rev 25 we had on option of booting on 202, 203 or 349 by pressing A, B or A+B. Were these options disabled in 39 and 41?

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello

I used R25-249 and I want to update but When I play with the R41, I have an error :
" must yous ios 222"

Why the new rev don't use 249 ?

Is it possible to install both ios 249 and 222 , where can I find the last 222 ?

So I 'll try the rev 41-249 by kovani

thk

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to compile the latest wiiflow myself, i downloaded the latest devkitpro via the downloader/auto installer and put the libogc contents into devkit folder on the root of my C:/, i then installed tortoise SVN and checked out the current svn/branches/ from r-win into a folder and got the current source, but when i open programmers notepad and click tools>make it very quickly gives me an error how it cant find the proper folder and no code to create the given folder etc. Probably a noob question but does the source have to be in a certain folder in order to compile it?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
bula said:
In rev 25 we had on option of booting on 202, 203 or 349 by pressing A, B or A+B. Were these options disabled in 39 and 41?

It was 222 , 223 or 249 , and it was in the forwarder , not wiiflow , so i think it's still available if you use Narolez Nforwarder
wink.gif

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skater4599 said:
I've been trying to compile the latest wiiflow myself, i downloaded the latest devkitpro via the downloader/auto installer and put the libogc contents into devkit folder on the root of my C:/, i then installed tortoise SVN and checked out the current svn/branches/ from r-win into a folder and got the current source, but when i open programmers notepad and click tools>make it very quickly gives me an error how it cant find the proper folder and no code to create the given folder etc. Probably a noob question but does the source have to be in a certain folder in order to compile it?
It doesn't matter which folder the source is in. In programmers notepad, did you open the makefile located in the folder where you downloaded the source? Also, make sure the libogc zip file you were supposed to download has its contents (an include and lib directories) copied into the existing libogc subdirectory of the devkitpro and not just into the devkitpro directory itself.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Benjay said:
bula said:

It was 222 , 223 or 249 , and it was in the forwarder , not wiiflow , so i think it's still available if you use Narolez Nforwarder
wink.gif

I am trying to understand all the changes per release, but didn't R-win say it depended on the Compiled version?

It seams the new releases are all Hermes by default. IF you want Wanins 249 then you need to rem out some lines in the source and compile that version your self.

So even if you had Nforwarder and selected say 249, but had the new r41 release compiled for 222 would it not dump or crash?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Dent I am opening the makefile inside the source folder yes, the libogc contents i did have wrong, thank you for that, i overwrote the contents in the folder with the ones i downloaded and tried again, but im getting same error, Do you have a link to Devkitpro you use? Im thinkin maybe i got a wrong version or somthing? its error 002 in Prog notepad btw

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
dont overwrite the contents, rename old libogc and copy the new one over

when compile always use clean then make

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips guys but im still getting same error :/

> "make"
./svnrev.sh: line 22: ./source/svnrev.h: No such file or directory
Changed Rev to 41

make[1]: /e/Wii: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/e/Wii'. Stop.
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:01

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like you got spaces in the directory names

example

c:/loaders/wiiflow R41

should be

c:/loaders/wiiflow_R41

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the directory/path so no spaces as i did have them (thanks pepxl) But now im getting new error

> "make"
./svnrev.sh: line 22: ./source/svnrev.h: No such file or directory
Changed Rev to 41

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Thumbs.db.o', needed by `/c/wiisources/WiiFlow/R41/fat_ntfs/fat_ntfs.elf'. Stop.

> Time Taken: 00:00

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
go into

\data

and delete thumbs.db

you must have "Show Hidden Files" and "Show Protected System Folders" enabled in "Folder Options" in Windows

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
go into

\data

and delete thumbs.db

you must have "Show Hidden Files" and "Show Protected System Folders" enabled in "Folder Options" in Windows

Done, it got aLOT farther this time so im not going to post the whole error log but i still get an error
frown.gif
. Heres the last few lines

c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-__call_atexit.o): In function `__call_exitprocs':
(.text.__call_exitprocs+0x26): undefined reference to `__wrap_free'
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-__call_atexit.o): In function `__call_exitprocs':
(.text.__call_exitprocs+0x1ac): undefined reference to `__wrap_free'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/wiisources/WiiFlow/R41/fat_ntfs/fat_ntfs.elf] Error 1

> Time Taken: 00:12

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finally gotten wiiflow to compile and devkitpro/libogc/tortoise svn etc setup on my pc, I'm trying to learn more about creating programs and such for the wii, and since wiiflow is my favorite program for the wii i thought id learn by looking at its source, I do have another (n00b) question im sure, With r41 i was able to compile it with the makefile included with the source, but im now looking at vip's patch source he posted earlier in this thread, however it doesnt have a makefile in it, How does one go about compiling it without it? Im looking at making a few edits (to learn and for personal use)

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
- Does Wiiflow (NTFS support) work with Hermes V4 or V5 ?

- Can someone compile a version with working configs for NTFS ? coz it's wont work until now, only code dumps ^^

thanks

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Does Wiiflow (NTFS support) work with Hermes V4 or V5 ? YES VER 4

I never try ver 5 yet , till r-win comes back from VAC ..

r0bb12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
atupac said:
- Does Wiiflow (NTFS support) work with Hermes V4 or V5 ?

- Can someone compile a version with working configs for NTFS ? coz it's wont work until now, only code dumps ^^

thanks

Latest rev (r41) support Hermes V5 but NTFS still not load games (code dump)
Fat should work (not tested) with hermes V5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters