Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WAIKIKI728 said:
..................In your case, try to copy every file and folder from sd:/wiiflow and take them to sd:/apps/wiiflow. You can now delete sd:/wiiflow. In your wiiflow.ini be sure that you updated every path and data_on_usb is set to "no".............

That is what i mean maybe in the future it would be easier not to have to update every path manually in the file wiifow.ini every time i try a new revision...(when i try a new revision wiiflow creates automaticlly a folder in usb:/apps althought i have the same folder in sd:/apps)

It´s ok....it´s just small request..............

Its a small request but a completely pointless one, you won't have to keep moving them, once you have it working this is the folder layout that will stay. I believe the change in layout was made because of some usefull features in HBC. But anyhow if you have it working now on r41 then all will be fine in future releases!

Plasma

ElBarto

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hallo,
Can someone help me?
If I try to start a Game with WiiFlow (with all Versions) I get a Code Dump with ios 222.
If I take ios 249 or 223 the screen is black an then the Wii reboot.

Sorry for my english but this ist not my native language.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Jiiwah said:
I updated again the language.ini

READ HERE

@PizzaPino : be careful your ini isn't good, arab language and some others are corrupted :

about1=%s Ù„Ùؤادر من
about2=%s مبرمج
about3=:\n\n%s%s%s\n\n%s شكرا إلى
appname=%s v%s
cd1=رجوع
cd2=محو
cfg1=إعدادات
cfg10=رجوع
cfg11=ترعد

hm true, thanks for that. i will fix that with the addition of cfgg15.

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ElBarto said:
Hallo,
Can someone help me?
If I try to start a Game with WiiFlow (with all Versions) I get a Code Dump with ios 222.
If I take ios 249 or 223 the screen is black an then the Wii reboot.

Sorry for my english but this ist not my native language.

Can you give us some more information ..

what kind of partition is on your hard drive, WBFS, FAT, NTFS etc
where are the covers / ini files?
What version of Wiiflow are you using

Kind Regards

Plasma

st33lb0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
atupac said:
Ok here my Feedback for the NTFS side with "r41.dol" and it works pretty well, Bravo r-win
wink.gif
:

- first time i launched it, of course "wbfs-error -1" because it doesn't know what Format i have... => would be cool to add an Automatic Format(FAT,WBFS, NTFS) detection!

After i set my NTFS1 ==> hdd recognized ^^

- Tried to Download ALL the Boxcovers ==> perfect with the HQ covers (i noticed it makes directly the ".wfc" cahe files)

- Tried to launch first game ==> got code dumps with reboot on the 2 tested games: MKWii & NSMBWii. I'll up screenshots later...

- Themes ==> Beautiful, especially STARNIGHT with it's future design

- have to test sound too...

Which ios version are you running?

Hermes 4 or 5?

ElBarto

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
.:Plasma:. said:

Kind Regards

Plasma

I have a NTFS partition.
I tried all versions since the version R32.
My .ini files are on my SD Card (root\wiiflow )

r0bb12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ElBarto said:
.:Plasma:. said:

Kind Regards

Plasma

I have a NTFS partition.
I tried all versions since the version R32.
My .ini files are on my SD Card (root\wiiflow )

Hi, this is a know bug which occurs only with NTFS partitions.
r-win know it, so just be patient, he will fix it soon

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kovani said:
Yeah, it is a known issue I guess. I use r25 when I need to install a game. I'm pretty sure r-win will work on that after his vacation.
Thanks for the info! I'll just use r25 just when i need to install a game then.

And I'm loving the progress this loader is making. Its the best out there imo. Thanks r-win!

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dent said:
Why is it when I compile the latest r41 source taken from /svn/branches/fat_ntfs that the resulting .dol file does not match the r41.dol that is located on the downloads page of the wiiflow.googlecode.com when I do a file compare? Does anyone else get this result when they try to compile the r41 source themselves?
So, has anyone tried to compile r41 themselves and done a file compare?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
is yours using IOS222 of 249 as the default?
IOS222. The source from the branches defaults to 222.

QUOTE(WiiBricker @ Mar 20 2010, 01:53 PM) I think you have to download the complete source from /svn/trunk and merge it with the fat_ntfs source from /svn/branches. Correct me if im wrong.
I can try that and see what happens.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It depends on what version of devkitpro and libogc you have. Also, I'm pretty sure using Linux will get you a different size than Windows.

@WiiBricker No need to merge it. The current version of WiiFlow uses /svn/branches.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dent said:
xzxero said:
is yours using IOS222 of 249 as the default?
IOS222. The source from the branches defaults to 222.

WiiBricker said:
I think you have to download the complete source from /svn/trunk and merge it with the fat_ntfs source from /svn/branches. Correct me if im wrong.
I can try that and see what happens.
So doing this merge does not work. It errors out right at the very end when compiling.

QUOTE(Kovani @ Mar 20 2010, 03:29 PM)
It depends on what version of devkitpro and libogc you have. Also, I'm pretty sure using Linux will get you a different size than Windows.
I am using devkitpro rev 19 and the libogc-23-10-09-DevkitR18-19.zip (which is found on the wiiflow googlecode site) and running under Windows. And now that you mentioned it, I just noticed the resulting .dol that I compiled has a slight different file size as compared to the r41.dol on the Wiiflow googlecode site.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I said, you'll get a big difference on the file size if you take the source from /svn/trunk. r-win decided to work on /svn/branches so all his changes are only included on that folder. As long as you take the source from /svn/branches and use libogc-23-10-09-DevkitR18-19 you'll be fine.

Rankine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still getting a code dump error for the NTFS partition when trying to load a game. However, I tried loading it through Configurable USB Loader and found that I have too many fragments (over 20000 fragments).

I'm currently de-fragging my drive (one of my games has over 40000 fragments). If this works, then I think it might be the cause of a lot of people's problems.

EDIT: Okay, so I still get a code dump on WiiFlow, but the games load just fine for the NTFS partition in Configurable USB Loader and USB Loader GX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill