gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
temps said:
very interested in fat32 support - so I downloaded the latest version but it can't find the games - is there some configuration to do? I note that partition=WBFS1 is in the ini file, does that need to be changed? There is a folder /WBFS in the fat32 partition, which configurable usb loader picks up no problem.

Thanks
Can anybody answer this? I'm running into the same issue. My fat32 hdd renders WBFS -1 in the latest revision. Where do wbfs files need to be on the disk? Can they be in subfolders? Do I need to change the wiiflow.ini??

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If you want to use FAT , the following filenames are accepted
USB:/wbfs/Game Title (Be Creative) [GAMEID].wbfs
USB:/wbfs/Game Title (Be Creative) [GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
USB:/wbfs/GAMEID_Game Title (Be Creative)/GAMEID.wbfs

And for the moment you must force FAT in the wiiflow.ini
so you have to modify this : partition=WBFS1 to partition=FAT1

wink.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please reupload R27t1 somewhere.The link on googlecode page will not work anymore.

I'm having a problem with the hard drive starting up after a full shut down of the wii.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I transferred al my games to a FAT32 HDD, everything is working fine (thanks to Benjay's tips!) but:
The covers I downloaded are all glitched or something? I'm using the latest revision (r41) Is this a known issue on FAT partitions (couldn't find anything on the issues list on the GoogleCode page)

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yea, also to add to my previous post: how come when i DL the usa covers from wiitdb and add them to the covers folder, when i go into wiiflow, they show up as PAL instead?

edit: since some games i have are PAL, what i did was DLed a US cover and "tricked" the loader to use a US cover for a PAL game

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yep, Benjay's simple concise answer got it all working. partition=FAT1. I also used wiibricker's tutorial showtopic=212497 and trucha bug restorer.
I have to say how impressed with wiiflow and configurable usb loader. Both products are superb and bring decent functionality. Many thanks to all those who contribute.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well i figured out a fix for the drive that would not be seen after a full shutdown of the wii.

I made a channel wad of R31 and am using that and it wakes the hard drive up just fine now

I wanted to use R25 channel wad but the issue was not fixed until R28 from looking at the googlecode page.

My question is what is the most stable release above R28 that i could use as a wad channel and not loose certain features.By looking at the changelog it doesnt seem many features were added but im wondering what bugs may have appeared since then.

I'm using a fat32 as partition one for apps,covers,config ext.. and wbfs as partition two

*Also even though i downloaded R31 from the google code page it still shows as R28 in the credits*

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
gitkua said:
I transferred al my games to a FAT32 HDD, everything is working fine (thanks to Benjay's tips!) but:
The covers I downloaded are all glitched or something? I'm using the latest revision (r41) Is this a known issue on FAT partitions (couldn't find anything on the issues list on the GoogleCode page)

Arf sorry dude , i forgot to mention that for the moment , your covers must be on your SD card , otherwise if you download some new covers to your HDD , they will get corrupted.....
This is a known issue and R-win will fix it when he comes back from holydays
wink.gif

This happens ONLY with new covers downloaded , or if you create the cache covers (.wfc) from your HDD.
So , move the "boxcovers" and "cache" folders to your SD card , delete the content of the "cache" folder , modify the paths to covers in the wiiflow.ini , and run wiiflow.
At this time , cache covers will be created from your SD , and everything will be fine
wink.gif

And from now you'll be able to download new covers without getting them corrupted.
oh , once the cache covers are created from your SD , if you don't plan on downloading new ones , you can move them back to your HDD (don't forget to modify paths in wiiflow.ini)

actually you just get corrupted covers if the cache covers are created from your HDD
wink.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Benjay said:
Arf sorry dude , i forgot to mention that for the moment , your covers must be on your SD card , otherwise if you download some new covers to your HDD , they will get corrupted.....
This is a known issue and R-win will fix it when he comes back from holydays
wink.gif

This happens ONLY with new covers downloaded , or if you create the cache covers (.wfc) from your HDD.
So , move the "boxcovers" and "cache" folders to your SD card , delete the content of the "cache" folder , modify the paths to covers in the wiiflow.ini , and run wiiflow.
At this time , cache covers will be created from your SD , and everything will be fine
wink.gif

And from now you'll be able to download new covers without getting them corrupted.
Thanks! Figured as much! Now I know it isn't just me!
smile.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know if theme backgrounds can be sized different than 640x480? It's not widescreen and the stretched backgrounds look like crap on my hdtv

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Me again ^^

I remember Hibern (but i'm not really sure) telling me about 1024x1024 for max size of pictures.
And this for EVERY picture (background , icons , etc...)
Maybe you could try with something like 854x480 , there is no risk.

Waiting for your feedback
wink.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll try when I get back home... just noticed all the backgrounds of other themes are 640x480 (and yeah; you again
wink.gif
are you the "official spokesperson" or something? thanks dude!)

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yeah all backgrounds are 640x480 , but it's just because it is the "normal" size for wii.
Have a try i think it wiil work. (i'm too lazy to try it now ^^)

And no , i'm not the "official spokeperson" , but i've been following wiiflow since its very first version (Hibern was french too , we had many private discussions about it) , and i'm actually on holidays so i read this thread many times a day.

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering, has anybody been able to get wiiflow working with hermes v5 223 ios37? I've been reading around and saw that it was an intitial support and it depended on the compiled binary but so far I haven't had any luck getting it working. I tried r28, r31, r39, and r41 dols from google code(can't find 40 ). I'm not much for compiling and still trying to figure that out.

Just for reference, I got a 4.2u, boot2, priiloader, with all the latest ios's and ciosxrev19. If anybody has one that works, I would like to try it?

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well, i finally found out what was causing the forwarder from booting correctly. my folder was still named as wiiflow_249 after finding out that for either wiiflow folder versions are supposed to be changed to just "wiiflow". but now my question is that how can i "trick" the loader into making a PAL game use an NTSC cover? ive made some of them possible, like making a jap version of klonoa use an ntsc HQ cover, but a few others do not apply the same way. instead they show the PAL covers for the PAL game.

r0bb12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Baboo77 said:
I was wondering, has anybody been able to get wiiflow working with hermes v5 223 ios37? I've been reading around and saw that it was an intitial support and it depended on the compiled binary but so far I haven't had any luck getting it working. I tried r28, r31, r39, and r41 dols from google code(can't find 40 ). I'm not much for compiling and still trying to figure that out.

Just for reference, I got a 4.2u, boot2, priiloader, with all the latest ios's and ciosxrev19. If anybody has one that works, I would like to try it?

Only R41 support hermes V5 with FAT partition. Due to a bug in NTFS, games can't be load on NTFS.
Hermes V5 is only used with FAT or NTFS, if you have a WBFS partition, R41 use Wanin Cios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol