Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@wiimanizer Just a hunch but couldn't you just change the PAL game ID to an NTSC game ID. It would still be pal but your loader would treat it as an NTSC

@r0bb12 Thanks, thats too bad cause all my games are on wbfs at he moment. I don't think I have the patience to convert it all to FAT.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
r0bb12 said:
Hermes V5 is only used with FAT or NTFS, if you have a WBFS partition, R41 use Wanin Cios.
Not true, Hermes V5 can also load games from WBFS just fine. It all depends on which compiled version you use.

In short, Hermes V5 can load FAT/NTFS/WBFS, Wanin CIOS can only load WBFS (for now).

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, I'm looking for one of those compiled versions, can you point me in the right direction? All the ones I've tried just freezes when I try to load a game with any other ios then 222 ios38. I just get blacks sceeens when using 223ios37 or 57.

r0bb12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
r-win said:
r0bb12 said:
Hermes V5 is only used with FAT or NTFS, if you have a WBFS partition, R41 use Wanin Cios.
Not true, Hermes V5 can also load games from WBFS just fine. It all depends on which compiled version you use.

In short, Hermes V5 can load FAT/NTFS/WBFS, Wanin CIOS can only load WBFS (for now).

Sorry, just a misunderstanding.
btw, you'r back from your vacation? Ready to kill NTFS bug?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r-win said:
r0bb12 said:

What do you mean depends on the compiled version? If I compile the r41 source myself there is only one .dol outputted. Are there specific changes you have to make to the source to enable Hermes v5 usage with WBFS?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
What's the best combination of WiiFlow revisions + cIOS available at the moment (for speed and compatibility)?

I've got Waninkoko's cIOS rev 17 + WiiFlow rev 25 249 at the moment, and while it works well, I do have to occasionally adjust game settings to 222/223 for USB peripherals to work.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using the original 1.1 release for some time. I have both 249 and 222 releases installed and both work fine.
I have the following IOSs installed, 249 (Waninkoko V15) and 222 (Hermes V4).

I thought I would have a look at some of the latest releases
I have installed r41 to a seperate directory and run from the homebrew channel to test. The cover flow loads fine and appears to be a lot faster than the older release which is nice. When I try to run a game all I get is Disc_SetWBFS failed.

I am still running all homebrew from the SD card so the external HDD is set up to WBFS only.
Games have been installed using WBFS manager 3.0 (AlexDP)

Any ideas?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xzxero, they're talking about cIOSs, not cfg usb loader
biggrin.gif

cios249 rev18+ supports fat32, but not ntfs, ntfs is currently only supported by hermes cios'

and the most recent release of cfg supports it all,
222,223,224 with fat32 and ntfs support (possibly wbfs, not sure)
and 249,250 with fat32 and wbfs support

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero said:
Rankine said:
xzxero said:
r-win said:
...Wanin CIOS can only load WBFS (for now).
but it has support for FAT/NTFS right starting from rev18 and up?
I don't think so.
CFG USB loader 55 and up does.
Well, there is a difference. CFG USB Loader 55 and up changes the default dip module from Wanin's cios, to add support for frag lists. Frag lists are used by other filesystems, like FAT or NTFS. So, if we implement the change (and oggzee gave me the source for that) to support a custom dip plugin when using cios rev18+, it'll work also with Wanins cios.

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to say THANKS to everybody working on the wiiflow project. It is by far the best looking USB loader out there and from what I have been following, the next official release is shaping up to nothing short of incredible. FAT, NTFS and Hermes5 support, add that pluggin to make 249 work with FAT and NTFS and the ability to run wiiware and vc as well and you'll be sending the rest of the usb loaders running home to mama.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it possible to a WBFS drive to play VC and Wiiware games?
If yes,can anyone help me please?
I have a WBFS hdd playing isos with no problem but I do not know how to install wads to it.
Thanks in advance...

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can´t install WW/VC game to wbfs either just use the official SD Card Menu (to play games from SD Card) or you use triiforce but triiforce only supports FAT.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I would like to alter the source code to boot wiiflow r25 with IOS250 as default because I have rev17 installed under 249 for triiforce usability, and have rev19base57 installed under 250. I would like to utilize the increased USB performance in wiiflow and shouldn't think it'd be harder than changing a few arguments in the source from 249 to 250.

Could someone please direct me to what must be changed in the source to accomplish this? Thanks guys

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks anywho

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kovani said:
I've compliled WiiFlow r41 for you with IOS249. This version will only work with a WBFS partition.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jn2eymw4qrz

Enjoy!
I tried this build and unlike the original compiled by r-win (got the message "DiscSetWBFS failed" using IOS 223), it was actually able to load Guitar Hero WT using IOS 223, but not any other IOS including the DEFAULT one. (Just get a black screen with every other IOS) However, using IOS 223, when going to the store in GHWT, the screen freezes saying the connection has timed out and I am left to power down my Wii manually since the remote fails to respond.

My Wii is on 4.1U, using Wanin's Rev 17 cIOS and Hermes' v5 cIOS. I am assuming this is a problem with the latest WiiFlow build working with Hermes' Rev 5?

Just wanted to say thanks again to r-win and crew for all the work involved.
smile.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
Kovani said:
I've compliled WiiFlow r41 for you with IOS249. This version will only work with a WBFS partition.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jn2eymw4qrz

Enjoy!
I tried this build and unlike the original compiled by r-win (got the message "DiscSetWBFS failed" using IOS 223), it was actually able to load Guitar Hero WT using IOS 223, but not any other IOS including the DEFAULT one. (Just get a black screen with every other IOS) However, using IOS 223, when going to the store in GHWT, the screen freezes saying the connection has timed out and I am left to power down my Wii manually since the remote fails to respond.

My Wii is on 4.1U, using Wanin's Rev 17 cIOS and Hermes' v5 cIOS. I am assuming this is a problem with the latest WiiFlow build working with Hermes' Rev 5?

Just wanted to say thanks again to r-win and crew for all the work involved.
smile.gif
Get the same with 4.2U, using Wanin's Rev 15 cIOS and Hermes' v4 cIOS.
I will try with Wanin's Rev 18 shortly.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Does anyone have a r41 dol that supports Hermes IOS223v5? Someone said that v5 support fot WBFS depended on how it was compiled, and the one on googlecode returns an error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-