Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hey bostonBC, I prolly fixed the codedump you had there, see r367.
r367 said:
-if emu save partition is set to -1, it will use sd card by default
Didn't the -1 mean real NAND? is this when NAND emulation is turned on and it's still set to -1 or something?

Edit : never mind, I get it. It's for the nand extraction.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey bostonBC, I prolly fixed the codedump you had there, see r367.
Thanks, I will check r367 in the morning.

I'm wiped and am playing trying to setup my Wasabi. It is an Optical Drive Emulator for the Xbox 360 and there are a lot of steps to get it to work. It isn't as cool as a softmodded Wii and WiiFlow but it's pretty much the best the Xbox has :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuts, I need to get more hardware to get the drive key out of my Xbox 360... I love the Wii mods :)

So I compiled r367 and am getting pretty similar results:

Monster Truck Arena - blackscreened and hung first time - rebooted, 2nd time ran fine, 3rd time blackscreened

Monster Truck Offroad - ran 3x with no problems

Mario Party 9 - code dumped 1st time - hung, had to power cycle, ran ok 2nd and 3rd times

Mario Party 8 - code dumped 1st time - returned to WiiFlow after 5 seconds, 2nd time it also code dumped but froze and I had to power cycle, 3rd time it worked

Monster Hunter Tri - worked all 3 times

CSI Hard Evidence - 1st time green screened had to power cycle, 2nd time code dumped and froze - had to power cycle, 3rd time ran ok

Monsters vs. Aliens - blackscreened 1st time had to power cycle, ran fine 2nd and 3rd times

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuts, I need to get more hardware to get the drive key out of my Xbox 360... I love the Wii mods :)

So I compiled r367 and am getting pretty similar results:

Monster Truck Arena - blackscreened and hung first time - rebooted, 2nd time ran fine, 3rd time blackscreened

Monster Truck Offroad - ran 3x with no problems

Mario Party 9 - code dumped 1st time - hung, had to power cycle, ran ok 2nd and 3rd times

Mario Party 8 - code dumped 1st time - returned to WiiFlow after 5 seconds, 2nd time it also code dumped but froze and I had to power cycle, 3rd time it worked

Monster Hunter Tri - worked all 3 times

CSI Hard Evidence - 1st time green screened had to power cycle, 2nd time code dumped and froze - had to power cycle, 3rd time ran ok

Monsters vs. Aliens - blackscreened 1st time had to power cycle, ran fine 2nd and 3rd times

maybe cuz u have like 1000 games xD

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
my NOT expert stab in the dark is the following :
If it were a problem with one thread it would always follow the instructions in the same order and get the same error.
Since there's problems some of the times and not the other's my wild guess is that it has something to do with different threads not syncing all the time.

There's my 2 cents but I can't really say I know anything about how the code really works so feel free to ignore me.

ECSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This one will make your head spin when extended_list_check is set to yes :)
Might take some time to load :D
davidope10wp.gif

ohhhhhh my eyes

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Today I woke up and found out 367 is out, so I deleted the wiiflow source folder (not only .svn folder) and downloaded the whole thing again.
After building the dol the speed issues are completely fixed in all modes :) thanks Fix, I know you're not a quitter :P

However "the last story" starts into a green screen (used to work on earlier builts with force pal 60), so we still need to make the app able to play games (j/k) :)

Edit: So if anybody else is still having the emumode slow loading and delays when returning to wiiflow try what I did (honestly I don't know whether it's 367 or the fresh full source that did the trick)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using r367 - starts up fine although weird star field and blue line at bottom appears briefly before loading screen. crashes when changing themes again. crashes when exiting by 'home' button and exit icon. haven't tried any games yet.

my earlier pausing on start I fixed on my own. I had deleted a few games so I had to delete the list in the cache/lists folder.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still the same codedump as before? Maybe its on a different place now, here is my compiled dol:
http://www.mediafire...yfxc1l27eu3tyxi
With your dol...

Monsters vs Aliens - ran 1st time, blackscreened 2nd time - power cycled, worked 3rd time.

Monster Truck Arena - blackscreened 1st time - power cycled, worked second time, blackscreened 3rd time.

Mario Party 9 - worked 1st time, blackscreened 2nd time - power cycled, worked 3rd time.

Mario Party 8 - worked 1st and 2nd times, blackscreened 3rd time - power cycled.

Monster Hunter Tri - code dumped (attached - A) 1st time and hung - power cycled, worked 2nd and 3rd times.

Monster Truck Offroad - worked all 3 times.

CSI Hard Evidence - 1st time green screened, 2nd time ran, 3rd time code dumped (attached - B).

One note - when I power cycle after a black screen it flashed a green screen just like what comes up on the CSI Hard Evidence game.

a)

IMG00100_20120517_0816.jpg

b)

IMG00101_20120517_0823.jpg

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About the green screen see the latest rev, somehow it seems important to do a proper cleanup I noticed, some games now run properly for me.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the green screen see the latest rev, somehow it seems important to do a proper cleanup I noticed, some games now run properly for me.
Was looking better but I got a code dump and hangs with r369.

CSI Hard Evidence - worked all 3 times.

Monster Hunter Tri - worked all 3 times.

Mario Party 8 - worked 1st time, blackscreened 2nd time - power cycled (no green flash this time), code dumped 3rd time but I didn't have my camera ready quick enough, worked 4th, 5th and 6th times.

Mario Party 9 - worked all 3 times.

Monster Truck Arena - worked all 3 times.

Monsters vs Aliens - worked first 2 times, code dumped 3rd time (attached).

IMG00102_20120517_1002.jpg

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the codedump you had there, very exotic one :P
Using r371 - Much better! - Only 1 hang and no code dumps so far...

CSI Hard Evidence - worked all 3 times.

Mario Party 8 - worked all 3 times.

Mario Party 9 - worked all 3 times.

Monster Hunter Tri - worked 1st time, blackscreened 2nd time - power cycled, worked 3rd time

Monsters vs Aliens - worked all 3 times.

Monster Truck Arena - worked all 3 times.

I will test with some more games to see if I get any more hangs or code dumps.

Also - one annoying thing - there is a flash of a graphic just before and just after each game loads/exits. Usually a black starfield screen on starting and an image of the last graphic or an inverse of that graphic on exit.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tested r371 - working great! a few minor image flickers when returning to wiiflow and few black screens mainly when running a emu game. no crash when changing themes, no crash when exiting, USB games run fine, NAND games run fine, Emu games run fine and return to Wiiflow fine. overall everything seems to be back up to par.

Bravo to Fix94 for getting WiiFlow back on track and everything else you've done.

Bravo to Overjoy - I tried out the NAND features and everything seems to be working great. Love the new NAND extract and Gamesave extract menu and options

Bravo to Yardape8000 - For fixing 'Set USB failed -6' error, adding wifi gecko, and many other improvements.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This flickering should be gone now I hope, I know with the emu games, because I havent touched that code at all yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not